Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tiger Moth Re-work  (Read 17489 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: Tiger Moth Re-work
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2016, 07:02:45 AM »

( Let me first say,I'm pretty sure , but not completely sure that ,after a quick look in the Quick Mission utility,this isn't the Tiger Moth included in the C.U.P. modded install , so if it isn't...) how does this pretty little thing install in C.U.P.?How do I remove the Tiger Moth that is buried somewhere in the 21 part full install  if I want to exchange this prettier Moth with the default one? Thanks! ;)

This is clearly the wrong place to post this. The enquiry is also irrelevant and out of date by now.  Its also a little facetious, there are plenty of install options, CUP is very mod friendly too.  'default one', what nonsense.  Ranwers built the original mod years ago.  The Tiger Moth has served us well and now he has got around to reworking the 3D and classfiles of his original masterpiece.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,53108.0.html

This beautiful aircraft is the easiest thing to install anywhere.  The feature with the single pilot of student and instructor is also brilliant.  She sounds very good with tiger's flybys too!

...and yes we are very grateful to have her with us in World at War and soon, The Golden Age too...

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2016, 09:36:18 AM »

MANY THANKS...

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2016, 07:45:46 AM »

MANY THANKS...

;D - That's pretty good!  ;D

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2018, 09:18:53 AM »

Flying beautifully with no obvious issues in 4.13.4. (Although it took me FAR to long to realize i had to flip that silly  "Allow 24bit user skins" switch to get the skins to show up...)   ;D

Is a template for this aircraft available? Soon, my brother will be able to fly again a bit, so I am building us a "Flying Club" dogfight style mission focused on this, and the lovely new U-2 and P-5. The 'Moth' will likely become the favorite, and a custom skin would make it even better!

Thanks in advance!
Fresco23
cogito, ergo sum armatus

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2019, 02:55:07 AM »

I just installed this in my 4.12.2 Modact 5.3 game. Makes an excellent first trainer for suitable campaigns!

I noticed the altimeter is calibrated to meters and airspeed to kmph. Given this is a British crate, I altered the cockpit class to have these gauges indicate in feet and mph.

Now, the airspeed gauge's scaling is rather 'ambitiious' ;) for a bird that has trouble much exceeding 100 mph. The entire operating speed range ends up being horribly compressed into a small zone on the dial. I should think a gauge topping out at nearer to 200 mph would be much more appropriate. I may cook up one at some point.

I plan to release my changes as a supplement to this mod...
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.