Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 187   Go Down

Author Topic: VP Modpack  (Read 235589 times)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
Re: VP Modpack
« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2016, 08:33:45 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean because its a single file split into 16 parts, you can only extract all files at once. It would take considerable time to collect all the objects and their ini entries (few hundred), because the objects are not in a single folder. One of the reasons I released a modpack is because I was lazy to manually update my old 'stock building and map texture' package. :D

You can download the entire modpack but keep only the objects and static ini if you want. But the objects I created wont be used unless you also include the map repaints which are using them.

Boomers object pack is a good alternative, I did include that as a basis of my object pack.
Iirc there is also the TFM-412 map pack and the CUP MME module for objets and maps.

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • Moravia
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2016, 04:55:37 PM »

Thanks for the information.  I was hoping it would be just a couple simple download parts but you're right...there are just too many objects to have it that way.

I bet the C.U.P. has all the objects but I'll have to look at it and see how to get them.

btw, I'm really enjoying the VP MODPACK!

CaptSopwith

« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2016, 10:00:13 AM »

Hi All,

So I have taken the plunge and tried out the new VP Modpack. I have to say, I am blown away by how much better looking and sounding my IL-2 install now is. I have a couple of quick questions just to ensure that I have done everything correctly.

So far I've run through a few Luftwaffe Western Front, USAAF Western Front, RAF Western Front (Can you tell where my bias is? ;)) and everything looks amazing! My only minor concern is that somehow, my previous pilots and control settings have somehow migrated over to my VPmodpack install. I installed a fresh copy of IL-2 and then patched it accordingly to 4.12.2 through the SAS Megapatch. I had a previous HSFX 7 install that I renamed so I could perform a clean install of IL-2.

I don't see anything else that followed over, just my pilots and joystick settings from my HSFX install - even though I didn't move anything over. Should I be concerned at all?

As far as campaigns are concerned, I see a lot to choose from! I also see some from Boelcke, are these part of the VPmodpack? I also have a lot of scripted offline campaigns that I've picked up over the years that are mostly designed to run in 4.11. Would these transfer over to the VPmodpack?

A few other complete newbie questions: Should I run IL-2 through the Selector.exe? And is VPModpack compatible with Lowengrin's DCG?

Those minor questions aside, I am blown away by the quality of this pack - it feels like a nice clean install of IL-2 as it would run in 2016.

Again, my thanks to VP for giving us such an easy to use way of updating IL-2 and diving into a fantastic sim! Great work! Many thanks in advance for your guidance!

Cheers!

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2016, 10:16:26 AM »

And is VPModpack compatible with Lowengrin's DCG?

If you use campaigns designed for use with stock 4.12 or earlier, then yes! If you're trying to use a campaign with modded content then things get a bit trickier.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2016, 10:35:28 AM »

Hi All,

So I have taken the plunge and tried out the new VP Modpack. I have to say, I am blown away by how much better looking and sounding my IL-2 install now is. I have a couple of quick questions just to ensure that I have done everything correctly...

Thanks mate. As far as I know your settings come from the conf.ini and the 'users/yourusername' folder. If IL-2 1946 somehow remembers your previous settings is a good thing, although I do not remember such feature.

The Dgen campaigns included come from EnjoyR's Dgen patch, the total number of dgen campaigns is around 220. Lot of campaigns were added, by default there are only around a hundred campaigns in the stock game. Lowengrins DCG is also an option but you cant use two campaign engines at the same time, you need to decide for one. DCG supports modded planes but has less campaigns.

Older campaigns (scripted) will sometimes include objects/aircraft/vehicles/etc which arent included in this pack, press shift+tab in fmb or during the mission and you'll see what is missing. Opening a mission in fmb will discard the mission objects which arent available or you can download and install any extra mod required by the mission.  I always run my game via selector exe, thats the right way to do it.

Cheers

CaptSopwith

« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2016, 11:22:40 AM »

Hi All,

So I have taken the plunge and tried out the new VP Modpack. I have to say, I am blown away by how much better looking and sounding my IL-2 install now is. I have a couple of quick questions just to ensure that I have done everything correctly...

