Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: CUP-WAW#20 Compatibility Mod for DCG (by Moezilla and sniperton)  (Read 14786 times)

vegetarian

Re: CUP-WAW#20 Compatibility Mod for DCG (by Moezilla and sniperton)
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 08:32:56 AM »

Quick question - does this mod replace the DCG Files Updated for #WAW 19 mod byJG7_X_Man?

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 10:09:19 AM »

This mod was designed to be used primarily (but not exclusively) in conjunction with sniperton’s Data Integrity Tool for DCG, which is released separately (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,51325.0.html) and which makes full use of the new weapons.properties file, also enabling you to import data from it to DCG.

I think if you use this mod and sniperton's DIT together then you will have what you need to update X_Man's files to full WAW#20 compatibility.

vegetarian

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 02:06:05 AM »

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go.

Cheers

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 01:08:16 PM »

This mod was designed to be used primarily (but not exclusively) in conjunction with sniperton’s Data Integrity Tool for DCG, which is released separately (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,51325.0.html) and which makes full use of the new weapons.properties file, also enabling you to import data from it to DCG.

I think if you use this mod and sniperton's DIT together then you will have what you need to update X_Man's files to full WAW#20 compatibility.

What he said :D

If you start with my files - your work load would be significantly lighter than if you were to start with the original DCG files in the datafolder.

sniperton

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 04:02:33 PM »

BTW, Man, I don't want to put pressure on you, but you might consider updating your WAW files for the benefit of us all  ;D ;)
I know you have been primarily busy with campaign editing in the past weeks, but I'm sure you're much ahead of all of us regarding air units editing, aren't you?  :D Just let the children get some new toy  8)

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2016, 09:15:34 AM »

BTW, Man, I don't want to put pressure on you, but you might consider updating your WAW files for the benefit of us all  ;D ;)
I know you have been primarily busy with campaign editing in the past weeks, but I'm sure you're much ahead of all of us regarding air units editing, aren't you?  :D Just let the children get some new toy  8)

Ummmm considering all the work you put into DIT - Why the hell not! :)

I have been dealing with an accounting system conversion at work - so been working evenings and weekends to fund my hobby LOL so I need to find out where I left off. I found some DCG didn't link some aircraft (...some versions of the DC-3) and some new ground units too. I was eyeing my next project Afrika Air Korps JG27 and JG2 (...I like unit based campaigns) when I found out some new units don't work well in DCG as well. I need to complie a list to share with Paul - I don't want to piece meal the questions/tasks I have for him :) don't want to scare him away.

I don't mind sharing my class/payload/allpayload files but I had to manually fix and issue with the Consolidted Librator GRV and the Spitfire Vb Trop '41

sniperton

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 05:55:59 PM »

I just asked it for economy reasons, WAW is so big, that thousands of clicks are required to make it usable for DCG, and you must be ahead of us with hundreds of clicks, so why not update the huge work you've once made manually? We DCG-geeks are a super-small community, so it's not something like publishing the dead sea scrolls with commentaries  :D

Not because you owe to me for DIT or Moe for his mod, but just for fun. Take it easy, Man, and do what you see best  ;D

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 03:24:55 PM »

Hey sniperton - In doing some test over the weekend I made a great find.

GilB57's WESTFRONT 39-45 Maps are ~530 sq. km and by setting the front to 5000 km I finally received an intercept mission for Bf 109F-2 from St. Omer intercepting Blenheim IVs out of RAF Martlesham Heath - Target: Colonge!!!.

I had to manually change the max range of the aircraft to 1000 km. Paul had said this too: There is a correlation with DCG generating all possible missions based on the relationship b/w Aircraft Range, Map Size, Action Radius and long distance intercept payload missions possible.

With these setting - having a 3rd party campaign alone will not make these bigger maps/campaign work.

I am now setting my sights on long range Jabo missions with the Fw 190Fs and Gs.   

sniperton

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 04:11:02 PM »

Not sure what you want to tell me  :-[

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 06:11:37 PM »

Not sure what you want to tell me  :-[

Nope :) I started to but remembered you fixed the issue I was going to mention with v0.26

sniperton

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2016, 02:08:20 AM »

The next thing you may want to mention is that it would be handy if DIT auto-generated the squadids file too. Code written, and will be included in 0.27.  ;)

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2016, 07:15:01 AM »

...OK now you are just showing off (....but I like it!) :)

I updated to v0.26 last night so I am tweaking ranges and loadouts. I haven't seen hurricanes on any Rhubarbs and Typhoons yet while testing my Channel Map so I still have work to do. Once I get done - I will post. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 24 queries.