Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Aviaskins vehicle project.  (Read 33442 times)

<Gunny>

Re: Aviaskins vehicle project.
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2018, 08:01:46 PM »

Pete you do great work --So Thank You. Oh   don't forget the BEER cooler.  :)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2018, 12:27:14 PM »

Oh   don't forget the BEER cooler.  :)

No drinking on duty <Gunny>. :D

Added a hose reel each side:

Just want to add a bell now and then I think I can call it done. ;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2018, 03:10:04 PM »

Looks great Pete, it will add impressively to immersion! Many thanks for your continuing contribution to our pleasure,  8)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2018, 12:44:24 AM »

Looks great Pete, it will add impressively to immersion! Many thanks for your continuing contribution to our pleasure,  8)

Glad you like it Costas, thank you very much, really appreciated. 8)

Here is the final part, the bell:

I now need to work on the damage model and all should be ready. ;)

I have tried with all these models to stay true to the original authors work changing only what was necessary, damaged
areas and flipping faces to allow certain areas to show, this vehicle is the same with only minor additions to the cab to
add the controls.  The additions I have made use the hier to add them, that way you guys can remove what you
might not like.

My 3D work hopefully enhances things and was made using some of these images that I was sent in the original download:

One of many showing a scale model:

A preserved example:

Historical photograph:

There were no images of the specific vehicle of the model so my additions turn it into a sort of hybrid
of the types I had some references for, it would have been good to have images of the truck that
is actually modeled so it could be a exact representation, however, try as I might I could not find
any further material to use as a reference so it is what you see.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2018, 07:39:02 AM »

Damage model. ;)

Needs a proper paint job, that is next:

The cab and body use alpha channel to remove sections, the cab has a texture I found online for burnt wood and with
one for burnt paint it should start to look okay I hope.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2018, 06:10:20 PM »

Hi, Mission_bug !

New coming rescue tools look very good, highly detailed.
Wonderful job !
I gave up to make my fire engine models to such high levels.

In comparing new rudder and hose reel models , the base truck model (screenshots in reply 46) looks not balanced , I'm afraid.
Rescue tools' detail level is much over IL-2 1946 stock ver4.13.4m models ..... 2018 mod quality  ;D . I welcome so better models born.
In the other side, the base truck model's detail looks equal to stock models of IL-2 1946 ver4.07m time ..... a bit better than 1st IL-2 Strumovik ~ Forgotten Battles' time vehicle models (like M3 Halftrack, ZiS-5). Only comparing old stock models, having enough quality.
I want to say so ..... mismatching between well detailed rescue tools model and not so rich detailed base truck model.
You might use not short time to make current models ..... deciding to finalize in what style and when is your task .....
I wish that the base truck model will be retouch into similar detailed level of new rescue tools. In example, The head light uses 12x tangle cylinder instead of current 5x tangle one, The tire uses 16x tangle cylinder with curved shoulders instead of current 8x tangle one, each wheel arches also .....
When you'll try so , current model will not become waste. You can use current models as LOD1 - LOD2 models shown in more far than 100m or 400m.

Cheers !!

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2018, 11:27:08 AM »

Hello western0221, good to know you like the changes. 8)

Unless I build a completely new model I am forced to just add the changes already done to the existing model using the hier as mentioned previously, in that way I only alter the model where necessary to fix any issues and it allows the user to delete my items if they want to bring it back to the original version.

The original author is not available to consult on changes to his model so I try and only do what is absolutely necessary without altering the existing model, flipping faces in this case and I cloned the wheel arches/mudguards to give them a second internal face. 

Using the hier to add parts allows me to go beyond the polygon count for a particular model and at the same time create a few new items for the game that could be used on other vehicles

I could do new headlights and wheels and add them again using the hier, if I make them slightly larger and place them over the existing detail, that would I think go some way to creating the effect you want.

The intention was originally only to get the vehicles moving in game and leave other people to paint them, with the fire engine I got a little too involved, besides painting it I also decided to try and add some detail. :D

Unfortunately both of the artists who were originally going to paint them are now not working on this so I have to do what I can on my own.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2018, 03:30:51 PM »

I am trying to create the damage model so the burnt paint is in a specific area and has not engulfed the whole vehicle, however, to do that meant I needeed to move some of the mapped areas to a different area of the skin.

Trying to find what goes where and adjusting things:

This is the end product, whether the idea works or I should just make it all burnt out I am not sure yet:

Andrew (Greif11) suggests using the wheels from his Opel project, the parts originally from TOW:

The original fire engine wheels are hidden by alpha channel, looks good I think. 8)

Still a way to go yet, the vehicle is still developing and going way beyond just adding a skin. :D

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2018, 03:19:23 PM »

Hello again guys,the model is just about finished just need to add LODs. ;)

New and old headlights and radiator cap:

Finished main model:

The finished dead model:

Working in game:

The original at the back, new at the front:

The dead model is a complete object with the new wheels attached to it.

The main model has most of my detail work added with a hier and where necessary some of the original model parts
hidden by alpha channel to allow use of the new wheels.

I have now finished the actual models apart from LODs and the templates are complete, what you see is what you
get, the templates will be with the models so others can work their magic if they wish.

<Gunny>

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2018, 07:14:11 PM »

You do some very fine work Pete. Thank you for all you do.
I guess I'll just have to wait for the beer cooler... ::(

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2018, 01:42:23 AM »

You do some very fine work Pete. Thank you for all you do.
I guess I'll just have to wait for the beer cooler... ::(

Yes, sorry to say you will <Gunny>, however, there is a ladder, you will have to find your
own Firemen though. :D

<Gunny>

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2018, 06:46:47 PM »

That is great Work Pete.. Thank You
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 26 queries.