Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Viet Minh map update (July 2016)  (Read 14510 times)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
Re: Viet Minh update
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2016, 12:54:47 PM »

9 single player missions for this map here:  http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2319

These are based on historical missions flown by the Flying Tigers and 14th Air Force during the Japanese occupation of Indochina.
 Fly the...
 Hawk81A-2
 P-40E
 P-40M
 P-51B
 P-38L

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2016, 01:23:56 PM »

Hello CzechTexan, the latest actors cured the problem, thank you very much, greatly appreciated. 8)

I have now removed the link to my earlier version of the map in my thread and put a link to this one there in the first post, however, I will
leave my thread open for now so anyone can see the changes I made to the original map. ;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2016, 01:49:06 PM »

hi Pete  ;D I guess they can call us the TeamVietnam!  I hope this map is satisfactory to all.  I'm  happy with it now.  Things get better with age, as you could say.  Glad to see your ag_cz_ps map discussion points people to this one. 
You may have noticed I reverted back to the original all.ini name:
ag_Viet_Minh ag_Viet_Minh/load.ini

...That's to keep it working with DBW and VP Modpack.

Vietnam is a beautiful country.  Never been there but this is how I get to see it!  The mountains and jungle are wild and btw...agracier did an awesome job making the rivers! 

MarvinT

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2016, 07:07:56 PM »

Thanks again for the map upgrades.  Now able to save missions after using the new ( ag_cztx_PS_Viet_Min ) all .ini . Not missing any objects.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2016, 07:20:47 PM »

I must add this to my VP-Modpack, unless Istvan has already included it in his
next upcoming update.
But I cant wait !
I will install it tomorrow when I get home  ;D
Thank You CzechTexan

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2016, 09:59:06 PM »

Appreciate it Max!  :)

I made a mission template with objects made by Belly, Poussin, vpmedia, Mission_bug, and Anatoli.  Hope I didn't miss giving credit to anyone.  I put all the good object templates I could find on to this Viet Minh map so that they could all be together.  This will make it easier for mission builders.  I'd like to thank all those involved in making these templates.

Groups of objects are scattered throughout the map.
Dien Bien Phu is heavily populated.  You can Delete some objects if frame rates are too low.
Hanoi and Haiphong airfields are populated.
More templates of groups of solders are found at the very bottom of the map on the coast, southeast of Ban Thuy.  Copy/Paste these groups wherever needed.
I placed Front Line markers to show the early war situation.

I did not make any of these templates.  I simpy copy/pasted them into a mission on this Map so that all could be in the same place.  I did fix some of them on the map and I did populate Dien Bien Phu and Hanoi airfields using objects I had copied.

I also added some fictitious Viet Minh air force skins for the La-7, Yak-3VK-107, IL-10.  The base skins were made by Beebop several years ago.  I made some improvements so they're a little better now and I made additional skins.
Also added a French P-63 by Zargos.
These skins are included so that the planes in the template will look correct.

I'll add the Download Link when it's ready on M4T.
DOWNLOAD:  http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2320

Here are three pics of Dien Bien Phu...

Zoran395

• Mapper
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2016, 07:05:05 AM »

It blends really well, a credit to the texture work you did in the "cuvette".

Now, what about these RedBull air race poles? I have seen some used on IL-2 WWII maps but I could never understand what they are meant to represent. Is this historical? A target for Viet Minh artillery?
I understand this is none of your doing but maybe, having been around in IL-2 for longer than I have, you would know more about them ...?

It is still a very good idea to deliver a map with dedicated templates so good on you!

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2016, 07:23:20 AM »

Zoran, well, you're right, I did not make them.  I just figured they were some type of antenna for radio.  I thought about replacing them but did not know of a suitable replacement object.  I can replace them if someone finds a good replacement.  Thanks for the nice words.

Zoran395

• Mapper
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2016, 07:33:20 AM »

All good.
When you place a non-directional radio beacon, they are pretty subtle, you still get the antenna look and they are not too big either... there must some other objects but they don't come to mind now. These NDB were introduced with 4.10 I think (?) so the rebels will miss out ...unless Epervier ...

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2016, 09:13:22 AM »

Those trenches, they look great on this Vietnam map CzechTexan.
They were actually done by me for Boomers most excellent WW1-Somme map many years ago.
But the trench skin-textures can
be used for just about any other maps when needed. They look great here too.

As for the other trench model pieces (3d-model objects), I have just re-textured them all last week (summer + winter + desert versions).
I have also given all the crater models a new texture too.
They now have a little more detail and blend into the ground more realistically than before. I will send you
a package for you to add to your game static-objects folder.
This will automatically change all your models skins which you use on ALL your maps  :)

As for the antenna, there are already nice static antenna models which were released many years ago for
a Battle-of-Britain map. I can also send them to you if you do not have these models.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2016, 10:40:51 AM »

Then I guess credit for the trenches goes to you, Max.  I just copied them from Belly's Dien Bien Phu campaign which was made on the Manchuria map.  I look forward to seeing the new trenches.

As for the antenna, where is it listed in the Object list in the unlockedFMB?  I'm using vp mudpack so it should have 'em.

Anatoli

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2016, 12:34:28 PM »

Hello, CzechTexan...

You made a great job !!
I spoke to Belly yesterday, and we will fly on this map !!

Thank you again for releasing this map !

(I think we will prepare some missions very soon !!)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 27 queries.