Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have started on a new PBP-1 gun sight. Mod released.  (Read 6241 times)

WxTech

• Modder
Re: Have started on a new PBP-1 gun sight. Mod released.
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2016, 05:17:29 AM »

On the sight version installed in attack planes... The full texturing is complete, and all 4.08 stock planes equipped with it have been 'upgraded'.

The stock sight in the Peshkas was oversized and mounted a bit low; the control yoke when pushed forward and turned hard left or right would partly merge with the lower sight. This no longer occurs.

The Il-2 armored glass has been given a slight greenish tint and my 'cloning' treatment (a second windscreen overlaps the original, and has its surface normals reversed in sign) so that the tint not change much with varying illumination angle. Additionally, this glass and the rest of the canopy glass has been given a dirtier edge. I like the 'grungy' look this creates, suggesting hard-worked planes given little attention to sparkling cleanliness. I will likely do this for the later Il-2s as well, and pack them with my mod (even though no optical sight exists for them.)

This new mod pack will be made available fairly soon...
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 05:22:10 AM »

Great news.

Best regards, Gerhard  :)
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2016, 08:39:42 PM »

Have just adapted the sight to the Il-2's rear gun. The original was smaller than the real thing (unlike the much more usual case of the sights being modeled too large), and so now the sight looks bigger than before. And the stock reflector was a more-upright 65-70 degrees, instead of the proper 45. I had to lower the mount upon which sits the sight, in order that it not merge oddly into the sight body. A benefit overall now is a better field of view through the reflector.

The Peshka rear gun arrangements are next on the list...
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

dedogist

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2018, 09:22:29 PM »

Any news on these? I would love to have this in especially my early IL-2s

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2018, 09:23:26 AM »

Any news on these? I would love to have this in especially my early IL-2s

Actually, I did finish adding the sight to some planes, but was hoping to do more 'pit work before packing up the mod for release. Other projects took over, and I left stuff on the back burner. I suppose I should just release the sights by themselves...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 25 queries.