Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Vehicles columns  (Read 6818 times)

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
Re: Missing Vehicles columns
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2016, 08:48:46 AM »

I was looking at the columns that resupply in DCG and noticed the both Russia and German supply column II are missing some vehicles in the convoy but oddly enough their shadows show.

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2016, 10:00:47 AM »

I'm not seeing that X_Man. I tried a desert, summer and winter map and viewed the columns at various altitudes and angles and all vehicles were visible.

Can you post a mission where it happens?

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2016, 09:32:20 PM »

this sort of thing can also sometimes happen because of several other factors, including your specific graphics setup, as well as too many other objects visible in the background.
when it happens again, try moving the camera around - chances are when there is nothing else in the background view, the vehicles will be visible again.
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Keep calm and carry on
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2016, 03:11:49 AM »

As adding columns are simply a matter of adding lines of text (and no new units, so it gives practically no extra weight to the pack, or risk for mod clashes etc) I really think that ALL these missing columns should be added to CUP. To enhance backward compatability.

May I also be so bold as to suggest that to the TGA module are added those special SCW columns I put together, and that can be found in "IL-2 SCW". Really easy: just add these lines of text and Bobs your uncle!  :)
My aim: to build campaigns for Mods! You can find them here: http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=search&sa=740

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 09:17:33 AM »

SAS~Malone - Thanks that was the issue, who knew :)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2016, 11:37:00 AM »

(I do not have CUP, yet)

so, the intention of CUP is so that everyone who uses it will have the same MODS, right?  ...so that there will be no problems with people not have problems getting missions to work right because they do not have particular mods (when missions require particular mods in order for missions to work).

I thought CUP would have just about everything to fix that problem. 
Now I see that there are important vehicle columns that are not included in CUP?

If that is true, now we have still have to install basic mods (like these vehicles)... if someone does not have those installed, then the missions will not work for them.
...then, as mission builders, we would have to list ALL the mods necessary for our missions to work.
(we will most likely not remember all those mods and list them).

In my conclusion, MODS (like these vehicle columns) need to be included in CUP.

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2016, 07:49:05 AM »

CzechTexan - I think this was a mistake and easy to fix. We are all human and it was more than likely an oversight.

CUP was just a merging of DBW Dark Blue World and The Fully Monty: Basically Using DBW as a base and then methodically add "every mod possible" that doesn't grossly interfere with other mods already installed. Since this is a manual process issues like this are expected. For this reason - I don't think the intent was to use CUP as an on-line play platform in the least. If that is what you are looking for, you might want HSFX.

Not to beat the dead horse, just open the #Folders in your IL-2 main folder and look the sheer number of files out there that someone has to edit to make mods compatible with each other. Modders always don't make it easy because they are looking for short cuts too and don't always consider integration with existing mods when they build new and enhance the old. That said - this is a labor of love and don't look at it like these guys are playing "God" by excluding objects. It's was just a mistake.

On the other hand - you can try FSX and see how much money that simulator will sent you back to get it flyable.

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2016, 11:39:54 AM »

Here's a quick and dirty JSGMEMOD to re-activate the DBW columns.

*** INSTALL ONLY ON A CLEAN WAW Part 20 OR YOU WILL PROBABLY BREAK YOUR CUP! :-P ***

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rs7sddqt5ihnca/WAW20_DBWCols.zip?dl=0

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2016, 11:00:52 PM »

I thought that I'd need classfiles in order to get the extra DBW vehicle convoys.

I tried to be DBW compatible in 4.12 modact, but there are a handful of items not available outside DBW (ships, convoys of vehicles, moving infantry and a few tanks). My approach was to do a string search (not a file search!) with Total Commander inside my Missions folder for each missing item, TC will give you all the search results in the same window, from there you can drag them into a text editor (UltraEdit in my case) and do a simple replacement in all the files at once. You could even write a macro, which with one click replaces all the missing items in every opened file.

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2016, 01:17:27 AM »

I made some small like-for-like changes to the convoys to keep this as a text-only fix. So no class files required. The Italian armour models from DBW/UP were replaced by the newer ones from 4.11. The generic beige staff car was replaced with the kubelwagen as we don't have a Fiat 508CM and the lovely Fiat 621L had to be changed for an Opel Blitz 3.6. But the Italians and the DAK were working closely together so it's not completely crazy. Quick and dirty.

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2016, 07:08:33 AM »

OK, I thought these objects were left out on purpose.

Yes, I understand there is a lot of things to move into CUP.  It's ALOT!  I understand that there can be mistakes made and I do appreciate all the work that goes into a project like this.  I say THANK YOU to all who have put CUP together.

My only question now is, will these objects be in a CUP update?

edc1

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2016, 11:53:42 AM »

Hi all
Just added Gastons chief .ini lines to the TGA module-and it seems to working Ok
have added some of the new columns to some missions to test and every thing seems to
working as it should. (see reply #9)
Hope Monty can add these to the next update of TGA
Cheers edc1 (stan) ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 24 queries.