Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS Modact 6.1 for IL-2 4.13.1m  (Read 54485 times)

spartan18a

• Supporter
Re: SAS Modact 6.1 for IL-2 4.13.1m
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2016, 09:48:33 AM »

In Storebror we trust!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

Bowie57

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2016, 10:03:42 AM »

Vielen Danke Storebror.

I don't have the nerve to accuse you of caring!

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2016, 01:48:32 PM »

In Storebror we trust!

:))   8)
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

stugumby

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2016, 12:29:06 PM »

Ok its in and working but i have a question about where you mentioned the HSFX eye candy, if i import those files does that give acess to the naps in hsfx, or do i need to update the maps folder etc?

Also ive noticed i now have an additional new britain map, it has (sep 43) then below it there is the (september 43 ) map, sep 43 will not load, september 43 does.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2016, 10:59:31 PM »

Ok its in and working but i have a question about where you mentioned the HSFX eye candy, if i import those files does that give acess to the naps in hsfx, or do i need to update the maps folder etc?
The map files required are inside the SFS archives, however you have to introduce them to the game by adding the regarding map to the file
Code: [Select]
#SAS/MAPMODS/MAPS/all.iniYou can find the HSFX map lines for that file in your HSFX game folder, then look for the file
Files/maps/all.iniFor the maps you want, after copying the SFS files to Modact 6 you have to copy the regarding map line(s) from that file to Modact's all.ini file, then you can try whether or not the map works.

Also ive noticed i now have an additional new britain map, it has (sep 43) then below it there is the (september 43 ) map, sep 43 will not load, september 43 does.
Yep, thanks to TD again!
The reason is that before 4.13.1 there was the maps
New-Britain_New-Guinea_Sept-43
New-Britain_New-Guinea_June-44
whereas with 4.13.1 TD introduced
New-Britain_New-Guinea_Mar-43_DT
New-Britain_New-Guinea_Sept-43_DT
New-Britain_New-Guinea_Jan-44_DT
New-Britain_New-Guinea_June-44_DT
Now one could say: "Great, they added two more New Guinea maps, what's the problem?".
The problem is that TD just cannot (or deliberately doesn't want to) create anything new without breaking all existing content.
In this particular case, the path for the map files changed as did their internal name (see the _DT) attached above.
Old map path was:
NGNB/NGNB_9-43.ini
NGNB/NGNB_6-44.ini
new is:
NGNB_DT/NGNB_3-43.ini
NGNB_DT/NGNB_9-43.ini
NGNB_DT/NGNB_1-44.ini
NGNB_DT/NGNB_6-44.ini

It becomes apparent that existing missions and campaigns for the "old" maps won't work anymore since their map declaration is missing in the new 4.13.1 "all.ini" file, so I thought I could cure it by simple re-introducing the "old" maps in parallel to the "new" ones, they don't share any files after all, so that should be no big deal.
However TD, in their constant attempt to fuck up anything they left behind, deliberately also changed files in the "old" maps path, in a way that they won't load anymore.
Trying to load the "old" maps now results in an error like this:
section [MAP2D] not found in 'maps/NGNB/NGNB_9-43.iniThank you very much TD, fucked up existing content once more for absolutely no reason.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

stugumby

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2016, 09:03:41 AM »

Hmm, in mod act 6.1 im getting lots of falling from skies etc on the new guinea maps, taxi to take off ends at collaps landing gear and all ijn falling from sky, works as it should in game stock, fixed it one mission at a time by relesecting a diff player and saving it again. but in stock it works... arrrghh in deed.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2016, 09:54:14 AM »

Let me summarize:
You have missions for the new "TD" new guinea maps that work fine in stock mode, but don't work well in Modact 6.1?
If so, could you upload such a mission for testing please?
Thanks.

Best regards - Mike

stugumby

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 01:00:03 PM »

ok i tried insert code but it says it has to many characters, so heres the link to it as it was sent to mission4today.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=5147

mission was ijn buna last convoy ver A, it should be taxi to take off instead i get all ijn either falling from air or startting with engine off.

also i checked in my still untouched no mods 413rc4 spare copy and the mission map names are the same. but in mod act i get 2 sep 43 maps, 1 named sep and the other september

i downloaded the mission as i had sent it to m4t and in sas selected i get the collapsing gear at mission start or if in ver b my plane starts on screen engine off and ai taxi to take off collpase., works fine in stock both 413 and 413.1.

stugumby

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 01:35:36 PM »

urgent message: i looked at the mission in stock and my p40m new where there in air, in mod act there are no p40m new available, i looked at the air ini and no p40M also on map in mod act enabled as i cycled through the planes i noticed what i posted before but i had a grey p40 under the trees off the play area of the map, thats when i looked for it in air ini.

also tried to load any map which loaded and insrert a p40m new, couldnt do it as there was no p40m new just the old. perhaps this is the cause of the mission collaps etc??

duffys tavern

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2016, 06:17:23 PM »

Any one come up with a CTO mod for 6.1?

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2016, 01:58:17 AM »

Please check the first page for the Hotfix 001 released to fight the issue of missing P-40M_NEW and duplicate (non-working) entries for two New Guinea/New Britain maps.
There are no plans to port the CTO mod to 4.13.1 at the moment, say "thank you" to TD for making this patch another showstopper for modders.

Best regards - Mike

stugumby

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2016, 09:16:58 AM »

updated with the hot fix, p40 problem solved, thanks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 29 queries.