Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: North West Europe  (Read 31353 times)

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
Re: North West Europe WIP
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2016, 04:19:37 AM »

I'm running out of texture slots :)

Ojisan_bart

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2016, 04:41:15 AM »

That looks real, I look forwards to fly over there... Great job

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2016, 06:22:08 AM »

For the creek, are you able to make the creek longer by using two or more textures to connect them?  Or is it just one texture and the creek ends at each side of the texture?

I tried to do this several years ago when I made the Caucasus map.  I gave up because it was too much effort for my limited knowledge of textures at the time.  Plus, it does take up extra texture slots!  Yours look really good and I'm glad to see this has finally been accomplished.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2016, 10:37:13 AM »

I adopted the creek textures from the Rabaul map. I'm using two textures per creek in order  to be able to change direction, when I upload tomorrow you'll be able to see the texture files but its basically a repeating pattern.

Uufflakke

• Modder
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2016, 11:47:09 AM »

Spectacular!  :)

The only drawback is of course that there will be no reflection on lakes and creeks like there is on "real" IL2 waters.
"The Best Things In Live Aren't Things"

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2016, 12:25:32 PM »

New version avaiable: http://ulozto.net/xZvwqWxL/vp-nweurope-v4-7z

I also updated a dgen campaign for the map, it's in Campaigns/Luftwaffe/(NWE) Germany 1945 - Fighter + the US and RAF.
If you dont have the original campaign download EnjoyR dgen patch 5.2 at mission4today.com.

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2016, 03:55:34 PM »

That is very tasty!

I wonder if they could be done as ground plates??? That way, you wouldn't have to use up terrain slots.

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2016, 04:25:56 PM »

That is very tasty!

I wonder if they could be done as ground plates??? That way, you wouldn't have to use up terrain slots.
That has already been done.  I think it was Fabianfred who made the CAT plates...rivers and canals.
The drawback is that they need to be on flat ground.

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2016, 05:04:38 PM »

That has already been done.  I think it was Fabianfred who made the CAT plates...rivers and canals.
The drawback is that they need to be on flat ground.

You're right about the flat ground. IIRC, FF's stuff was canals, etc on a clear plate. I wonder if they would look better with some background added - as in VP's tiles?

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2016, 12:09:46 AM »

ground plates would be a really bad solution for rivers because you cant combine them with the surrounding textures and the nearby trees must be placed manually, plus their place must be prepared first by adjusting the textures and the height map. this could also have an impact on the average fps of the map. smaller places (lakes, ponds, city squares) could be modelled well with ground plates.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2016, 12:58:19 AM »

i managed to turn the two lakes texture into a ground plate showing the two lakes in smaller size. they can be added via fmb into any old map. the only problem i see is the size of the usable area, i'm not sure which of the existing ground plates can cover a 4*4 map grid square. i only had the one posted by uzin in that other "dirt runway" thread.

new lake made with a ground plate:

mandrill

• Modder
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2016, 07:08:34 AM »

ground plates would be a really bad solution for rivers because you cant combine them with the surrounding textures and the nearby trees must be placed manually, plus their place must be prepared first by adjusting the textures and the height map. this could also have an impact on the average fps of the map. smaller places (lakes, ponds, city squares) could be modelled well with ground plates.

The latter is what I had in mind. Canals, ponds, ornamental palace gardens, squares, monuments, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 25 queries.