Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 185   Go Down

Author Topic: VP Modpack  (Read 225301 times)

SkyHigh

Re: VP Modpack
« Reply #576 on: August 27, 2016, 04:54:32 PM »

I remember some years ago reading on a WWII Fighters forum a post by a former WWII pilot from, I think it was, the USN in the Pacific. This gentleman, who is most likely dead now, testified that the planes in that sim were too severely modeled for stall and spin. He said that if the same applied to the real thing, none of them would have survived. I have taken it since that these characteristics have tended to be exaggerated in just about every flight sim.

Captain Dawson

« Reply #577 on: August 27, 2016, 05:05:33 PM »

Interesting point. I definitely agree about none surviving. Who has NOT died yet as a result of stalling in IL-2!  :D Why the stall exaggerations though?
"It's totally foolproof, until you mess something up." -Captain Dawson My OP rig: CybertronPC Palladium custom desktop computer, GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5, CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz 6M Cache Skylake Quad-Core, RAM: 8.00 GB, Motherboard: Intel H110 Chipset, SSD: 240GB, HDD: 1TB, OS: Windows 10

nightace

« Reply #578 on: August 27, 2016, 06:33:01 PM »

does this mod game have refuel rearm since it has  the PAL mod add on as in CUP . If so which is the key ? if not do i add visual mod 8 and will it work with this game version ?
cheers

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #579 on: August 27, 2016, 07:33:28 PM »

Back to the VP Modpack...

Anyone else having this issue on opening the .zip Mod files?

On my PC, both 7-zip and WinRar cannot open the any of the content files, and show this message:

"Can not open file
'vp_modpack.7z'
as archive"

I've tried everything I know. Redownloaded from both Mediafire and Ulozto multiple times.
Neither will allow me to extract the contents. Get the same issue with the file verification download.
Am I doing something wrong, or is there something else wrong?  :-| I'd really appreciate some help with this if anyone knows...

Place all the downloaded files in one place (or folder),
then extract (open) the FIRST file and the rest of the VP-Modpack files
will ALL open.   ;) It´s that easy.
Just make sure you have all the files downloaded.

The patches are a diferent matter. They are seperate from this main package
and can be opened individually... one by one.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #580 on: August 28, 2016, 08:17:42 AM »

does this mod game have refuel rearm since it has  the PAL mod add on as in CUP . If so which is the key ? if not do i add visual mod 8 and will it work with this game version ?
cheers

I'm not familiar with the refuel/rearm feature, but the PAL Visual Mod 9 seems to work fine, I tested it for a while, no ctd or log errors. What I really like about it is the F2 camera movements, its absolutely stunning.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #581 on: August 28, 2016, 08:53:25 AM »

Hi! This is my first post in the forum, this pack is really nice, great sounds and graphic effects. I just dont get the flight model of most planes, it seems like the airspeed doesn't influence the control of the aircraft, anyone else notices this? It's really hard to fly properly at relatively high speeds without the control stiffening, it just wobbles around and it's very easy to accidently pull too many g's. Just want to know if im the only one with this issue.

Thanks!

All the flight models are unchanged, they're the same as in the normal unmodded IL-2 1946 v 4.12.2.

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • Moravia
« Reply #582 on: August 28, 2016, 09:54:23 AM »

Flying the Mohawk IV there are no engine sounds.  :-X

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #583 on: August 28, 2016, 11:48:18 AM »

No problems here. SAS modact has its own, built-in sound mod, I've added Jivers mod on top of that.

redwolf

« Reply #584 on: August 28, 2016, 03:16:25 PM »

Flying the Mohawk IV there are no engine sounds.  :-X

I have engine sounds on it, they are just not very loud in the cockpit.

redwolf

« Reply #585 on: August 28, 2016, 03:23:52 PM »

Found a solution to my early P-38 woes that might be of interest to some...

I installed the VP Modpack, then put in a VP Modpack Update done over at AcesHigh by AH_Jetdoc, then put all the patches 4-7 on top of it and everything is working fine with a bunch of additional aircraft and carriers. The AH_Jetdoc update includes the following:

VP mod pack up date: 1. Late war Mustangs installed
                                    2. New P-38's installed P-38 E thru late war models
                                    3. HMS Eagle CV installed
                                    4. USS Yorktown CV Class installed
                                    5. Missing Channel map 1942-45 vers. Dieppe (Can)(Cat) installed
                                    6. USS Essex CV Class installed
                                    7. New models of P-47's including late war with new load outs
                                    8. Missing models of SpitFires installed and new one as well
                                    9. The model Spitfire XVIes bubble canopies installed

You can find it in this thread...p.5 for the info, p.6 for the download link (though I don't like how it is done in the sense it is the whole SAS folder (big download) rather than just the addons).
Anyway, thought it might be of interest to the more individual mod add-on handicapped like me.

http://aceshigh.ws/forum/index.php?topic=4436.0

Edit: DCG now hates it with this add-on from aceshigh (and that is a deal breaker for me) so I went back to original download and managed to get the early P-38's in on my own. But this add-on pack may still be of interest to some.

Sharkzz

« Reply #586 on: August 29, 2016, 10:19:20 PM »

hello ... chappies  ~S~  8)
oh please, please tell me someone has put up a torrent link for this fantastic addon ?...
thanks for this VP....this,,, I am enjoying... 8)
~S~
Sharkzz
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

Fish40

« Reply #587 on: August 30, 2016, 04:40:50 AM »

So far, really enjoying this mod! Since I'm new to 4.12 and Mod Act 5.3, I have a question. I managed to install a couple of mods by re nameing the file, and makeing sure the folder structure was correct. I simply dropped them in the #SAS folder, and they work. Do I disable a mod by simply removing from the folder, or is there another method of deactivation? Also I noticed a couple of possible glitches. First, in the single Luftwaffe missions, the first Fw190 missions (not A-8 or D-9), has a graphical glitch where the Kilometer reading on the Altimeter is "whited" out. The Hundred meter scale is there, but not the Kilometer. Also, I set up a Russian campaign. I noticed a bunch of "new" campaign choices (new in 4.12?) which were not there in 4.09. I tried one of these only to have a blank screen (no map, breifings,ect) come up. The campaigns I recognise work fine. Sorry if these are newbish, already answered questions, but like I said, I am a newbie to 4.12 and Mod Act. Any help or info is appreciated. Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 185   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 26 queries.