Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Operation Váli (First mission preview)  (Read 3663 times)

Aioros

Operation Váli (First mission preview)
« on: June 24, 2016, 09:50:31 PM »

Good day to all the community, since march of this year I'm working in a "what if" campaign without "what if" planes (That will come later if the real life helps) for the WAW Module using all the goods of CUP. Right now I´m working on the mission number 39 (of 50), But I wanted to share with the community the first mission of the campaign (It's also my first contribution to the il2 community ever).

Please give me your opinions and feedback (any tip of the veterans is more than welcome).

What do you need:

-A CUP installation with the WAW Module updated to part 20.

-Install he next three skin packs (they are great):

http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/download.php?view.521

http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/download.php?view.860

http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/download.php?view.863

-You can download the mission here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2xryoBVF5Bod3oyajZxVmpMOGc/view?usp=sharing

How to install (For newbies):

1-Extract the zip file to your ...IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Missions\Single\DE folder

2-Start the simulator and and then go to "Single Missions"---->Airforce (choose luftwaffe)---->Mission type (choose Operation Váli)
--->Choose the mission file called "Chateaudun".

I already did this but I encourage to all non modders who want to keep this simulator alive to make missions and campaigns, CUP is an amazing project and a great playground with a lot of objects and planes to work, for me to create missions is almost relaxing ;D... and to the modders please unite under the umbrella of CUP and Il2 1946 4.12.2, If we all unite and work hard any other version will be Irrelevant
(Except of course for the venerable 4.09 rebels who have all my respect 8) ).

Note: This mission only works With a CUP Installation, no other modpack has been tested, I´m planning to create a version of the campaign for the Vpmedia´s modpack, but that will take time, even a rewrite of some missions as I'm using the Command and Control Mod a Mod that is not present on the Vpmedia's Modpack (But Vpmedia's Modpack has some nice static objects and vehicles that the current version of CUP doesn't have  ;))

Only change is constant.

Dimlee

Re: Operation Váli (First mission preview)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 01:55:27 PM »

Interesting beginning - and quite scaring !  8)

Some enemy planes continue their runs endlessly, - may be to utilise Aimpoint of C&C?

Aioros

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 08:26:01 PM »

I'm glad that you liked it Dimlee, About the Aimpoint I'will try to implement it more in the campaign, Now I am reworking some of the early missions to add what I got with the experience, so far has been really great to work in this campaign, altough still there is a lot of work to do.

Thanks for your interest and feedback Dimlee I really appreciate it.
Only change is constant.

ol' Navy

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 01:48:44 PM »

I can't get it to work.  All I get is that snow scene when it supposedly loaded.  No briefing screen either.  Far as I know, I have done all that is required to do the mission.  Any suggestions are, and always have been, appreciated.  Thanks.

TrevL

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 03:57:57 PM »

Added to CUP version , then Vpmedia and SAS Modact (RC04) 4.12 versions after changing map and adding two new planes , then ran out of time , but all three loaded to takeoff and look impressive . Will try mission tomorrow . Many thanks and I look forward to the campaign and full set of single missions in future assuming I can convert where necessary to alternative versions . Best regards - Trev

Aioros

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 09:48:57 AM »

Hi ol' Navy and TrevL

First, thanks for showing interest in my work, it really means a lot to me as its people like you and countless others who play and mod this simulator (especially those who mod with true freedom in their souls and intentions), who motivated me to work in this campaign.

Quote from:  ol' Navy
I can't get it to work...

I'm sorry my friend I don´t know what happened as you are the only one who posted some problem regarding this mission...The final version is better anyway  :P

Quote from: TrevL
Added to CUP version , then Vpmedia and SAS Modact (RC04) 4.12 versions after changing map and adding two new planes , then ran out of time , but all three loaded to takeoff and look impressive

Thanks for your interest TrevL I´m extremely happy to see that you took the job of testing the mission in other Modpacks, of course I am going to release the missions and the campaing separately, also I am going to document, the details to let anyone Mod the Missions successfully for other packs.

Anyway for all people interested I have good news, I already finished the 54 missions of this campaign, right now I'm searching radio traffic and music to increase the immersion, I´m going to implement some radio broadcasts with specific dates of transmission (*¿How? look the link below), I'm also working on little details...just for keeping it short, the release will be very soon (I want this to be perfect  ;D 8)).

Thanks for your interest see you very soon my friends.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&file=print&kid=626&page=1
Only change is constant.

Dimlee

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 04:02:55 PM »

Looking forward to play this campaign.
Radio broadcasts with dates - great idea. Did you manage to find the source?
I recall a lot of BBC Radio transmissions at raf662.com - unfortunately this site has gone.

Aioros

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 04:24:25 PM »

Yes Dimlee I added a Couple, downloaded them from youtube and converted them to be usable on the sim and they work great! sadly there are not many radio broadcasts from the germans (I had to use the audio of Die Deutsche Wochenschau films)...Right now I am writing the readme and packaging the campaign...If you know some nice and short broadcasts from the germans or the allies from may/june 1944...Its now to let me Know.... ;D

Small spoiler: I added a message broadcasted by the BBC to the french resistance.
Only change is constant.

Dimlee

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 05:29:04 PM »

Probably not exactly what you look for, but can be of help -
https://www.mediafire.com/?081en4lb9vdg7kd
This Inflight tool was created years ago by someone (alas, can not find his name) for IL2 and posted online. I used it extensively in my online flights.
Number of wav files divided by country - see the folder you need. Mostly music.

Aioros

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 05:32:49 PM »

Thanks Dimlee If I find some nice tunes in it rest assured that I will use them, you won a place in the credits, thanks my friend.

For now I want to share one of the songs already included in the campaign.

Only change is constant.

Aioros

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 01:32:58 PM »

To all interested parts, the campaign is already posted! check the following post to get more info:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,52388.0.html

I hope all of you enjoy my work!

Only change is constant.

Dimlee

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 02:11:26 PM »

Thanks Dimlee If I find some nice tunes in it rest assured that I will use them, you won a place in the credits, thanks my friend.

Ah, actually I found the name of that guy.
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2057
So any credits should go to him.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 28 queries.