Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: O-1 Bird Dog  (Read 12903 times)

Ont_R

• Modder
O-1 Bird Dog
« on: July 13, 2016, 12:30:07 PM »

This is the Alphasim O-1F Bird Dog model that was released to us sometime ago so all credit for this model goes to the original creator I merely adapted it to work in game. Also a big thanks to

Flakiten, melissa, and Greif11 for the original L-5 as well as to SAS~Skipper for the Bird Dog - Cocaine Smuggler this is based on. https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,38118.0.html

As with my other mods cut and paste the original Cessna Bird Dog folder to a safe location and drop this one in it's place or if you're using CUP simply place this in your #WAW folder and it

should work as there were no changes made to the air.ini or skins folder. Tested in 4.12.2 with CUP.

I've included two additional skins the first is for an O-1D of the 19th TASS one of the first USAF Bird Dogs to deploy to Vietnam in July 1963.

The second is for Major Boung's O-1A which he used to escape Vietnam with his wife and five children. Major Boung is credited with making the first landing by an O-1 on an aircraft carrier, landing on USS Midway on 30th April 1975.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/djuj9jb5nw2swtd/Bird_Dog.rar

Float Version based on the L-5 Stinson float. Thanks again to Flakiten, melissa, and Greif11 for the original L-5 and as with my other mods cut and paste the original L-5 Stinson float  folder to a safe location and drop this one in it's place. No change to the air.ini but skins use the " L-5_STOL-Float " folder. Tested in 4.12.2 with CUP.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zyn0kgo52s0xkff/Bird_Dog_Float.rar

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
Re: O-1 Bird Dog
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 02:00:26 PM »

Excellent! Will use it!
cogito, ergo sum armatus

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 02:05:33 PM »

Excellent job you have done with this Ont_R, thank you very much, greatly appreciated. 8)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

dona

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 03:48:56 PM »

Thank you Ont_R!!  The skies over South East Asia have just gotten a bit more crowded.  Great!!

torontotawa

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 06:16:25 PM »

;) ;) Thx, but...

I got an error: Mission failed loading, NULL  ::( ::(

Log:

INTERNAL ERROR: Can't open file 'effects/smokes/Gun.eff'
WARNING: object 'effects/smokes/Gun.eff' of class 'FObjSect' not created
INTERNAL ERROR: Effect param file 'effects/smokes/Gun.eff' NOT loaded
Mission error, ID_04: java.lang.RuntimeException: INTERNAL ERROR: Effect param file 'effects/smokes/Gun.eff' NOT loaded

java.lang.RuntimeException: INTERNAL ERROR: Effect param file 'effects/smokes/Gun.eff' NOT loaded

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 01:33:28 AM »

Major Boung landing his O-1 on USS Midway ...

... and here from 7' (looks like his O-1 was dumped into the sea after landing, like several choppers too ...)

taskf53

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 03:56:47 AM »

Hello.

412.2 MA 5.3 in QMB i encounter the same problem as  torontotawa.

Seems good if i only change 3do,Presets,Samples, in the  Bird Dog - Cocaine Smuggler .

Just a test i'm not a modder. :-|

Mono27

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 04:28:23 AM »

This is awesome! Thank you!

Nieucross

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 10:38:50 PM »

Its always nice to see new aircraft here.

Great work m8

oldschoolie

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 01:13:49 PM »

I had the dreaded grey horizon with no cockpit at first, but by removing the folder "Sentinel" from the cockpit folder and inserting the pit from the original all works perfectly. Great to have this little bird, thank you. The skins are really attractive.
PS I must be a bit slow, because all I really needed to do was to rename the "Sentinel" folder as "BirdDog"!

Ont_R

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 07:16:10 PM »

Thanks all for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated and I'm glad you like it.  :)

@ Torontotawa. Not sure what would cause that as I've flown this in just about every map in my QMB without issue. Are you using 4.12.2 or another version ?

@ Taskf53 and oldschoolie. Glad you got it working and I'll see if I can figure out what the issue is and post an update if I find it.

Cheers and thanks again,

Ont_R

P.s. Thanks for the vids Mick ;) 

Mono27

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 08:38:18 AM »

The Bird Dog is nice for Korea and Vietnam missions. It would be fine to have a Piper L-4 Grasshopper as well for WW2 missions.
I mean a "real" Grasshopper, not a franken.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.