Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: #DOF dogfighting issue  (Read 958 times)

volsfan39

#DOF dogfighting issue
« on: February 07, 2016, 10:18:28 AM »

Has anyone else experienced problems with the AI aircraft in DOF really not engaging you in a dogfight. I have tried all different skill levels from rookie to ace and the AI just doesn't seem interested. He will fire on the initial pass then really does not try and do much. Also when I get on him and land some hits he spins somewhat wildly regains control and then ends up flying into the ground and it gives no credit for the kill. His wreckage lays there until it disappears. I have tried this over and over and always get the same result. Anyone else have this problem? Just looking for input..

Alfie Noakes

• Art Director
Re: #DOF dogfighting issue
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 02:44:41 AM »

Hello volsfan39....... welcome to SAS !

RE: DOF dogfighting

You give no details but seems like you're using DOF QMB to set up bomber v bomber dogfights  :)
In DOF & DBW1916 all a/c fall into two types.....fighters & bombers
If you want dogfighting, set fighters against fighters or fighters against bombers
There are some bombers in the game with forward firing m/g's but the AI tends to use these a/c for "spirited defense" rather than aerial attack.
There has been lots of discussions by members about the accuracy and efficacy of AI etc but I find it reasonable...and less predictable than it was in earlier versions......but that might be just me  ;D
If you want to test your combined bomberpilot/gunner skills try flying (no AI) a pusher +ff m/g like a Voisin DUKSIII against an early fighter...say a Pfalz E 1 or a Halberstadt D II
Set the start altitude around 1000m and try and bring the fighter down....either as a pilot ( putting the a/c in position for your AI gunner to shoot at the enemy) or a gunner (hoping your AI pilot knows what he doing  :D).....true skill is flying pilot + gunner combined    ;)
If you have to fly bomber v bomber I suppose you could set up that scenario in FMB......
I've just set a Aviatik BI against a Voisin on Uzins excellent Belarus Winter map...but the a/c simply circled each other taking desultory pot shots ....all very dull  :(

Anyway, hope this helps......happy flying !

Cheers

Alfie
Everything is for the best in the best of all possible worlds
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 24 queries.