Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello, awesome project  (Read 474 times)

Wolfraider

Hello, awesome project
« on: February 25, 2016, 06:00:51 AM »

Hi everyone.

So I finally got around to fly Il2 again and this time I’d like some mods. I’ve found out about C.U.P. and I’m positive that I want it. And so I’ve been reading instruction and downloading for a while, have some problems with mediafire disconnecting, so I thought about some questions. Now, don’t take this the wrong way, the work you’ve done seems awesome (I’ll know for sure once I fly for a while) and I am grateful for modders taking care of the community. But I just have to ask:

1. Is there a consolidated install\rar file around for each module? Since my net connection is not the fastest around, and mediafire keeps disconnecting, it is going to take really long time to download everything. The first five parts of MME are over 12gb, and files seem to overwrite mostly, so perhaps a consolidated .rar file might be smaller in size?

2. If there is no consolidated install file, could one perhaps make one himself? Could one, theoretically, extract each part one by one, as stated in the instructions, into an empty folder and then rar that folder? Wouldn't that make an installer one could use on a fresh install of Il2 412 + SAS Modact 5.3?

Thanks for the answers. Oh, and please excuse my spelling, English is my second language.

Back to downloading.

nyali

• Supporter
Re: Hello, awesome project
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 07:07:45 AM »

Hi Wolfraider, there has been discussion in the past about maybe consolidating the files but the problem lies in mediafire itself, there are many issues with massive files on there, be patient, download each one in turn, ensure that the file size matches before downloading the next. Even with files at the current size there have been many cases of problems caused by incomplete and corrupted downloads.

So long as each file is correctly downloaded you should have no issues with the install and running of CUP.

VonWaffen

• Modder
Re: Hello, awesome project
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 07:30:34 AM »

remember you still able to start playing  even if you have only one complete module installation example "WAW" add once you have the " MME"
The enemy is stupid. Believing it's us the enemy,when it's him
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 25 queries.