Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 187   Go Down

Author Topic: VP Modpack  (Read 244238 times)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
Re: VP Modpack
« Reply #588 on: August 30, 2016, 06:42:41 AM »

So far, really enjoying this mod! Since I'm new to 4.12 and Mod Act 5.3, I have a question. I managed to install a couple of mods by re nameing the file, and makeing sure the folder structure was correct. I simply dropped them in the #SAS folder, and they work. Do I disable a mod by simply removing from the folder, or is there another method of deactivation? Also I noticed a couple of possible glitches. First, in the single Luftwaffe missions, the first Fw190 missions (not A-8 or D-9), has a graphical glitch where the Kilometer reading on the Altimeter is "whited" out. The Hundred meter scale is there, but not the Kilometer. Also, I set up a Russian campaign. I noticed a bunch of "new" campaign choices (new in 4.12?) which were not there in 4.09. I tried one of these only to have a blank screen (no map, breifings,ect) come up. The campaigns I recognise work fine. Sorry if these are newbish, already answered questions, but like I said, I am a newbie to 4.12 and Mod Act. Any help or info is appreciated. Thanks.

To "deactivate" a mod, or make it so the game will not "read its files", you just simply place a - (minus sign) in front
of the folder... example.... -Aircraft_Fw-190_Versuchen_412
If the Mod is of an airplane, you must also remove (erase) out of the .ini files the lines that belong to that particular aircraft.

In this particular folder I have posted (as an example) there are 4 aircraft inside... Fw-190 'Versuchen' Prototypes V-13, V-18, V-29 and V-32
So you must look into the "READ ME" files which came with each airplane download and remove the lines from...
* AIR.INI *
* PLANE_RU.PROPERTIES *
* WEAPONS_RU.PROPERTIES *

You may keep the SKIN folder with the airplane name in the game, but you will not be able to use those skins stored inside, but
you can still keep them in the game with no problem.

You must also do this to any other "mod" you install... vehicles...ships...etc.etc...If you want to make it DE-ACTIVATED,
you must remove the entry lines it may have on all ini files.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for the campaign and missions, I cannot help you on this matter. Each mission or campaign is different and it is up
to the individual who created them to make them work properly. Some may be missing some things. Sometimes this happens.

As for the airplane Mod which may be missing some parts in it , or is not functioning well, I suggest to look into
the section where that airplane was first made available and look into the posts already made. That way you can
make any additional upgrades and improvements that aircraft since it was first released.
- There are always new upgrades being made when people discover a new fix for them and sometimes VPmedia may not
be aware of all the new upgrades.
So you must check on your airplanes from time to time and mod your personal game to your pleasure.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • Moravia
« Reply #589 on: August 30, 2016, 07:25:09 AM »

Flying the Mohawk IV there are no engine sounds.  :-X

I have engine sounds on it, they are just not very loud in the cockpit.
OK, yes I do have engine sounds but I guess they are not very loud.  I had my volume turned down low and plus I've had trouble hearing with one of my ears ::(  I guess the cockpit is well-insulated against sound ;)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #590 on: August 30, 2016, 11:27:46 AM »

If you want to adjust volumes go to #SAS\#00__1JiverSOUNDS_4.12\Presets\sounds\ and change the  [spl] variable for that engine which in this case is the Pratt & Whitney R-1830. I flew plenty of Wildcats recently and they sounded normal, so does the Mohawk IV.

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • Moravia
« Reply #591 on: August 30, 2016, 11:40:36 AM »

Thanks vp for the technical response.  I just think it's my bad ear ;)  so all is fine with the Mohawk.  Sorry to waste time and space here.

redwolf

« Reply #592 on: August 30, 2016, 05:25:45 PM »

Just thought I would ask if anyone has made DCG data files for VP Modpack that includes all the non-stock aircraft included in this pack?

(side note: wish VP Modpack had its own complete forum like the others do - this pack is wonderful! Thanks again vpmedia.  :) )

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #593 on: August 31, 2016, 01:43:29 AM »

Thanks vp for the technical response.  I just think it's my bad ear ;)  so all is fine with the Mohawk.  Sorry to waste time and space here.

Not a waste at all. Currently my main focus is sounds. Right now I'm testing Tigers flyby sounds with the pack, release around next week. I also replaced the Allison engine sounds with better samples by Jafa.

I forgot to mention that I'm using headphones for gaming, so my experience can be different from someone with a speaker. The problem with soundmods is that the sample come from various sources and they are not level matched.

