Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: FMB Plane drops from sky  (Read 3536 times)

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
Re: FMB Plane drops from sky
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 07:16:50 AM »

Do you want to set a new object on the map ?

That is not mouse's left button click.
In default key settings, that "Insert" function is assigned on keyboard's Ctrl key + mouse left click , or keyborad's Insert key / 10key pad's "0" key.

In conf.ini
Code: [Select]
[HotKey builder]
Ctrl MouseLeft=insert+
Insert=insert+
NumPad-0=insert+

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 07:23:31 AM »

Torch;

That being said, the usual cause of "exploding on spawning" or "instant crashing" is either an aircraft mod which is incompatible or a loadout which doesn't exist.

Try the following;
Same mission and setup but make sure your aircraft is stock (i.e. in HSFX it should not have an asterisk beside the name).  If it's not clear which F4U is stock then simply select any aircraft that you know for a fact is stock.  Do not include any bombs/rockets simply set loadout as default.  Do not include any other aircraft (i.e. just one aircraft).  Do not use any taxi to takeoff etc, simply place your takeoff icon at the end of the runway.  NOTE:  the  TAKEOFF icon indicates where the wheels leave the ground. 

If that works then go back into FMB and try your original aircraft and see what happens.  It's essentially a process of elimination to nail down what the cause is.  Any problem like this I always recommend to go back and use stock objects/aircraft etc as that will usually indicate that the problem is mod-related.  Then it's a question of trying to determine what mod or part of a mod is the guilty party.  ;)

One thing to note with HSFX and the "group takeoff" feature (if you intend to use it).  I found this out while creating Battle of Britain scenarios.

If you use stock takeoffs (i.e. the planes appear on the runway nicely lined up behind each other), the TAKEOFF icon indicates where the wheels leave the ground.
If you use the "group" takeoff option (i.e. planes are lined up two-abreast, or four-abreast etc) then the TAKEOFF icon indicates where the takeoff run will start (i.e. the opposite of the stock takeoff).  In other words the planes will start rolling from the TAKEOFF icon instead of that being where they actually leave the ground.   Make sense??

Torch

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 08:06:27 AM »

Western0221
Thanks for the tip.

Tomoose,
Makes perfect sense. I only used the stock Aircraft. However your additional information will surely make the difference.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.