Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Aviaskins vehicle project.  (Read 33393 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: Aviaskins vehicle project.
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 03:12:32 PM »

Hello guys, just a few images of progress so far. ;D

BRDM_2WAT is the amphibious version of the existing vehicle:

Here the stationary ship version pounds the shore:

It really is sad that the game does not allow these vehicles to come ashore and continue up the beachhead but I added
them anyway because I am sure they will prove useful as they are.

Each of the GAZ types now have their own slot:

And stationary:

The MS_1/T_18 now has the dead version to go with the existing static already added:

These are currently being tested and one or two glitches were found but hopefully soon they can be cut out of the
larger pack we are using for development and posted here.

Take care.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

stalker

• overbearing
  • indecisive
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 11:14:08 PM »

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 10:13:08 AM »

Hello guys, work has continued on this but due to a issue uploading I have not been able to post a update into the
release thread as yet but here are a few additions you will have when I do. ;)

The Gogol has now had hooks added from one of Gio's boats so looks a little more the part. :o

There is still much to do on it but for now it will have to do as I know nothing about adding ships to the game so
what you will use is a very simplified model but it does do some things you would expect:

The vessel has one overall shadow but I think it should be broken down into various parts each with its own shadow
and damage effects, that is for another time though.

There are now two Humvee vehicles added, one the standard utility and one armed:

The static objects in various guises:

I am hoping to cut everything out from the WIP pack that is now working and post a update in the release thread
sometime today all being well.

Take care.

stalker

• overbearing
  • indecisive
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 10:33:43 AM »

Hello guys, work has continued on this but due to a issue uploading I have not been able to post a update into the
release thread as yet but here are a few additions you will have when I do. ;)

The Gogol has now had hooks added from one of Gio's boats so looks a little more the part. :o

NO QUOTE PICS !

There is still much to do on it but for now it will have to do as I know nothing about adding ships to the game so
what you will use is a very simplified model but it does do some things you would expect:

NO QUOTE PICS !

The vessel has one overall shadow but I think it should be broken down into various parts each with its own shadow
and damage effects, that is for another time though.

There are now two Humvee vehicles added, one the standard utility and one armed:

NO QUOTE PICS !

The static objects in various guises:

NO QUOTE PICS !

I am hoping to cut everything out from the WIP pack that is now working and post a update in the release thread
sometime today all being well.

Take care.

you turn off the alpha channel for the ship.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 12:30:50 PM »

There is a new Humvee Jeep?
Very good. I did not see these before. It looks excellent!

If there is a tank M1-Abrams in the making, this could start a new fashion of making Middle East maps
 for "Desert Storm" flying action. We already have the jets for it and many armored vehicles.
I must figure out a way to paint our human model-skins to look like terrorists for that.

At the moment I am still figuring a way to paint properly some Sahara desert Arabs to be
used on our WW2 desert maps. The city of Tobruk looks very empty without some nice Arab people walking around.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 12:47:52 PM »

you turn off the alpha channel for the ship.

I have had some strange effects in one of my installs, that might explain it, how would I be able to turn it off and more
importantly turn it on again?   o_O

If there is a tank M1-Abrams in the making, this could start a new fashion of making Middle East maps
 for "Desert Storm" flying action.

Yes Max there is a M1 Abrams in the works. ;)

Take care.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 04:51:30 PM »

What I think he means is, the normal ship skin has no Alpha Channel , or can be used with no alpha-channel layer.
-- just the normal skin.
But when "damaged or hit", the Dead (or damaged) skin can have an alpha Channel to show the
destruction hole parts. Alpha-channels is always an extra option, sometimes not needed.

If the dead (or damaged) model skin is well painted, there is no need for an Alpha-channel because
even dead-skins can look good as they are with no holes in them.
I have painted many skins with no alpha-channels, because the skin used on the dead models do look
nice on the 3d-model so it can be used as is on the maps.

For example, remember when I did those skyscrapers a few months ago?
They never had a damaged 3d-model version done for them. No 3d-model for the skyscrapers has been done yet.
So, I will paint for them a new destroyed skyscraper skin but without alpha-channels. They will just
look destroyed and burned but not have any holes in them. They will still look good also.
 Alpha-channels is always an extra option, sometimes not needed.
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

stalker

• overbearing
  • indecisive
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 06:56:17 PM »

on Gogol lifelines are made using the alpha channel. Dima, saving landfill did such a thing in all models. therefore, the inclusion of an alpha channel is a must.
Max, if you wish, you can help us with skins. I just do not have time to do everything. I have to do templayt on Tiger Moth and GIO will soon give a new job.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 12:29:37 AM »

Hello guys, not sure what happened with the ship but I have replaced the images in the post with new ones from the same scene recreated in my install today just so the viewers can see what the ship should look like. ;)

I am aware of what the alpha channel does, the question I posed for both of you is what could I have done to stop it showing as it did in those previous images?

The skins are unaltered by me, I use them as they are sent to me by Stalker but I still have a issue with one of the two Gogol static objects in my install.

This is a image of it:

The ship is very basic in that it does not have all the lods and damage parts as you would normally get but even so the
skin should show as it was intended to.

Max, if you wish, you can help us with skins. I just do not have time to do everything. I have to do templayt on Tiger Moth and GIO will soon give a new job.

When I sent the WIP pack to you I included all the objects with a slot and included the java sources so that you could send it on to anyone who wanted to work on it, here or at AviaSkins, work on this pack was started at your request so if you do not have the time to work on it then please send it on to someone who does. ;)

I can send the same link to Max if you like but he has to accept it is a WIP and some of the objects in there still need a lot of work to make them fully functioning and some if used can cause issues in their install because things like turrets etc. are not yet implemented.

Take care guys.

stalker

• overbearing
  • indecisive
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 02:06:22 AM »

I continue to work. only if Max will help, the work will go faster. All that to say.

stalker

• overbearing
  • indecisive
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 02:16:55 AM »

Gogol with an alpha channel
https://yadi.sk/d/RueBcHNQscCMz
templates Hammer and GAZ-69
https://yadi.sk/d/-l8dBt4Usn829

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 03:05:32 AM »

I continue to work. only if Max will help, the work will go faster. All that to say.

As do I my friend, so many projects with too few of us to bring them to completion, but onward we go. ;)

I would also be very happy for Max to join the work if he has the time. 8)

Thank you very much for the links. 8)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 27 queries.