Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 183   Go Down

Author Topic: VP Modpack  (Read 215743 times)

Dimlee

Re: VP Modpack
« Reply #492 on: August 04, 2016, 05:12:25 PM »

The ETO and PTO map set will be finished soon, some of the desert maps need minor corrections and there's a couple eastern front maps (Crimea, Kuban, Kurland, etc) which are not up to the current standards.

Crimea... It was somewhat improved in stock  Black Sea map recently with (at last) return of historical names and some airfields. But so many errors remain.

nightace

« Reply #493 on: August 05, 2016, 01:03:22 AM »

hi
can  we take any mod in the mod folder and copy to any other 412.2m game ? just place any in the other mod and map folder ? jsgme not needed for effects ?
cheers

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #494 on: August 05, 2016, 12:50:53 PM »

Nope, never seen those strange light streaks in my game either.
Might be the Sweet-FX effects. It saturates the colors and boosts the lighting a little too much for my eyes.
I like to use the normal game version without Sweet-FX mod.

Cheers to that bro! :P I use gapa where needed and the rest looks good even with my old rig. IL-2 and maps is hard to make ugly. :)
BTW great new map edits Istvan-will steal a few for my geek'd install.

SGT68

« Reply #495 on: August 05, 2016, 05:30:02 PM »

hi
can  we take any mod in the mod folder and copy to any other 412.2m game ? just place any in the other mod and map folder ? jsgme not needed for effects ?
cheers

Essentially yes. VP mod pack is a great source of mods. But I prefer to copy it over manually, then editing my ini and props files accordingly , not with jsgme. It can screw things up if you are not on top of what jsgme is doing with your mod
"A day without slaughter is like a day without sunshine" ..Marcus Kincaid

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #496 on: August 06, 2016, 03:06:59 AM »

Coral Islands finished:

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #497 on: August 06, 2016, 05:34:41 AM »

Breath-taking scenery... 8)

nightace

« Reply #498 on: August 06, 2016, 07:41:28 AM »

is this the one included in the mod map folder ?

kyle9154

« Reply #499 on: August 07, 2016, 04:13:11 AM »

This is an awesome mod and graphics are captivating, well done.
I noticed a little thing where when you play in pacific theater and choose indian ocean for japan or eastern solomons map they both use the stock coral sea map.
Also you say in the mod description that you can easily remove mods you don't want to use from this pack, I haven't no clue on how to do that. I tried deleting from #SAS folder but that usually caused a crash, any info would be helpful, thanks.

Essentially I want to be able to keep only the updated maps and objects, don't really care about all the extra Dgen/Static campaigns and missions, how do I get it so that I just have all the graphics mods from this pack(aircraft, gore, objects, maps, etc) and remove the rest?

Also this is kind of a separate question, I'm really fond of the Japanese airgroups and would like to use 'Kate' B5N torpedo bomber but 4.12 doesn't have any campaigns for B5N. Is their any Dgen or offline campaigns for a B5N bomber? I tried "Pearl to Tokyo" mod which has it in there as a dgen campaign but it crashed and maps don't work because I don't have any of the major mods(c.u.p, ultrapack, etc) installed to game and that's for HSFX 7.03.

SGT68

« Reply #500 on: August 07, 2016, 05:55:53 AM »

This is an awesome mod and graphics are captivating, well done.
I noticed a little thing where when you play in pacific theater and choose indian ocean for japan or eastern solomons map they both use the stock coral sea map.
Also you say in the mod description that you can easily remove mods you don't want to use from this pack, I haven't no clue on how to do that. I tried deleting from #SAS folder but that usually caused a crash, any info would be helpful, thanks.

Essentially I want to be able to keep only the updated maps and objects, don't really care about all the extra Dgen/Static campaigns and missions, how do I get it so that I just have all the graphics mods from this pack(aircraft, gore, objects, maps, etc) and remove the rest?

Also this is kind of a separate question, I'm really fond of the Japanese airgroups and would like to use 'Kate' B5N torpedo bomber but 4.12 doesn't have any campaigns for B5N. Is their any Dgen or offline campaigns for a B5N bomber? I tried "Pearl to Tokyo" mod which has it in there as a dgen campaign but it crashed and maps don't work because I don't have any of the major mods(c.u.p, ultrapack, etc) installed to game and that's for HSFX 7.03.

Welcome mate... http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,7.0.html - here's a link that should answer questions about using mods..
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=1 and this site is a good source of campaigns and other stuff
"A day without slaughter is like a day without sunshine" ..Marcus Kincaid

dog of war

« Reply #501 on: August 08, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »

just clear something up for me
vp modpack blitzkrieg addon pack can be used under jgsme
vp modpack has to be installed directly ,can not be used through jgsme or am i reading it wrong?

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #502 on: August 08, 2016, 02:38:56 PM »

No jsgme needed for my modpack. Blitzkrieg addon is not my work, iirc its for an older version so you probably gonna loose some of the patch contents. It needs to be updated for the current patch version.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #503 on: August 08, 2016, 02:42:51 PM »

just clear something up for me
vp modpack blitzkrieg addon pack can be used under jgsme
vp modpack has to be installed directly ,can not be used through jgsme or am i reading it wrong?

Put the VP-Modpack into your files section as if it was a normal IL2-1946 game.
Make a new folder and name it IL2-1946_412_VPmodpack (as an example) and put everything inside. --- DO NOT PUT IT INTO
YOUR ROOT Hardrive that says Programs !
Windows 10 does not function well when you place games into this hardrive section (named Programs) , so use
the section where you have your folders.

Whatever else you add to it, you can place it inside the game folder following the written  instructions
as specified by the creator, or place it inside the Jsgme gizmo.
Just make sure to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS !

Blitzkrieg is an add-on.
Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 ... 183   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 27 queries.