Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Short Sunderland Mk.II Version 2.0  (Read 15880 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Focus on the solution, not the problem.
    • Broadarrow Artwork
Re: Short Sunderland Mk.II Version 2.0
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2016, 03:23:20 AM »

As mentioned this campaign has been built in DBW 1.71 and makes intensive use of CY6's C&C Mod, and not all those features are implemented in 4.12 and/or CUP. That could be the reason. But as I don't have CUP I don't really know. Sorry  :-|

Its not about features not implimented Peter. - 412 code actually BREAKS some of the C&C features.  We have most of them back now and workarounds for those features, involving AI detection code, broken by TD's 412.  412 is such a step forward that we felt forced to accept some compromise but CUP does view further TD patches with great caution as a result.

Why compromise but move to 412?  With Seaplanes specifically, for example, 412 allows us to place them at a predefined spawn anywhere we want to!  This makes for dynamic airfields and particularly good Seaplane bases.  With a few tweaks here and there your Sunderland campaign for 412 CUP will be better than ever and well worth converting.

This is a great addition to Il2.  Thanks to all involved.  All it needs now is a set of missions of the quality it deserves.

ROMULO

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2017, 04:41:02 PM »

Thank you very much for this great work, :D

b9flyer

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2017, 03:46:27 PM »

This is an excellent campaign - spent two hours on it today when I should have been working. Her in doors wasn't amused though - I blamed you lot for an amazing sim, and nearly got away with it (bruising to prove it..!).

Only problem is - regarding the SAR, I locate through the crew where the downed pilot is, and taxi to him and raft, but can't carry out a rescue - neither does he pop smoke. Any help with this one please.

I've moved on from CUP (which excelled itself) on to BAT (which is...... I'm lost for words.... ;D :D :P)

Many thanks
Landing's easy - surviving it, well that's harder

Hans-Joachim Marseille

• SAS - May you be with The (Air)Force!
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2018, 08:58:36 AM »

I wanna ask all people who have various skins for this plane to pls up them. I'm not sure if there are many around yet and I could not find too many either. Thx.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 26 queries.