Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Smolensk - retextured, retowned, revillaged  (Read 41374 times)

cgagan

• SAS Team
Re: Smolensk - retextured, retowned, revillaged
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2016, 04:18:50 AM »

Thanks for another masterpiece and a very happy new year to you!

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2016, 05:17:25 AM »

Besides the look of Smolensk has changed considerably now (in a positive way) I still can use the old quick missions.  :)
Which means that roads and railways etc. are still in the same position. Which is a good thing though.

To my feeling the navigation map is a bit too saturated so I decided to change it.
(Desaturated and with folded paper overlay.)

https://www.mediafire.com/download/8el11786ltvtc1w/ed_01.tga

images upload

"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2016, 05:24:14 AM »

Look great, but I edited several rivers and there is old version. But - we can say - soldiers had a incorrect maps... ;D

I checked and the roads, cities, villages and airfields seem to be on the same locations so the navmap is usable.

Forgot to say thanks for the map, your work is much appreciated on the stock maps. :)

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2016, 07:54:43 AM »

Thank you very much for another essentially improved stock map, the flight over the terrain is now very impressive.
Perhaps the same textures might be used for Belarus, too ? Would you allow me to use them (if I shall have time to do so, LOL)?
I have just a question : are the Boguszev AF runways concrete  , and those north of Smolensk being now grass ones, historically correct ?

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2016, 10:44:41 AM »

cyberolas

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2016, 11:50:05 AM »

Thank you very much for another essentially improved stock map, the flight over the terrain is now very impressive.
Perhaps the same textures might be used for Belarus, too ? Would you allow me to use them (if I shall have time to do so, LOL)?
I have just a question : are the Boguszev AF runways concrete  , and those north of Smolensk being now grass ones, historically correct ?

Hi! Yes, you can use these textures. Concrete runways: when I saw default concrete, so I built concrete... it was only one rule...

Uzin

• Modder
  • On lifetime holidays
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2016, 01:08:58 PM »

Hi! Yes, you can use these textures. Concrete runways: when I saw default concrete, so I built concrete... it was only one rule...
..but the default AF north of Smolensk is concrete, while you made there grass AF...?

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 01:10:44 PM »

Wonderful map, Cyberolas. Wonderful. As a mentioned earlier I am updating the Minsk to Moscow campaign that uses this map and I am currently testing with this map. Here are some screen shots:

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 03:30:25 PM »

Many thanks for this map. :) The screens look wonderful. ;) Will try this weekend.

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2016, 03:32:03 PM »

BTW also a great map to be used for Mig-17s/21s.

You can also simply add concrete as mission addition, one mod (forgot which modder made it) includes a huge nice "Korean style" black runway plate.

Zoran395

• Mapper
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2016, 06:07:43 PM »

I tried your map last night and I must say I was humbled ...  :P

I got IL-2 in 2002 because it had a red star on the cover and ever since IL-2 means Eastern Front for me.
By getting the RRR treatment to the Smolensk map you really keep what I consider the game core alive.

I got the map bug last August when I just wanted to fix some trees in rivers. Since then I have been principally map building.

After all these hours, I get an idea of the skills required to pick/create/amend the textures, choose objects which will allow for smooth transitions between the core of the city to the countryside.

Of course you know all this and put it in practice masterfully! A mega bravo to you !!!

Oooops... left the flaps down...Too busy watching the scenery.

Bobbo

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2016, 06:57:45 PM »

The more I use the map the more I am amazed by the detail like the waves in the rivers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 25 queries.