Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Data Integrity Tool for DCG v0.26 (hotfix)  (Read 22985 times)

sniperton

Re: Data Integrity Tool for DCG v0.26 (hotfix)
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2019, 04:03:29 PM »

Thing is that DCG is a hack on the stock game, BAT is a mod, and making a hack work on a mod is not for the fainthearted. This is the base problem  ;)
DIT can only automate the process if you're otherwise very clear about how DCG works. Now add that I made it more than 2 years ago for CUP, and since then I haven't even tested it on newer versions that might introduce changes with no respect to DCG compatibility.
Anyway, my advice is to add just one plane manually to get the hang of custom campaign creation. If you succeed, you can add more, this time using DIT to speed up the process. It's not the Holy Grail, just an outdated tool to reduce the handwork.

I/JG7_Momo

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2019, 09:17:29 AM »

As soon as i start the tool and hit "Reload previous session i get this error message: >> "" is an invalid integer. Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption. Press Cancel to kill the programm. <<

everything went correct last time i used it.

Reextracting and setting up the same tool again doesnt help.

What can i do? I really dont want to start from scratch again. I already verified about 200 Plane from BAT.

sniperton

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2019, 10:58:02 AM »

Sounds like a system error message. I guess DIT crashes because it doesn't find some of files specified on the "Config" tab.

Please check for the existence (and correct path) of those files first.

As to your previous work, go to your DCG directory (as specified on the Config tab) and look for the "\DIT" folder. It should contain the three *.dcg files that you (hopefully) saved after your last DIT session.

DCG also creates auto-saves every minute. Those files (*.dcg) can be found in the folder where you installed DIT. Hopefully you didn't delete them when you reinstalled DIT.

I/JG7_Momo

« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2019, 09:46:05 AM »

Okay i was not aware of the \DIT folder in my DCG directory, i thought i should point the conf-paths to the /Data folder.
I always save these 3 .dcg files of the DIT directory when im finished for one session, so i was able to paste them into the DIT/DCG directory and load the pre-previous session.
What about the 3 .dcg files in my DIT directory? Are these autosaves?

I noticed a bug while validing planes. Sometimes the toggle-buttons for "Side" and "Plane-type" disappear. When i try to continue then, i will get an error message and have to kill the programm. But when i press escape instead of continuing, save the session and restart the programm, its working again. Idk why this is happening sometimes.

sniperton

« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2019, 10:39:38 AM »

Okay i was not aware of the \DIT folder in my DCG directory, i thought i should point the conf-paths to the /Data folder.
I always save these 3 .dcg files of the DIT directory when im finished for one session, so i was able to paste them into the DIT/DCG directory and load the pre-previous session.
What about the 3 .dcg files in my DIT directory? Are these autosaves?

Yep, it's a bit perplexing. My bad.

The "config" tab is meant to define your data input files, that is, the DCG\Data\*.dcg files (just as you used them).

The DCG\DIT folder is your output folder: here you find the approved results of your editing work. Once content with them, you may want to copy them to the DCG\Data folder (so that DCG can actually use them)

The 3 files in your DIT directory are indeed autosaves: they are refreshed every 60secs to ensure that you don't lose data if something gets f....d up.

I noticed a bug while validing planes. Sometimes the toggle-buttons for "Side" and "Plane-type" disappear. When i try to continue then, i will get an error message and have to kill the programm. But when i press escape instead of continuing, save the session and restart the programm, its working again. Idk why this is happening sometimes.

Sorry about this. What OS do you have? (DIT was made on 32bit Win7 4 years ago).

I/JG7_Momo

« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2019, 04:48:15 AM »

Quote from: sniperton

What OS do you have? (DIT was made on 32bit Win7 4 years ago).

Im running Win10 64bit

Will there be an update for the "planeset" feature?
Or is the progress freezed?

Great work by the way. Its still timeconsuming but 10x faster than before.

sniperton

« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2019, 07:14:24 AM »

Frankly, back then when I made this tool for myself I didn't expect it would be in use after so much time.

Since then I moved to a new rig, new OS (64bit Win10 here as well), I don't even know where I have put the source files. Now I fly BoX in my limited flight time, and haven't run DCG for years.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 24 queries.