Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screenshot problem - SOLVED  (Read 5688 times)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
Re: Screenshot problem
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 05:21:33 AM »

Maybe try what Max suggested Franceco, eneable it in the config.ini and "Under setup misc setting in the gui you can set the screenshots to jpg or tga."
TBH I did not know this. :P

As for reshade..Mike, as long as it works, yes, for me SweetFX works flawless in Falcon BMS and not at all in IL-2...(also I do not need it, gapa does anything I wanted well).

ddr

• Earth is a beautiful blue globe with no borders
Re: Screenshot problem
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 09:15:54 AM »

Maybe try what Max suggested Franceco, eneable it in the config.ini and "Under setup misc setting in the gui you can set the screenshots to jpg or tga."
tried but no results
Tried it?
Did you try running your il2fb.exe in compatibility mode?
yes, I tried today, with strange results... after an all black monster tga screenshot of 36916x36964 - but only 5mb (???), now I have xp sp3 compatibility: screenshot finally ok, but IL-2 resets all graphics and wide screen... and when I change them, CTD (?)
maybe a completely new install in other folders than program file is a good solution?
thank you for help, by the way
p.s. I start il-2 so many times in this 2 days than I noticed all new spashscreen, also the xfiles one... very nice! :)

EDIT: resolution sets on conf.ini, so no more ctd changing resolution (why it appened?), but now I lost my pilots and key sets (why?? I changed only resolution!)
altrough the screenshot problem is - SOLVED -
Thank Storebror and other members for help! :)
Earth is a beautiful blue globe with no borders

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
Re: Screenshot problem - SOLVED
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 06:05:59 PM »

Maybe your files are all over the place inside your Hardrive.
It is normal if you do not do it at least once a month.

TIME to do a disc fragmentation.
Leave the pc alone and go eat lunch, while it places all your files in order.
When you come back in 1 hour, RE-START your pc and maybe all is well again.

If you are just using the VP-Modpack, everything is already prepared for you
to start flying and enjoying the game., No modding needed. It is all good to go.
BUT
if you add the game version 4.13 in it, it will cause problems.
The VP-Modpack is based on the 4.12 game version. So stick with using mods only
good for 4.12.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

ddr

• Earth is a beautiful blue globe with no borders
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 08:05:21 AM »

Thank you for tips, Max, and nice iceland girl supporter in yor avatar ;)
francesco

-ADD-
if someone have similar screenshots problem, if you have win10 with xbox app (I have it as default in my computer), you can use this program to take screenshot pressing WIN + G keys during game
hope this help :)
Earth is a beautiful blue globe with no borders

HaFu1939

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2019, 03:22:12 PM »

I used HSFX 7.03 Expert mode for a couple of years. Because of ending of development of HSFX and enormous content of BAT I decided change to BAT. I found BAT brilliant, the best of all my years with Il 2 Sturmovik. At the moment I’m using the BAT 3.5. Musketeer. My PC runs with Win 7 Home Premium. Although I tried building a mission with more than 10 thousand user-objects, the game runs perfectly.
But there is a problem, without solving them I can’t use BAT, what I find very unhappy. I can’t take any screenshot. The Screenshot folder in the root Il-2 Sturmovik 1946 folder is always empty. When using the PrintScreen key for Screenshot, the game gets stuck for a less than a second.

I tried to solve this problem with the help of max_thehitmanm i.e. change the screenshot setting to *.tga file. Without any effect. Tried all possible settings (*jpg, *tga, *jpg + *tga).

I tried also solution advised by SAS~Storebror – run the il2fb.exe in compatibility mode. Again without any effect.
My corresondong conf.ini settings now are:
ScreenshotType=1
jpgQuality=1.0

If anyone have the same problem, or better if there is a solution I can’t find, please, share your experience with me. Any advice would be a great help. I personally prefer the *jpg file type.
Thank you, sincerely
HaFu1939

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2019, 04:43:28 AM »

You have this in your conf.ini?

Code: [Select]
[HotKey game]
PrintScreen=ScreenShot
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

HaFu1939

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2019, 03:37:58 PM »

Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately I have to say I have this line in my conf.ini file. I suppose that the conf.ini in root Il-2 Sturmovik 1946 folder is the only one conf.ini and there aren’t any other conf.ini in subfolders.
So the cause of my problem is probably somewhere else.
Thank you once more,
HaFu1939

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2019, 06:39:57 AM »

Have you got a folder in your root folder called "MyScreenShots" If not create one and you´ll have them there.
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

HaFu1939

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2019, 02:54:28 PM »

No, I have in my root folder only a folder called “Screenshots”, so as is the original name of this folder since I remember (2006?). I tried to create a folder named as you advised.
And then… a wonder happened!!! I have my excellent, brilliant, beloved screenshots. Small mistake in folder name can cause such an annoying problem.
I’ve never heard or read I have to rename my screenshot folder to "MyScreenShots". And then came your advice and with it a solution.
Sir, I’m very grateful to you. You solved my painful problem. Now I’m ready to start my moving from HSFX to BAT.
Sincerely,
HaFu1939
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 24 queries.