Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Completed Collection of Matchbox 1/32 Planes  (Read 8137 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Completed Collection of Matchbox 1/32 Planes
« on: March 25, 2016, 07:30:55 AM »

After 10 years, I at last have the last piece, the 8th boxing of all seven kits released in this series  8)  I remember looking at some of these boxes in toyshops when I was very small. Back in the 70s/80s these kits were the holy grail of large scale kits. It was an awesome series, and I am very proud to have tracked them all down. The 109 came in two boxings, with and without the swastika (and also interestingly, in different colored styrene). Have a great weekend!  :)

jeanba

• Modder
Re: Completed Collection of Matchbox 1/32 Planes
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 07:36:05 AM »

Reminds me my childhood too !

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 10:18:31 AM »

Oooooh!  :)
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

SGT68

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 11:33:54 AM »

That's a great collection. I remember Matchbox kits well from when i was a kid. As kits they never quite had the kudos of the  greats such as Tamiya, Hasegawa, or Italaeri, but they certainly gave Frog and Airfix some decent competition.
"A day without slaughter is like a day without sunshine" ..Marcus Kincaid

henkypenky

• BAT 4.2 Flashpoint & WAW
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 01:25:06 PM »

You guys should take a look here: http://www.oldmodelkits.com/index.php?newlist=1  Very nice!

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 04:05:38 AM »

Good God, funky link, childhood memories, ye ole 1/100 KVZ Tupolev Tu-154 Aeroflot,
1983, 3 years old, my first Model, my grandpa gave me real Sekundenkleber, the shipped
glue was trashy, decals were very hard, broke and fell apart.
It lived 3 weeks, didn't survived my testflight from the 2nd floor.
125$ hilarious  :-X

Back to topic, have fun with these gems Piet  :)
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 04:50:11 AM »

Congrats with the completion of your collection!  :)

I remember the days I spent countless hours watching the Airfix and Tamiya modelkits in toyshops.
And not being able to decide which one to buy for my birthday. Shall I take the Flakpanzer 4 Wirbelwind + a box with some infantry or just the more expensive Stuka with that snake painted on the fuselage?
Those where the problems of a young kid.  :D

The good thing nowadays with trying to get your collection completed is the internet. No need to enter each and every toyshop in every place you visit or going to second hand fairs hoping to find what you are looking for. And knowing it is not going to happen.
Everything I've been searching for for a long time - like certain comic books and its original drawings- I managed to find on sites like Ebay, Amazon and so on.
The flipside though is that so many other interesting stuff is just one mouse click away. That way I've spent (not wasted) already a considerable amount of money.   :-X :D
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

Darkwind

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 10:45:11 AM »

Kind of embarrassing, but I have over 460 unmade kits in my garage. 1/48, 1/32 and 1/24th scale. I have several copies of the Matchbox kits (planes only) The Tiger Moth float plane turned out great....I've been making models for about 55yrs and collecting for about 42yrs....I think have a disease!  o_O   

gb027

• Win 7. GTX 1050 + i5 4670 16gb ram
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 06:02:35 PM »

I had been collecting 1/72 kits since I was a kid and slowly building about 1 in 10. My stash was huge including 1/700 ships, 1/72 esci military armor, airfix, matchbox and frog planes. I realised when I turned 50, my eyes failed me! I know have to go to model swaps and exchange my kits for 1/48 and 1/35 scale. Who knows, when I turn 60, 1/32 may be the go!!  ;) Its a hobby and it's fun. :)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 07:34:55 AM »

Wow Piet!  Seeing these does provoke a strong emotional reaction in men of a certain age!  8)

nyali

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 08:29:53 AM »

i have a huge box of unmade kits in my spare bedroom, a real mixed bag, aircraft in 1/144, 1/72, 1/48, tanks and figures in 1/76 and 1/35. Just need the time to make them lol

SGT68

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2016, 06:02:00 AM »

Lovely collection.... I remember as clear as yesterday when Matchbox entered to plastix market with the first 10 1/72 planes, slowly to be followed by another ten, nos 11-20.... I just loved those kits, despite the two colour plastic and the ott panel lines which scaled up would have been as wide as rain guttering. Then series 2 , bigger planes and 3 colours of plastic. Life was good and simple back then
"A day without slaughter is like a day without sunshine" ..Marcus Kincaid
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 23 queries.