Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: My First Book.  (Read 7075 times)

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
Re: My First Book.
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2016, 07:02:13 AM »

Smart champs here I must say! Very interesting points, some I agree with, some I could be persuaded to agree with - with a solid argument. :)

But the one thing I can't wrap my head around and thus the main reason I have never read a single "alternate scenario" book is this: PROJECT ULTRA! The fact is that Enigma was cracked. From then on - it was a numbers game: Figuring out the maximum amount of losses the Allies could bare without letting the German suspect something was afoul.

So with that information, someone would have to go forward in time find Arnold Schwarzenegger (...send him into the future and turn him into an android 1st) then send him back in tome to take out Alan Turing's mom before he was ever born. This is getting exhausting!

But seriously - there is no way the war with Germany would have lasted past '45 with Enigma cracked. That would be a hard sell for me.

It will have to be fiction as the out come of the war has already been determined. :-|

sniperton

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2016, 07:24:08 AM »

Okay, James, I try to be pragmatic. This is your title, and this is going to be a fictitious non-fiction:

"Air Combat WWII, 1946-1947, The Alternate Years"

What really matters is what you want to tell us about those years. Tell it, and reshape history accordingly.

(Generally the foreword is written last.)

P51vsFw190

• Flying Ass Clown #5/#7
  • Supporter
  • Connoisseur of strange aircraft
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2016, 07:34:02 AM »

Thank you Sniperton!

I will do just that.
“German humor is no laughing matter”

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2016, 07:43:20 AM »

Don´t feel discouraged or upset James, you are doing ok with your writing and ideas.

This is one subject in the writing world (Novels/ Books/ Films) that has always sparked a lot of talk,
alot of controversy and above all else ALOT of "what if" ideas from everyone.
Everyone who has ever studied WW2 history and war stuff will always have their own ideas on this matter too, so it
is all very normal , an no writer should feel discouraged.
I will always suggest to any writer, to read and learn.
Absorb and take into your mind these other thoughts and ideas, they will help you become a better writer and a better story teller.
Because even though it is a fictional story, it will always need that "special" and intriguing story to capture the book reader.

I dont believe your story to be any more or less intriguing and fascinating as that film "Iron Sky", which by the way, was
co-written by many people on the internet , who shared their wild-fantasies about Nazis living on the moon and
making flying saucers!  That idea was so crazy and intriguing that it became a hit movie around the world. They are now
making a second film which will be even more crazy!
Your story is unique and it is all your own creation.

In all, it is all just good fun and you should never be discouraged. Just continue with your own version of the story and make it
fascinating.... because all people really want is an adventure.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

P51vsFw190

• Flying Ass Clown #5/#7
  • Supporter
  • Connoisseur of strange aircraft
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 07:45:56 AM »

Thanks Max......You should really be a motivational speaker, or in this case "a motivational typer".

Time to get my thoughts in order.
“German humor is no laughing matter”

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2016, 07:48:44 AM »

what max_thehitman said +1

We will always have our own ideas - just go with your gut.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2016, 07:52:58 AM »

Naaaaah  :P  I have no courage to be a stand up motivational speaker.
I just like to help my friends.

I am sure your story will be more intriguing than my film-scrip about Alien-PREDATOR hunters
fighting against the Nazis in the Alpine-redoubt at the end of WW2.  The main character being a US fighter pilot.
I am still waiting for Hollywood to make a film out of this.   :D

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2016, 08:00:24 AM »

What ifs... what if Hitler would not have been so stupid to declare war to the US after Pearl Harbor attack ?

I do not think USA would have declared war to Germany, even with the attack of Pearl Harbor... things would have been quite different ! USA would have been fighting in the Pacific only, and becoming maybe more isolationnist regarding Europe... who knows ?

With the USA out of the European Front, and even with Enigma broken, things would have been becoming much more difficult for the British. By chance, the Wehrmacht's destruction had begun in USSR at this moment ! and its attrition would maybe have been taking a little more time, but it would have been destroyed by the Russians.

Gatrasz

• Supporter
  • Dead but dreaming...
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2016, 08:02:09 AM »

I just wanted thoughts on it, but now I feel extremely discouraged.  :(

No need to feel discouraged ! ;) Just remember an important thing : people do care for realism, even in alternate history fiction (or science-fiction). Any change in the course of events has got to be motivated and questionned to avoid improbability or implausibility ; it is more difficult to keep a credible alternate history than to invent it without references and without historic constraints. But, the more accurate you are, the more you'll be convincing : "A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths:D

sniperton

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2016, 08:08:20 AM »

Max mentioned it, and I cannot resist. Enjoy:

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2016, 08:17:37 AM »

Admin edit: Please don't quote pics/vids

Wait . . . Wait a minute  :P  :D  Wrong trailer dude.
That is not the trailer for "Iron Sky" , or the "Iron Sky: Part 2".
In part one they have Nazis living on the moon and then trying to conquer Earth in UFOs and all-metal Zeppelins  :D
In part 2, They find Hitler is alive and living underground in an Antartica base, AND he has a "pet T.Rex dinosaur" ! ROFLMAO :))

sniperton

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2016, 08:19:58 AM »

Yeah, I know, it's only a joint venture, but gives you an idea how crazy it is (without disclosing the plot).
And Laibach is great as ever.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 24 queries.