Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ai Sky Raiders will not leave carrier ~ SOLVED  (Read 5198 times)

Ibis

Re: Ai Sky Raiders will not leave carrier
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 01:38:04 AM »

Thanks Western,
 I am now chasing other problems because while other aircraft work fine
in full mission builder I get the  "Please wait till deck is clear"  message when in game.
 Still searching for solution.

When you face the message problem, do some Skyraiders line-up in front of you or other AI aircrafts?
If so.... taking-off is done from front aircrafts , and later aircrafts have to wait their finishing taking-off, so Skyraiders' not to take-off bug makes it.
If not .... it comes from another problem or bug.
-----------------

No Western, the skyraiders will jump to the catapult but not take off,  but now that is not the problem I have swapped them for Panthers and they take off correctly.
The original problem has gone when using the Panther so all is ok in full mission builder.  The problem now is even when there are no ai allotted to the carrier
the deck is "still full" once I select Multiplay/create new server/dogfight/create/carrier test/load/fly,
which means nobody can join, not even me.
    So my install must be corrupted.  Still looking.

Thanks Western and also benitomuso.

cheers guys.
     Ibis.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 01:48:09 AM »

Is your another problem is about Online Multiplay ?

C.U.P. is only for single play.
Multiplay is not planned, guaranteed.

If that works almost OK, it's LUCKY.

Ibis

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2016, 04:14:50 AM »

Well that will be the answer no doubt, I didn't realise that, sorry to cause the confusion.
I know that the skyraiders work in an online mission in UP3-RC4 and I was trying to make a copy of
that particular mission in C.U.P.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Western.
        cheers mate,
          Ibis.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 08:10:09 PM »

The Skyraiders actually work perfectly - There are numerous examples in my own 'Screaming Eagle' campaign for CUP.

However, as Western pointed out CUP is for OFFLINE play - Heavily modded ONLINE setups are another ball-game altogether and well outside of our remit.

I did find that in QMB - The JTW Navy Trials, intitally used for single player trials and testing, the AI were not allocated a proper carrier takeoff spot.

From QMB jump to FMB and assign the takeoff waypoints (there are 3) then it all works for AI too.

Catapult mods in CUP are also ship type and date dependent, these parameters alter available steam power and configuration.  The Skyraider is suitable for the Boxer class carrier.  It is very easy to set up an AI flight and launch yourself, plus another flight of Skyraiders, off the Boxer, even fully laden.  It works once the takeoff points have been edited.

For those who are unable to carry out this FMB alteration, or unfamiliar with the tool, I will upoad the revised QMB set so that you can drop it in and overwrite.

DOWNLOAD REVISED JTW NAVY TRIALS (these will be standard in the next JTW Update)
https://www.mediafire.com/?wmow3c6i6mrd98y

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 28 queries.