Fish40

« Reply #594 on: August 31, 2016, 02:31:01 AM »

Trying to enable the Maps from DBW. I know I need to remove the "-" from the all.ini file. My question is how? I get warned about two files with the same name (all.ini) Do I need to remove the other all file? Unclear how to proceed. Thanks for your help.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #595 on: August 31, 2016, 02:40:18 AM »

So far, really enjoying this mod! Since I'm new to 4.12 and Mod Act 5.3, I have a question. I managed to install a couple of mods by re nameing the file, and makeing sure the folder structure was correct. I simply dropped them in the #SAS folder, and they work. Do I disable a mod by simply removing from the folder, or is there another method of deactivation? Also I noticed a couple of possible glitches. First, in the single Luftwaffe missions, the first Fw190 missions (not A-8 or D-9), has a graphical glitch where the Kilometer reading on the Altimeter is "whited" out. The Hundred meter scale is there, but not the Kilometer. Also, I set up a Russian campaign. I noticed a bunch of "new" campaign choices (new in 4.12?) which were not there in 4.09. I tried one of these only to have a blank screen (no map, breifings,ect) come up. The campaigns I recognise work fine. Sorry if these are newbish, already answered questions, but like I said, I am a newbie to 4.12 and Mod Act. Any help or info is appreciated. Thanks.

tell me which campaign and post your dgerror.log file contents please

about the Fw-190 altimeter bug, I need to know which subtype and I'd welcome a screenshot if possible ;)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #596 on: August 31, 2016, 02:42:23 AM »

Trying to enable the Maps from DBW. I know I need to remove the "-" from the all.ini file. My question is how? I get warned about two files with the same name (all.ini) Do I need to remove the other all file? Unclear how to proceed. Thanks for your help.

By default you got all.ini (reduced map set, only best maps) and you got -all.ini (full DBW set).
If you want to have the full DBW set remove old all.ini and rename -all.ini to all.ini.

Fish40

« Reply #597 on: August 31, 2016, 03:33:35 AM »

To "deactivate" a mod, or make it so the game will not "read its files", you just simply place a - (minus sign) in front
of the folder... example.... -Aircraft_Fw-190_Versuchen_412
If the Mod is of an airplane, you must also remove (erase) out of the .ini files the lines that belong to that particular aircraft.

In this particular folder I have posted (as an example) there are 4 aircraft inside... Fw-190 'Versuchen' Prototypes V-13, V-18, V-29 and V-32
So you must look into the "READ ME" files which came with each airplane download and remove the lines from...
* AIR.INI *
* PLANE_RU.PROPERTIES *
* WEAPONS_RU.PROPERTIES *

You may keep the SKIN folder with the airplane name in the game, but you will not be able to use those skins stored inside, but
you can still keep them in the game with no problem.

You must also do this to any other "mod" you install... vehicles...ships...etc.etc...If you want to make it DE-ACTIVATED,
you must remove the entry lines it may have on all ini files.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for the campaign and missions, I cannot help you on this matter. Each mission or campaign is different and it is up
to the individual who created them to make them work properly. Some may be missing some things. Sometimes this happens.

As for the airplane Mod which may be missing some parts in it , or is not functioning well, I suggest to look into
the section where that airplane was first made available and look into the posts already made. That way you can
make any additional upgrades and improvements that aircraft since it was first released.
- There are always new upgrades being made when people discover a new fix for them and sometimes VPmedia may not
be aware of all the new upgrades.
So you must check on your airplanes from time to time and mod your personal game to your pleasure.

Thanks for the info Max. My issue is not with modded AC though. The A-4 series of Fw 190 has the Kilometer portion of the altimeter missing, as in no texture. The rest of the altimeter is showing and functioning. These AC are stock I believe.

Fish40

« Reply #598 on: August 31, 2016, 03:36:53 AM »

By default you got all.ini (reduced map set, only best maps) and you got -all.ini (full DBW set).
If you want to have the full DBW set remove old all.ini and rename -all.ini to all.ini.

Thanks VP. I kinda thought that was the procedure, but was unsure. Thanks again. Love the Mod!

Fish40

« Reply #599 on: August 31, 2016, 05:06:00 PM »

tell me which campaign and post your dgerror.log file contents please

about the Fw-190 altimeter bug, I need to know which subtype and I'd welcome a screenshot if possible ;)

Thanks VP. I tried to start a Russian Campaign, one of the AAW, Baltic Front. Red Banner, Byelorussian front campaigns. I set up a pilot, and when I pressed start to generate a mission, I got the mission screen, but no map, no AC, plus all the mission info fields (weather, armament, ect) were blank. Mabey thinking these maps are the DBW set that is not activated, therefore the issues. At least I hope that's the problem. An easy one to fix. Activate the map set. As for the Altimeter issue I posted about, it concerns the Fw 190 A-4's. In a nutshell, the Altimeter is all there, and functioning, except there is a white, textureless area where the Kilometer readout should be. The hundred meter scale is there, but no Kilometer. Thanks for your assistance.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 187   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 28 queries.