Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 [184]   Go Down

Author Topic: VP Modpack  (Read 223927 times)

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
Re: VP Modpack
« Reply #2196 on: October 07, 2019, 11:16:12 PM »

You've got no one to follow, and no one will follow you. Ain't that a relief?

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2197 on: October 08, 2019, 01:53:51 AM »

Thanks, that looks like a real candidate.

All I can add is that if you got the right game version (4.12) and you can extract the 7z without any error message and after extraction theres a #SAS folder in your game directory, you're modpack should work ok.* Any major issues you encounter after that are probably related to hardware, drivers, system files, config, etc.

*There's an install guide linked in the first post, you can take a look at it and see all the important steps in detail.

Smegma

« Reply #2198 on: October 08, 2019, 07:23:24 AM »

I have checked my DEP config, and that is set correctly. I have the latest drivers, and everything else is running fine, including IL-2, updated to 4.12 using the Mega Patch. It only goes wrong after extracting the VP Mod to the folder and restarting it. It also destroys my original version of IL-2 1946 and stops that starting as well. I am going to do another install of IL-2 in another folder and experiment with it. The boot-up on my PC has slowed greatly since I installed this as well. I have checked the starup routine and the services and everything seems normal. Very odd.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2199 on: October 08, 2019, 09:28:19 AM »

Your desciptioon really fits the problem I mentioned first (Windows Games Explorer bug on Win7) because the same thing happened on my pc, neither the mod nor the stock game started and there was a rundll32 process running which created 100% processor load slowing down the whole system and only went away after shuting down the process manually or restart...and I was not playing online.

Smegma

« Reply #2200 on: October 08, 2019, 01:39:29 PM »

Vpmedia, I was monitoring my CPU usage, services, processes etc, through Task Manager and there seemed nothing untoward. Tell me, this Modpack it is replacing the original executable, yes? Now, as I mentioned in my first post, I used to always run this with the NoCd.exe from Fairlight. Does your executable make calles to the malware poison called SecuRom?
Once this Modpack has been installed, does the new .exe make calls via SecuRom for a 'getdrivetypea' routine? Does the disc need to be in the tray?

Cheers.

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Failure is not an option.
    • What goes around comes around, you'll see
« Reply #2201 on: October 08, 2019, 10:20:29 PM »

All modpacks include some kind of "NoCD" exe too.
No SecuRom with any mod.

]cheers[
Mike
You've got no one to follow, and no one will follow you. Ain't that a relief?

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #2202 on: October 09, 2019, 12:49:39 AM »

You only said that in the past you always used Fairlight's NoCD. You did not say that you replaced the il2_fb.exe during the modpack install. Problem solved. :)

sixstrings

« Reply #2203 on: October 10, 2019, 04:50:50 PM »

Just had my first scare in years ! VP modpack locked up during start up. No mouse or keyboard function. Had to enter ctrl+shift+esc to toolbar and start again from there. It hasn't happened again and all other installs operate properly.Glad it is working now as VP modpack is my favorite IL-2 '46 install bar none. Beenplaying it a long time and have never had a problem.  Regards,Scott

jeanba

• Modder
« Reply #2204 on: October 11, 2019, 11:54:10 AM »

I am using the VPModpack with pleasure, but the Avenger flight model is the "default unstable one" : is ther a correction available for this ?

JohannDaart

« Reply #2205 on: Yesterday at 04:03:10 PM »

Hi guys!
I'm new to IL and flight sims. I want to install VP over Steam version.
I already got it down to 4.12.4m.
I already made a clean copy outside of Steam folder.

1) Some people wrote that I should install SAS 4.12.4m patch anyway. Is that true?

2) Should I install Direct 2 Drive Patch too? Is it needed for VP if I have Steam version?

3) Does IL-Selector allow to use more RAM? (I have 8GB) or should I use 4GB Patch?

4) In vanilla 4.12.4m, if I set everything up in nVidia panel, then the game gets down to 20-25fps when there's lots of smoke. Is there some good settings compromise to get smooth object edges with good fps?

Thank you for VP and any advice!
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 [184]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 26 queries.