Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Aviaskins vehicle project.  (Read 33391 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: Aviaskins vehicle project.
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 04:39:09 AM »

While I wait for the altered files to upload I thought I would share some of the issues we have come across. :D

Stalker kept on telling me that there was a distortion with the armed Humvee but I did not actually understand what he was
trying to tell me, if I had looked a little closer it would have been obvious. :-[

The slope on the model was created by moving the vertices and distorting the 3D. :o

You can see the problem here on the model around the rear door and window:

This is the original body put back as it should be:

To try and fix it I added a slice to the 3D just behind the line for the door allowing me to move the rear
edge forward to create the slope without distorting the texture around the rear door:

It worked in so much as it did improve things and allowed us to use the vehicle.

Again he has mentioned a distortion on the T80 but without a texture it is hard to know where.

This shape seen here with the faces flipped was visible in game without doing that when using using a borrowed texture
but I do not know what it was intended for so have now removed it.

All models are constructed with a series of triangles and on the front plate here you can see there appears to be a
misalignment but without a texture specific to the vehicle I will not know for sure if it distorts the skin and whether
by moving the vertices I can fix it:

Anyway while it waits for a skin it does move and shoot. :D

Another issue has been with oversize vehicles. o_O

The M35 utility has been reduced but the armed version still needs to be done:

Another that needed this treatment was the YAG6_2, a fire appliance I believe, seen in the centre of this image now
at what I think are its correct dimensions:

The three above are moving and have the shadows and hit boxes applied but still require the attentions of the artist.

Take care.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.  ;D

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 10:21:43 AM »

Ok guys I will take a look at the files on monday, because I will be working for the next 2 days and
will not have time for photoshop. I work nights and sleep during the day - its a vampire job  :P

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2016, 03:05:42 PM »

Ok guys I will take a look at the files on monday, because I will be working for the next 2 days and
will not have time for photoshop. I work nights and sleep during the day - its a vampire job  :P

Hello Max, I am currently adding a further three vehicles, two are already in the game but usually each 3D artists adds a little something different so we are looking at them all so there will I am sure be something I think you will like in there.  ;)

Most of them already have a map for you guys to build your skins from, but some do not, no worries though as I can make you something using the Stainless programme.

Usual way of working is I leave the painting to Stalker, once I get a skin from him I make things move, shoot and blow up. :D

Take care.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 10:38:23 AM »

Hello guys, well the T80 did have some serious distortions. :o

Here we see the front with the skin applied:

This needed a couple of faces adding and some movement of the vertices to get a better look:

And the wheels on one side showed up a similar issue:

With the wheels I cloned the vehicle and deleted all but the outer wheels from the clone and then the distorted parts from
the original and attached the two separate items:

Maybe not perfect but now working in game:

Today's work concentrates on getting the BMP2 in game in land and sea versions:

Three extra vehicles have also been added:

The BTR 152 and M113 are already in the game so we will only proceed with these if they are sufficiently different in
their 3D from the existing vehicles but the Austin armoured car I think will certainly go ahead.

stalker

• overbearing
  • indecisive
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 11:33:47 AM »

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 11:54:43 AM »

WOW  o_O Its BIG

It is the Lebedenko TSAR Tank  !

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2016, 02:14:57 AM »

Hello guys, here is a progress report. ;)

The BMP2 is now in working order:

Just waiting for the attentions of the texture artist.

The Lebdenko or beast as I call it is coming along but has had a few issues some of which I cannot find a solution for.  :(

There was a mismatch of certain areas, the arms supporting the wheels and the rear rollers that I did manage to rectify:

Unfortunately there is a shadow issue I am completely baffled by, the static is okay but the moving vehicle displays
a solid shadow and both are the same mesh and textures. o_O

Here you see the difference:

I found a way that is somewhat of a compromise in that if I removed these squares in the mesh:

I was left with this that does not show the spokes:

I will include both meshes in the upload so you can make a choice if no better solution is found.

The gun was the next issue in that if I tried it in the proper position all it did was fire out to that side so I removed the gun
and turret and rotated it:

The downside is that it can rotate into the structure of the body and fire through it :o

The existing turret is left in position here and it is a second one that is actually moving and firing.

I tried to get two guns functioning by looking at the T-35 in game that supposedly has multiple turrets but hey mine
does not work in game and just stands there doing nothing. o_O

Some investigation and much head scratching revealed that if you remove the entries Gun_2, 3 and 4 from the technics file
for the T35 the tank would then move and shoot but sadly no sign of any second gun firing.

I used Gun and Gun_1 for the beast but alas no second gun firing but if you swapped the entries in the hier you could have the
gun fire from one side or the other, trouble was one turret would move but the gun at the other side would fire. :D

One issue with having the two guns listed in the technics was that my Lebedenko set as artillery could be placed on a map
but once the game started it would disappear, WTF. :P

Eventually I settled on the one gun, one entry.

The end of a beast:

From what I read it seems the Lebedenko was only ever used once and got stuck and was left there until 1923 when
it was finally dismantled for scrap.

Take care.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 10:21:36 AM »

Fantastic improvements and progress! I like your style  8) You are very good at 3d-modeling art.

Personally, I am just happy to have them as static vehicles for landscape scenes.
They do not need to be moving at all.
Makes for good target practice when I fly by.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 11:33:52 AM »

Fantastic improvements and progress! I like your style  8) You are very good at 3d-modeling art.

Glad you like things so far Max, however, credit for the 3D goes to Dima who made these amazing vehicles, I just
tweaked a few issues they had and got them moving. ;)

Take care.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2016, 11:46:13 AM »

Yes indeed, you are very correct.
My big and enthusiastic applause for all the great mod artists from Aviaskins.
Dima, Molva and so many other cool artists!
They have created some very wonderful mods and models over the years.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2016, 01:15:30 PM »

Unfortunately there is a shadow issue I am completely baffled by, the static is okay but the moving vehicle displays
a solid shadow and both are the same mesh and textures. o_O

I know the same shadow problem, Mission_bug.

Those are my wonder.... not sure.
The shadows of moving objects or stationary objects are rendered by their shadow meshes of each LOD's "Sh" sections.
But static objects (buildings and houses) are different. Their shadows are rendered only with having "Sh" sections in their msh files, but those "Sh" sections are not used for rendering. The shadows are rendered by their main visual mesh.
Your problem might come from it.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2016, 03:25:58 PM »

I know the same shadow problem, Mission_bug.

Those are my wonder.... not sure.
The shadows of moving objects or stationary objects are rendered by their shadow meshes of each LOD's "Sh" sections.
But static objects (buildings and houses) are different. Their shadows are rendered only with having "Sh" sections in their msh files, but those "Sh" sections are not used for rendering. The shadows are rendered by their main visual mesh.
Your problem might come from it.

Hello western0221, all the vehicles so far only have the SH section, they do not each have any LODs so that could indeed be the problem, thank you very much. ;)

My task basically was to get these all into the game but as with all my projects they could do with more attention to detail, if only I had the time or there were a few of us to do all the work, maybe one day they will get the attention they need to complete them properly.

I should really work more methodically and take the time to do the objects complete as they should be but I feel I would then never get anything done.

Take care.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 27 queries.