Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AI flying into hillsides  (Read 876 times)

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
AI flying into hillsides
« on: March 01, 2016, 04:16:50 PM »

I have been dealing with this issue for a while. The background is that I did a dcg campaign for DBW, "Kokoda Track." Ok, so I did not release it because while I was still working it CUP came out. I have adapted it to CUP, I thought, but I have one little problem: My Aussie pilots deliberately plow into the Owens Stanley range in almost every mission. At first I thought, too much Fosters in the CUP version. But no, the two campaigns are the same except that in DBW the pilots climb over the mountain range and in CUP they crash into the hillsides.

I'm not asking anyone to research this too much; it is probably not worth the effort. I was just wondering if anyone else had any issues with AI crashing into hillsides in CUP. I think that 4.12 is supposed to handle these situations better. I have also read that Western did an update to the engine mod that was supposed to address the issue. I have tried Western's patch without much luck.

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
Re: AI flying into hillsides
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 05:53:52 PM »

There is a jsgme option introduced with pt18: "#WAW_Config-EngineMOD".

RETROFIT ENGINE-MOD
Changes, from SASEngineMOD 2.7 + Western's patch, introduced in #WAW Part-12, are responsible for breaking the catapults on the Iowa Class vessels, but not the I-400 which continues to be OK.  The later version 2.7 is has 56 more classfiles than the previous version upon which #WAW was initially constructed.

The solution is more likely to be found in the construction of the Iowa Mod.  There is nothing wrong with SASEngineMOD 2.7 + Western's Patch - in fact it is essential to fly most things in 412 properly and it stops the AI from flying like dickheads!  However, I would still like to launch off the battleship sometimes and even make a mission set for the fabulous Grumman Duck and Kingfisher models.  So why can't we have the best of both worlds? - This is C.U.P. - of course we can have both!

Choices:
You start out, with #WAW Part-18, fitted with the original smaller SASEngineMOD modified for C.U.P.  The Iowa Cats work, as do all others, and all other Iowa Class Ships!  Carrier parking is also perfect.  There are two missions attached to check these out. (.../Single/None/00-Demos)

#WAW_Config-EngineMOD
Revert to Full SASEngineMOD 2.7 + Western's Patch

This JSGME Option will step you back up to the larger SASEngineMOD 2.7 + Western's Patch.  This is probably better all round (depends how many AI you are dealing with and how they behave) but you will lose the Iowa Cats for the time being...

But later this "#WAW_Config-EngineMOD" was replaced by "#WAW_00 EngineMOD"
wich comes with jsgme restore point 18:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,50058.0.html

As I have installed this 'restore point 18' I activated 'WAW_00 EngineMOD'
and then tested the mission "MountainFight.mis" (wich comes with
stock 412 in Missions/412_Demo_Missions folder) and
Planes didn't crash into mountains. 

Try this, hope it helps. ;)
i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
Re: AI flying into hillsides
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 09:16:01 PM »

Thanks Gerax, I  will.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 24 queries.