Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 ... 187   Go Down

Author Topic: VP Modpack  (Read 237424 times)

Leg2ion

Re: VP Modpack
« Reply #1740 on: January 09, 2018, 11:02:26 AM »

Well that's what I assumed, but they all appear to have the same amount of files/folders in. Do I just drag them into the Il2 folder one at a time after unzipping them?

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #1741 on: January 10, 2018, 07:13:49 AM »

Well that's what I assumed, but they all appear to have the same amount of files/folders in. Do I just drag them into the Il2 folder one at a time after unzipping them?

Because it's one file split into six parts. You only have to extract the first part, after that the other five parts will be extracted automatically into your game folder. When asked choose 'yes' for overwriting old files.

verde13

« Reply #1742 on: January 23, 2018, 06:17:58 AM »

Is there any way to prevent squadron insignia from displaying on RAF planes?

KiwiBiggles

• Modder
« Reply #1743 on: January 23, 2018, 08:02:59 PM »

Verde, this can be done by replacing the squadron insignia with a "blank" .tga file, usually in the Forgotten Countries mod.

You'll find the info you need in this thread:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,20221.0.html

You can either create a new squadron ("regiment") or modify an existing one. You won't have to make a "blank" insignia tga file, as a number already exist in Forgotten Countries--you'll notice the "blank" files are smaller--and you can just copy and rename them as necessary.

Have a careful read thru, I'm sure you'll get the gist of it.  Hope it helps.

KB

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #1744 on: January 24, 2018, 02:36:21 AM »

Do you want to remove all RAF sqn markings?

verde13

« Reply #1745 on: January 24, 2018, 06:15:25 AM »

Verde, this can be done by replacing the squadron insignia with a "blank" .tga file, usually in the Forgotten Countries mod.

You'll find the info you need in this thread:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,20221.0.html

You can either create a new squadron ("regiment") or modify an existing one. You won't have to make a "blank" insignia tga file, as a number already exist in Forgotten Countries--you'll notice the "blank" files are smaller--and you can just copy and rename them as necessary.

Have a careful read thru, I'm sure you'll get the gist of it.  Hope it helps.

KB

Thank you, much appreciated.

Do you want to remove all RAF sqn markings?

Yes, if possible

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #1746 on: January 24, 2018, 07:02:37 AM »

Here's a mod which turns off those markings, extract to your #SAS folder:
https://www.ulozto.net/!qZ2u1lptvOMq/00-no-raf-sqn-marking-7z

vyrago

« Reply #1747 on: January 24, 2018, 11:33:17 PM »

What are ppl doing about the horribly broken AI?  "rookie" pilot with sniper skills at nearly a mile.  Is there a mod that brings the AI back to normal levels? 

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #1748 on: January 25, 2018, 12:26:57 AM »

You need to go back to 4.10 and for example DBW modpack in order to get the old AI back. The readme files of the 4.11/4.12 patches have lots of info about (offficial) AI changes. You can mod the AI in 4.10 and below but since 4.11 it's encoded into the td.dll and no major modification is possible.

Personally I really like the new AI, because now it can do deflection shooting, just like pilots did in real life. In 4.12 if you dont employ real life fighter tactics, you're dead. There are some advatages which you can use, their plane blocks the AI's line of sight so you can effectively sneak up on an enemy formation using blindspots and if you get noticed you can hide from them in the clouds, just like in RL.

verde13

« Reply #1749 on: January 25, 2018, 04:55:07 AM »

Here's a mod which turns off those markings, extract to your #SAS folder:
https://www.ulozto.net/!qZ2u1lptvOMq/00-no-raf-sqn-marking-7z

Thank you very much!

vyrago

« Reply #1750 on: January 25, 2018, 07:47:07 AM »

You need to go back to 4.10 and for example DBW modpack in order to get the old AI back. The readme files of the 4.11/4.12 patches have lots of info about (offficial) AI changes. You can mod the AI in 4.10 and below but since 4.11 it's encoded into the td.dll and no major modification is possible.

Personally I really like the new AI, because now it can do deflection shooting, just like pilots did in real life. In 4.12 if you dont employ real life fighter tactics, you're dead. There are some advatages which you can use, their plane blocks the AI's line of sight so you can effectively sneak up on an enemy formation using blindspots and if you get noticed you can hide from them in the clouds, just like in RL.

You make some very good points, I can't argue about that.  My only issue is there appears to be hardly any disparity between Rookie and Average.  A rookie can pull off a long range deflection shot with relative ease.

also, does anyone know if there's a Battle of Britain DGEN (or DCG?) campaign for VP Modpack?   

PencilStorm

« Reply #1751 on: January 26, 2018, 04:14:18 AM »

For some reason, in the Burma campaign flying the P-38 the Japanese use German bf-110s without markings to bomb our airbase, which is really breaking the immersion. Why are the Japanese using the BF 110? Anyone had the same problem and knows how to fix it?

Another question: Is there a way to change the maps used in the Leningrad and Moscow campaigns?

And one less question... Is the HD true color mod compatible with this modpack? It's just when I try to activate it using JSGME I choose the version compatible with SAS Modact and don't really notice any change...
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 ... 187   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 27 queries.