Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Data Integrity Tool for DCG v0.26 (hotfix)  (Read 22914 times)

sniperton

Data Integrity Tool for DCG v0.26 (hotfix)
« on: May 11, 2016, 05:16:01 PM »

Il2 Data Integrity Tool for DCG (by sniperton)

v0.22 (first release as public beta)

v0.26 (hotfix)

Changelog v0.26
--- maximum range is now 1000km (was 600 before);
--- fixed a bug causing DIT to crash when the user tries to set a value while no plane is selected;
--- fixed a bug causing a pink plane issue (new weapons files for 4.12, 4.13.1 and HSFX; a hotfix for WAW#20 will follow soon)

Changelog v0.25
--- as from 3.49beta4, DCG's class file format changed to enable flight altitudes greater than 9999m; DIT now supports both the old and the new format (you don't have to bother about the input format);
--- an option 'Export Class.Dcg in new format' was added; users of DCG 3.49beta4 and beyond are requested to check this option (the option is saved in DIT's config file so that it has to be set only once);
--- if the option is not checked, Class.Dcg will be exported according to the old format and flight altitudes greater than 9950m will be automatically reset to that value on export;
--- default (X) and none (Y) loadouts cannot be redefined (and messed up) by the user any more;
--- VP MOD is fully supported now (see below);

Changelog v0.24
--- initial auto-assigment of loadouts is made specific for each plane type; if the type is not set, a generic scheme is used;
     generic:    A(X), B(X), B(X), T(B,Y), A(X), D(Y)  (any available loadout)
     fighter:      A(X), B(X), X, T(B,Y), A(X), D(Y)      (any except level bombing)
     bomber:    X, B(X), B(X), T(B,Y), Y, Y                (any except aerial attack)
     transport:  X, X, B(X), Y, Y, Y                            (only paradrop/level bombing)
     attack:      X, B(X), X, T(B,Y), Y, Y                     (only ground and see attack)
     recon:       X, X, X, Y, Y, Y                                 (nothing)
     float:         X, X, X, T(B,Y), Y, Y                         (only sea attack)
     dive:         X, B(X), X, B(Y), Y, Y                        (only ground and see attack)
--- option 'disregard payloads.dcg' added to the Config tab: by checking this, all loadouts will be auto-assigned, even those which normally would be imported from the DCG payload file (this can be handy when you have a manually messed-up DCG database and want to make sure it complies to DCG’s conventions; otherwise stay away from this option);
--- data import made more fool-proof: inappropriate uses of the 'none' and 'default' loadouts are automatically corrected according to DCG's conventions;
--- a bug with ’Quick assign’ fixed (unchecking the option had no effect before);
--- aircraft lists are now sorted alphabetically;

Changelog v0.23
--- autosave in every minute to DIT's working directory (where you installed it);
--- on exit you're asked if your auto-saved session files should overwrite your permanent DCG export files (which are to be loaded next time);
--- when a country is selected, the aircraft now automatically switches to axis/allied (changing sides or adding extra countries is unfortunately unsupported by DCG);
--- when a plane type is selected (and the 'Quick assign' checkbox is checked), proper loadouts are automatically assigned to the aircraft;
--- now it suffices to only select a country and a plane type for an aircraft to be 'verified' for DCG;
--- after 'verifying' a plane, the cursor jumps to the next item in the list instead of disappearing;
--- a horizontal slider is added to the loadout section of the aircraft editor so that long loadouts are displayed correctly;

DIT verifies DCG plane and payload data on internal game data and enables you to edit the rest in a half-automated way (auto-assigment of available loadouts, etc). The basic trick of DIT is that it uses plane designations and loadout assignments imported from the game.

You don't need DIT if you don't use DCG. Furthermore, DIT requires an accessible air.ini and weapons.properties, so it's best use is for modded games. Nevertheless, the base files of stock 4.12.1 and 4.13.1 are also included in this package, so that you can test DCG's vanilla database on them.

For CUP/WAW, it's strongly recommended to enable DCG compatibility mod for WAW#20 via JSGME (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,51330.0.html).
For VP MOD, it's strongly recommended to install patch #3 and to enable VPMOD_DCG_compatibility_mod_v1.0 via JSGME (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,50919.msg561040.html#msg561040); please apply this hotfix (overwrite JSGME folder, then re-enable): https://www.mediafire.com/download/vygj8c8v4nlcw7x/%23VPMod_DCG_compatibility_mod_v1.0b.zip

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/download/jt22g12vy9ufgkz/il2_dit_024.zip (previous version)
https://www.mediafire.com/download/lf3ckrijhmnohap/il2_dit_026.zip(update)

