Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Halifax - Re-work  (Read 50425 times)

Gatrasz

• Supporter
  • Dead but dreaming...
Re: Halifax - Re-work
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2016, 06:30:46 AM »

how to install the new halifax in WAW. There is already a Halifax Mk III. What should I remove?
Nothing to remove, basically just adding the folder in #WAW should give you the new 3D. The 'old' Halifax mod is located in some SFS file, so you won't 'damage' it but you can't either remove it easily.

Anyway, I wouldn't do it, because there are 11 conflicting files between this new Halifax mod and WAW classfiles (maybe related to the previous Halifax mod, I did not check). It could result in loadout not working properly ; the best way would be to ask for this Halifax to be added in a future WAW update (there is already a thread dedicated to this kind of purpose) to replace the old one, probably resulting in a modified SFS file.

Ace

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2016, 08:15:27 AM »

:) Thanks Ranwers!

steven197106

• Observer
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2016, 08:16:28 AM »

Great work mate :P
i7-5820k CPU 3.30gHZ, 16 GB ram, RTX 2080 Graphic card, 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor, VKB- T-Rudders Mk.III pedals, VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick with VPC Desk Mount, VPC Extensions Set with a thrustmaster warthog grip on the stick, saitek TPM System, thrustmaster warthog throttle,

Ranwers

• SAS Team
  • FiFi
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2016, 08:27:48 AM »

Remember, that it takes considerably longer to create a mod than a pretty screen shot

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2016, 09:01:08 AM »

Thanks for this great Halifax rehaul Ranwers, a true piece of art.

Some remarks from my side:
The classes, FM etc. are made with compatibility in mind.
This mod is supposed to work on any base game version, be it 4.09m or 4.13.1m or anything inbetween.
Of course it's also supposed to work on CUP, VP Modpack, DBW, UP3, HSFX etc.
Classfile "conflicts" are not real conflicts, just as a matter of case in games like CUP where the Halifax and the regarding weapons are already present, naturally the classfiles will overlap.
Nevertheless it's safe to use the ones from this mod, they should cause no issues.

You need the SAS Common Utils to use this mod.
If you have CUP, Modact 5.x, Modact 6.x or UP3 plus Patch Pack, then you already have them by default.
For all other game versions including VP Modpack please add the SAS Common Utils to your game.
They have no issues or overlaps with anything else from any game version so it's risk-free to install them to any game you have.

At the end of the loadout options list you'll find the "old" entries from previous Halifax B.Mk.III versions for backward compatibility reasons.
They're tagged "nha" (not historically accurate), I think's it's self explaining.
Take care when using the 4lbs Incendiary loadout, especially the salvo version, when using large flights.
Each plane carrying 4lb Inc. has 1350 (!) bombs on board, so depending on your CPU/GPU combo you might exceed your PC's specs quite soon.

Some screenies:

I am the god of hellfire...

...and I bring you...

FIRE!

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2016, 09:01:44 AM »

Oh my god!!!
When Ranwers is silent you know some big surprises are coming!!!!

steven197106

• Observer
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2016, 09:21:43 AM »

i7-5820k CPU 3.30gHZ, 16 GB ram, RTX 2080 Graphic card, 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor, VKB- T-Rudders Mk.III pedals, VPC MongoosT-50 Flightstick with VPC Desk Mount, VPC Extensions Set with a thrustmaster warthog grip on the stick, saitek TPM System, thrustmaster warthog throttle,

Ranwers

• SAS Team
  • FiFi
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2016, 10:00:49 AM »

That's ok !
Thanks Steven :)
Remember, that it takes considerably longer to create a mod than a pretty screen shot

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2016, 10:19:03 AM »

Tartenmuche... I did exactly what Gastrasz said before... just put the plane's folder in WAW, et voilĂ  !

Of course, I did not take the time to test every loadouts, but I flew it for a while, and it was working fine.

LuseKofte

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2016, 12:32:09 PM »

Well there I got a new reason for dusting off my IL 2 install, many thanks Ranwers , I am very grateful

dsawan

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2016, 12:50:12 PM »

Hi, I put it in sas modact 5.30 4.12 and it does not show up. Just starts at ground level with no pit or movement and no model whatsoever. I have common utils in there. Is there another file we need?

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2016, 01:38:35 PM »

Wow! I'll create my own JSGME install into my CUP and wait for #WAW21 ?? Fantastic work Ranwers
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 23 queries.