Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Data Integrity Tool for DCG v0.26 (hotfix)  (Read 22982 times)

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
Re: Data Integrity Tool for DCG v0.22 public beta
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 06:10:57 PM »

sniperton - is there away to add the ability to "save" the current data I am working with as is (i.e. ask to copy and paste the current "DIT" folder before I close). So that when I make a mistake and "build from scratch" the application does not overwrite my previous allpayloads, class and payloads files.

sniperton

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 06:43:50 PM »

This is why it's beta. What's about this:
- autosave at regular intervals to temp files in working directory (not DCG\DIT);
- final autosave on exit to temp files in working directory (not DCG\DIT);
[this way the full session is automatically saved]
+ user input to finalize temp files as DCG\DIT
[this way you can choose whether the changes you made are meant seriously; if you respond with "no", you still have the last session (as temp files), but your working files remain intact]

Workaround till then: before you exit, tab out and copy your exported DCG files to another location.

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 08:28:03 PM »

Sounds good! :)

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 09:18:54 PM »

Hey sniperton - When Germany is selected, the aircraft doesn't automatically switch to Axis. It works with Japan and Italy - is there a way to correct this?

sniperton

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 03:04:44 AM »

It works with Japan and Italy - is there a way to correct this?

I wonder how its does, as I haven't hardcoded nations as axis or allies.  8)

Sure it could be done, but you would lose the option to define Italy as allied or France as axis. I have to ask Lo how exactly DCG is handling countries and what are the chances to have e.g. a Forgotten Countries support. Anyway, added to "to-do" list.

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 04:42:42 PM »

It works with Japan and Italy - is there a way to correct this?

I wonder how its does, as I haven't hardcoded nations as axis or allies.  8)

Sure it could be done, but you would lose the option to define Italy as allied or France as axis. I have to ask Lo how exactly DCG is handling countries and what are the chances to have e.g. a Forgotten Countries support. Anyway, added to "to-do" list.

This isn't that important - in the grand scheme of things - this can be way down on your "nice to have" list :)

sniperton

Re: Data Integrity Tool for DCG v0.23 public beta
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 04:39:17 PM »

* updated *

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 07:11:06 PM »

Loving it!

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 07:15:35 PM »

Question sniperton - Since Lo said that the 1st 3 weapon slots cannot be (Y) can the "Quick Assign" check for that every time you open it and automatically insert A,B or (X) were appropriate (...at random even)? A way to protect us (...OK me) from ourselves? Or is that asking too much since this is a labor of love an all :)

sniperton

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 05:09:05 AM »

DIT is fool-proof to 50%. It's also made for me  ;)

1) You can't do anything wrong when you assign loadouts manually (drag and drop);
2) You can't do anything wrong when you assign loadouts using the new 'quick assign' function;
3) You can't do anything wrong when DIT auto-assigns loadouts on startup.

They are all made according to Lo's rules, that is, working from scratch is safe. (Or at least I believe so; notify me if you find a bug.)

DIT is not fool-proof in two respects:

1) It cannot prevent you from prefixing a torpedo with "B" or a droptank with "A";
2) It doesn't check or override loadout assignment info imported from a former DCG database. It works just the other way round: first it auto-assigns loadouts based on game data and the prefixes taken from allpayloads, and then overrides them with slot assigments if available (taken from payloads).

When doing so, it does check whether the given loadout is really available in the game database, but it doesn't check whether it is also available for that particular plane, or whether it is really a valid loadout option for that slot (according to Paul's rules). It was not supposed that the user works with a manually messed up DCG database.  ;D

What I can do fast and with relative ease is to implement a startup option to the effect that former slot assigments (payloads data with all the good and wrong editings) are disregarded and everything is auto-assigned according to plane type (as 'quick assign' does); for planes whose type is not set the general scheme would be used: A(X), B(X), B(X), T(B,Y), A(Y), D(Y) (as is done now on startup).

Another option is that on startup I check slots 1 to 3 for 'none' and auto-replace them with 'default', then I check slot 6 for 'default' and auto-replace it with 'none'. Sorting out fatally wrong assigments such as B,T,A,D,B,T would be too much a work for now.

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 07:54:06 AM »

Bingo! I like your alternate option of "...checking slots 1 to 3 for 'none' and auto-replace them with 'default'" - Perfect!

sniperton

Re: Data Integrity Tool for DCG v0.24 (beta)
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 02:34:22 PM »

* updated *
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 26 queries.