How to use:
1. Unpack to a folder of your choice and run.
2. Specify the location of a few files. For your comfort, relevant files are included for stock 4.12.1, 4.13.1, and HSFX.
3. Hit the 'Work from scratch' button.
4. Go to the 'Aircraft editor' tab.
5. To the left you find planes which are not available in your install. The reason is given below as 'Not in Air.ini' or 'Disabled in Air.ini'.
6. In the middle column there are 'verified' planes that have all the needed info and can be used in DCG without further editing.
6. To the right there are planes that you have to edit to make them usable.
7. Missing info is red. It turns to its normal colour as soon as you adjust the data properly.
8. You can set and adjust data by clicking, typing, or simply hovering the mouse over the control and scrolling up and down.
9. To assign a loadout to a plane, the loadout has to be prefixed either as 'Bomb', 'Torpedo', 'Air attack', or 'Droptank'. Select a loadout from the list and press the appropriate key (b, t, a, or d).
10. Once the loadout is prefixed, you can drag it to one of the loadout slots. There are restrictions, though. You can't drag a torpedo to the ground attack slot, for example.
11. Once the data sheet of the plane is properly filled, a green led to the bottom right lights up: now you can 'verify' the edited plane for DCG by pushing the above button with the check mark.
12. Only 'verified' planes and prefixed loadouts are exported on exit. You find your generated class.dcg, allpayloads.dcg and payloads.dcg files in the 'DIT' folder of your DCG directory.
13. The next time you run Il2_DIT, you can continue editing by choosing the 'Reload previous session' startup option.

With special thanks to Paul Lowengrin for his excellent campaign generator (http://forum.jg1.org/forum/8-lowengrins-dynamic-campaign-generators-dcg-for-il-2-cfs2/)
Further thanks to JG7_X_Man for his interest, feedback, and ideas.

Package content:
- il2_dit.exe
- readme_dit.txt
- folder [basefiles_4.12]
- folder [basefiles_4.131]
- folder [basefiles_4.12+HSFX]

Known problems (to-do list):
- Zero error checking;
- Application not properly scalable and must be run in a min 820 vertical resolution;
- Aircraft editor: upgrade and downgrade types cannot be set or changed;
- Planeset editor not implemented (will extend the functionality of the aircraft editor by enabling you search, sort, and select verified planes and by specifying upgrade and downgrade types);
- Various small glitches.

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
  • RIP
Re: Data Integrity Tool for DCG v0.22 public beta
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 05:44:37 PM »

Wonderful.  I know what I am looking at, just trying to wrap my head around it.  Amazing.

Cheers
Gubi
I am a moron.

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
  • RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 06:03:18 PM »

JG7...I've been working a long time, manually editing these files...never completed, just a bit at a time.  A quick look at the corresponding "data" files, I believe will offer the answer you are looking for, to do it manually.  There will need to be some manual work, yet, but this is a Godsend.

Thanx Snipes
Gubi
I am a moron.

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
  • RIP
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 06:29:16 PM »

So...as an example:  My DBW 1938, which is 1919-1938...Unavailable=996, understood and expected; Verified=126, yay; Available=142, wonderful.  Now to get to work.

Again,  Cheers

Gubi
I am a moron.

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
  • RIP
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 06:34:46 PM »

Excited and energized for a few hours...I think range, for me...should be 0.5 times published range, then minus...anywhere from 0.20 to 0.33, I think, for forming and farting around, to represent true range in DCG.
I am a moron.

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 07:11:02 PM »

Outstanding sniperton! Great work - waiting on 'DCG compatibility mod for WAW#20! :)

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
  • RIP
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 07:40:19 PM »

Doing ranges now...my option:  range (say1000)km x.5, x.8=true range...

Cheers
I am a moron.

sniperton

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 03:24:09 AM »

If you leave the range at zero, it will be exported as "default", and "default" range is 300 km in DCG (if Paul remembers correctly)  :)

If a value is red in DIT it means you have to adjust it for DCG to use. If a value is black (as range is) it means that you may adjust it, but it's not required for DCG to work.

If you work from scratch, the second row of values (range, altitude, speeds) comes with pre-set "default" values and will be exported as such even if you don't touch them.

For DCG to work, only the first row of values has to be set in any case (side, country, type, flyable/AI, skin folder, if none was found)

Vortex

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 07:58:51 AM »

Fantastic! This is just great! Thanks a lot!

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 08:00:46 PM »

sniperton - is there a way to assign Empty and Default weapons X and Y :) Loving this! Also - the weapon section in the aircraft editor needs a slider to see the super long weapon entries.

Issues:
The Bf 109 G2 CRP, 1943 - R1/U2: weapon string looks hosed.
The Bf109V48, 1943 R6/U1: weapon string hosed

sniperton

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 04:21:16 AM »

the weapon section in the aircraft editor needs a slider to see the super long weapon entries.

Added to to-do list

The Bf 109 G2 CRP, 1943 - R1/U2: weapon string looks hosed.
The Bf109V48, 1943 R6/U1: weapon string hosed

They are taken over from the quite messy original weapons.properties. I noticed them, but I had a strict working principle: not to do anything by hand.  :P ;)

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2016, 10:21:55 AM »

They are taken over from the quite messy original weapons.properties. I noticed them, but I had a strict working principle: not to do anything by hand.  :P ;)

I hear you brother!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 26 queries.