Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About Lowengrin DCG .srd vs .prd  (Read 2061 times)

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
About Lowengrin DCG .srd vs .prd
« on: January 26, 2016, 10:32:29 AM »

Hi mates!

I was looking at the campaign building and I was reading that the .prd files manage a patrol zone for carriers....while .srd the ships route....

The explain about the .prd talk about a red and blue zone....

To develope a campaign like the carrier raids against Japan in the late WWII is better set a .srd or a single red .prd....maybe a single .prd can give errors....

Anyone have done experiments about?

Cycle

• Modder
Re: About Lowengrin DCG .srd vs .prd
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 02:29:17 PM »

Hi,
prd route:
You always need one for each side, no matter if both or only one side has ships in it!
If you only creates one for a side you get an error!

Advantage:
The ships moves faster then in a srd. route (much faster)!

Disadvantages:
The more ships you put here, the greater is the possibility that they collide with each other!
Route has a limited length, ships stop at the end! Not good if you have long mission times in your campaign!
Not very flexibel! DCG creates for each mission more or less the same route at the same place!

srd route:
Advantage:
You can have much more ships in one route, provided she is straight without curves!
Much more flexibel,you can place it all over the map where ships can drive!
Routes can be longer and over the whole map, if you create a loop!
How to create a loop i have tried to explain here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,20873.0.html

Disadvantages:
Ship speed is low!

Hope it helps!
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 03:15:40 PM »

Thanks mate for your very competent reply!

That's what I was supposing about error!

I don't know about vantages and disvantages!

Now seem more clear!

Increased ships speeds are good for easing deck operations where slower ships can be a bit tricky....

For me vantages and disvantages are about the same so I'll ty to start my first campaign testing those different condition!

Any further information about .prd ships routes length?

You report them as shorter than those in .srd and so if there is no approximate ships traveling distance there is the need to test the correct box distance from ground to allow correct t/o - attack - landing timing to get ships still moving....

(BTW I have anyway your pdf file in the download link....is a must , almost a bible , for DCG understanding and planning!)

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 05:50:02 AM »

In my experience with DBW, props have no problems to land on carriers in a srd. route!
High carrier speeds are more important for jet campaigns!
I have also the impression, that the ship speed has no influence on the accuracy of enemy dive bomber for example!
However, I dont know how this works since the 4.12 patch!

So far I know, the max time for a task force is 1.5 hours for a prd. route,no matter how large you create the box!
With a campaign where delayed start times are enabled, it can be not enough for some AI planes for landing!
For a srd. route, there are theoretically no limits! You can stretch the route as you need!

Note: In DBW the ship speeds are very different to each other in both route types, especially destroyers!
So better use destroyers with the same class!
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 08:55:48 AM »

Thanks mate for your reply and your great and skilled knowledge!

Effectively 1,5 hours is a little too few for a good carrier mission....moreover with .prd I realized also the you haven't any route control while with dedicated .srd you can plan a correct route!

About ships speeds I'll give a look at the technics....but this speed difference shouldn't be valid only for .prd because , if I understand right from your campaign making file , in .srd the ships speed should be set by DCG at 29 or 19 kph....

Maybe in the next future I can set a carrier campaign in both system and look at the results....

Maybe a .prd for early war in China and a .srd for late war in Japan....

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 12:02:25 PM »

About ships speeds I'll give a look at the technics....but this speed difference shouldn't be valid only for .prd because , if I understand right from your campaign making file , in .srd the ships speed should be set by DCG at 29 or 19 kph....

Thats a bit a miracle for me . . .
When you load such a dcg mission in FMB all waypoints for any kind of destroyers have the same speed in there waypoint display!
But when you later play the mission till the end, some destroyers are ahead or behind of the current task force position, without being damaged during the mission . . .

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 12:09:37 PM »

Thank for the new reply mate!

I'll give this a try in the next future!

I'll report my observation about!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 26 queries.