Thanks mate. As far as I know your settings come from the conf.ini and the 'users/yourusername' folder. If IL-2 1946 somehow remembers your previous settings is a good thing, although I do not remember such feature.

The Dgen campaigns included come from EnjoyR's Dgen patch, the total number of dgen campaigns is around 220. Lot of campaigns were added, by default there are only around a hundred campaigns in the stock game. Lowengrins DCG is also an option but you cant use two campaign engines at the same time, you need to decide for one. DCG supports modded planes but has less campaigns.

Older campaigns (scripted) will sometimes include objects/aircraft/vehicles/etc which arent included in this pack, press shift+tab in fmb or during the mission and you'll see what is missing. Opening a mission in fmb will discard the mission objects which arent available or you can download and install any extra mod required by the mission.  I always run my game via selector exe, thats the right way to do it.

Cheers

Thanks for the speedy reply vpmedia - 220 campaigns sounds like more than enough to keep me busy for months, if not years! I think I will leave well enough alone and leave out DCG for the time being - as well as those pre-packaged campaigns that I've accrued over the years. Thanks again!

CaptSopwith

« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2016, 05:28:22 PM »

Hmmm. Strange. I seem to be hitting a CTD at 70% loading. I have a clean IL-2 1946 install patched to 4.12 through the megapatch. Unzipped the vpmodpack, then copied all of the files over to IL-2. Applied both patches. Altered the config.ini as instructed.

Wondering if this is a Windows 10 issue? Neither Il-2 or the selector exe files are running with any privileges, could this be an issue? When I run them as an administrator (my default account has admin privileges), IL-2 does load fully, but I start seeing splash screens for Ultrapack... not sure where I went wrong?

CaptSopwith

« Reply #199 on: May 21, 2016, 08:27:31 PM »

I've clearly done something to botch my install badly...

http://simhq.com/forum/files/usergals/2016/05/full-1983-121948-error.png

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this right? A full uninstall and reinstall of 1946 and 4.12 is in order. Not sure how to proceed from there thought. Any help is appreciated...  o_O

Edit: As a follow up, once I tried running the sim straight from the IL-2.exe in the game folder without admin privileges, the sim started fine and seems to be working - although yet again, my old HSFX pilots and control settings seem to have reappeared despite my uninstalling IL-2 and removing my HSFX install entirely before adding the vpmodpack.

My apologies for causing so much confusion. If anyone has any advice on how to perform a truly clean IL-2 install perhaps I can try this again to make sure everything is where it should be.

Cheers

mikojan3

« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2016, 06:31:06 AM »

ok frustrated of this fxevolution because i don`t like this effect, i decided testing the jc-effect of cup, i have tested with folder renamed result -worked very good with a beautifull realistic effect off smoke ,and explosion, and fire sorry  off 4 my  bad english when interessed contact me .

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2016, 10:16:12 AM »

I've clearly done something to botch my install badly...

http://simhq.com/forum/files/usergals/2016/05/full-1983-121948-error.png

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this right? A full uninstall and reinstall of 1946 and 4.12 is in order. Not sure how to proceed from there thought. Any help is appreciated...  o_O

Edit: As a follow up, once I tried running the sim straight from the IL-2.exe in the game folder without admin privileges, the sim started fine and seems to be working - although yet again, my old HSFX pilots and control settings seem to have reappeared despite my uninstalling IL-2 and removing my HSFX install entirely before adding the vpmodpack.

My apologies for causing so much confusion. If anyone has any advice on how to perform a truly clean IL-2 install perhaps I can try this again to make sure everything is where it should be.

Cheers

Two quick things.

If you installed your new IL2 to the same folder name as the HSFX install then it could explain the old pilot showing up. The uninstallation probably left behind the pilot profile and controls.

Also make sure you install IL2 somewhere other than Program Files. IL2 is from long before UAC and needs to write files to its folder while it is running.

CaptSopwith

« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2016, 10:20:58 AM »

Thanks Moezilla! That's very helpful. IL-2 defaults to Program Files x86 on my system - is there a better place to install it so that the sim will run properly? Many thanks in advance! Cheers!

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2016, 10:22:49 AM »

Most people would tend to use a scheme like D:\Games\IL2_VPMOD or C:\IL2_CUP
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 187   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 27 queries.