Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161   Go Down

Author Topic: VP Modpack  (Read 404228 times)

vpmedia

• SAS Team
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
Re: VP Modpack
« Reply #1872 on: June 06, 2018, 10:24:08 AM »

loading screens you should see when successful

make sure you read the install guide ;)

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,50919.msg556032.html#msg556032

wuhawuha

« Reply #1873 on: June 06, 2018, 09:24:28 PM »

loading screens you should see when successful

http://i.imgur.com/bzlZZs4.jpg

make sure you read the install guide ;)

I've seen these loading screens.
in fact i'm not from an English-speaking country, I got the information of VP mod pack on another forum and the poster told me to install this pack onto a clean copy of 4.12.2m,but you said I need SAS mega patch, is this where the problem lies? :-|

vpmedia

• SAS Team
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #1874 on: June 07, 2018, 12:30:04 AM »

if you already got a 4.12.2m game why would you need the 4.12.2 megapatch?

wuhawuha

« Reply #1875 on: June 07, 2018, 06:04:31 AM »

if you already got a 4.12.2m game why would you need the 4.12.2 megapatch?
I think I installed successfully before when I saw retextured maps a few minutes ago, but my speed bar is still old type, why?

vpmedia

• SAS Team
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #1876 on: June 07, 2018, 06:14:54 AM »

I do not remember changing anything on the speedbar. If you saw a screen with different speedbar, it was the PAL Visual Mod v9 (not included).

wuhawuha

« Reply #1877 on: June 07, 2018, 06:21:21 AM »

I do not remember changing anything on the speedbar. If you saw a screen with different speedbar, it was the PAL Visual Mod v9 (not included).
thank you very much, I thought it was included in VP pack

verde13

« Reply #1878 on: June 08, 2018, 05:23:15 AM »

Could anyone try a scenario of 4 average Spits MkI vs 4 average 109E3/4s with no side having an advantage in the Quick mission editor and report the results? I've run it at least a dozen times and the 109s are always decimating the Spitfires. In fact, I don't recall a single kill by a Spitfire.

The altitude is usually set at 3000 meters but the 109s come out on top even when set lower.

blackshark

« Reply #1879 on: June 13, 2018, 03:30:04 AM »

Last night I played an RAF campaign in Burma entitled "(Burma) Fighter Reconnaissance" flying the Hurricane IIb

I assume this campaign came with the VP Modpack and was built by VPMedia ?

It was really a great campaign and I wanted to say thanks !!  It's so nice to see all the "extras" in this pack that I hadn't previously noticed.

-jg1234

Thanks mate. I reworked a few dgen campaign including Burma, Stalingrad, Kuban, Crimea, NWEurope by increasing the number of available planes for you army and adding lots of new ground objects/targets.

You can add custom skinpacks for Burma and Stalingrad from here:
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,47146.0.html
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,46942.0.html

Hi Vpmedia, I appreciate very much your modpack (only 4.12 installation I use); before I used a semi-stock version because not expert in mods ... what i missed :-X.
Well, I have a question: I installed some new static campaigns and enjoying them (by Poltava and others), but 'till now I did not try the "already installed campaigns" because I thought they were only "stock" campaigns with stock maps etc. Now I think I need to know more about the "already installed campaigns" in the vpmodpack; are them all "vpmedia made or modified/improved" or only some of them and the rest are old "stock" campaigns ? may you tell us which are vpmedia made/modified ?

Last question: not an expert in DGEN but I have seen that in patch 3 you updated the DGEN files, so does it mean the the original Dgen/EnjoyR Dgen are overwritten to work with campaigns made/tested by you ?

vpmedia

• SAS Team
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #1880 on: June 13, 2018, 03:58:48 AM »

Hi Vpmedia, I appreciate very much your modpack (only 4.12 installation I use); before I used a semi-stock version because not expert in mods ... what i missed :-X.
Well, I have a question: I installed some new static campaigns and enjoying them (by Poltava and others), but 'till now I did not try the "already installed campaigns" because I thought they were only "stock" campaigns with stock maps etc. Now I think I need to know more about the "already installed campaigns" in the vpmodpack; are them all "vpmedia made or modified/improved" or only some of them and the rest are old "stock" campaigns ? may you tell us which are vpmedia made/modified ?
Last question: not an expert in DGEN but I have seen that in patch 3 you updated the DGEN files, so does it mean the the original Dgen/EnjoyR Dgen are overwritten to work with campaigns made/tested by you ?

Thanks a lot. When started the pack, I downloaded the EnjoyR patch 5.2 and continued that. I increased the number of available planes in every single campaign by the factor of ten. I also updated a few campaigns (Stgrad, NWeurope, Burma, Kuban, Crimea, Smolensk, etc) with new object templates via mis files.

vpmedia

• SAS Team
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #1881 on: June 13, 2018, 04:02:04 AM »

In case anyone is interested, I think this error was being caused by my virus scanner blocking the IL-2 Watchdog from running. I uninstalled everything in frustration, then noticed the alerts on the virus scanner dashboard. I might try it again at some point and whitelist the exe

That could work. Or at least worth a try imho. You should also take a look at the log.lst file.
I'd also run a chkdsk on the hd just to make sure that the file system is ok.

blackshark

« Reply #1882 on: June 13, 2018, 02:07:53 PM »

... These EnjoyR patch campaigns are a continous source of problems, if I could go back in time I would exclude them from the pack and maybe offer them as an optional expansion after some bugfixing. Btw back in april I uploaded a new dgen folder , due to the lack of feedback  I did not add it to the main downloads yet: http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,50919.msg597549.html#msg597549

thank you for answer earlier today.
I still have a question because i am going to try the "already installed campaigns"; I re-read the thread and I see that in the newest patches 3 and 4 you made changes to dgen files ... as you see in the "quote" above one year ago I installed the "new" dgen you suggested to me ... now just want to be sure I have the right DGEN, so the new patches3+4 Dgen are to be applied to the Dgen you suggested above or to other versions of it (maybe the first "original" Dgen in the pack) ?

vpmedia

• SAS Team
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #1883 on: June 13, 2018, 09:41:45 PM »

I fixed most of the problems with dgen. Install the patch from the first post, it has the latest version of dgen files.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 156 [157] 158 159 160 161   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 26 queries.