Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The Siege of Rabaul - A DCG Campaign for C.U.P.  (Read 17194 times)

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
The Siege of Rabaul - A DCG Campaign for C.U.P.
« on: December 10, 2015, 04:26:29 PM »

Campaign Information

This campaign is based on the period from October 1943 to the end of the war. Once Japan’s “Pearl Harbor” in the Pacific, As part or Operation Cartwheel, Allied forces have decided not to invade Rabaul, but instead go around it and isolate the stronghold. To marginalize the forces at Rabual, the Allied forces attacked the area regularly and cut it off from receiving supplies and reinforcements.

Current Version is: 1.1 (12 January 2016). This version corrects a load-out issue with the Betty Bomber.

Download Link:  http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=2247

Though based on historical information, much of the gameplay is dynamic due to the nature of Lowengrin’s Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG).

The following careers will be available:

Japanese Navy:   A6M5 Zeke, D3A1 Val
US Army Air Force:   P-38 Lightning, B-25 Mitchell
US Navy:   F6F3 Hellcat, SBD5 Dauntless
US Marine Corps:  F4U1A Corsair, SB2C3 Helldiver

Prerequisites & Compatibility

This campaign was written and tested using the SAS Community Universal Pack mod pack. For information, see: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,45222.0.html

You must have installed Lowengrin’s Dynamic Campaign Generator for IL-2 version 3.47 or later. To obtain DCG see the Lowengrin website: http://www.lowengrin.com

Installation and Settings
•  Decompress the Rabaul.zip file and put the uncompressed Rabaul folder into your DCG home directory.
• Copy the Paintschemes folder from the Rabaul folder to your main game directory’s Paintschemes folder.
•  Make a backup of the DGEN directory in you IL-2 game directory.
•  Copy the DGEN folder from the Rabaul \DGEN directory and paste it to the main game folder. If prompted to overwrite files, click Yes.
•  Start the DCG program. Select File?Optional Third Party Data Folder.
•  Navigate to the Rabaul folder and select allcampaigns.dcg.
•  In the DCG main screen, select Mode ? Off Line Career (Full Auto-Generation Mode).
•  Close DCG.
•  Start your IL-2 game. Choose one of the Nation/Career options listed above under Campaign Information and slick Start.
•  For best results, choose the squadron that is in the same ordinal position as the aircraft you select. For example, if you choose the second aircraft type in a list of three, choose the second squadron in the list as well. This will ensure that you receive the correct aircraft upgrades as they become available.

Compatibilities

This is a large and dynamic campaign;. I have done testing, but testing a campaign of this scope is near-impossible. If you encounter difficulties, please notify me; solutions are usually available once I know the nature of the problem. Exploding planes on startup are the most common issue; if you encounter this please let me know (this is a problem that can be fixed with relative ease). I have created new Payload assignment files for this campaign, but as noted above it is hard to test all possible combinations.

Credits

Thanks to the SAS team for bringing us C.U.P., the Freemodding team for the Hell Diver, and Paul Lowengrin for the excellent DCG campaign generator.

This campaign would not be possible without Bee’s wonderful Rabaul map. I also used the following custom skins. Aircrat/Skin:
•   Rufe: Ronnco
•   Zeros: VPmedia
•   B-17: Jaypack
•   B-25: Jarink
•   Betty: Buglord

I am personally much indebted to Scharnhorst and Lonestar for their wonderful tutorials on the use and scripting of DCG campaigns.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: The Siege of Rabaul - A DCG Campaign for C.U.P.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 10:28:32 PM »

Fantastic work vonofterdingen.  Putting CUP to good use!  ;D

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 03:30:04 PM »

Thanks, Monty. The link is on the first topic now.

Cycle

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 09:46:41 AM »

Oh, what a nice surprise . . . i hope i have time next year and will try C.U.P and end my break!
Thanks for your work, vonofterdingen!
"Lenin sagte einmal, der ungebildete Mensch stehe außerhalb der Politik. Heute aber haben wir ein gebildetes Volk. Wie wir in den letzten Jahren handelten, bedeutete, es aus der Politik herauszuhalten. Das ist eine Mißachtung des Volkes. Das ist eine Art Elitedenken." Michail Gorbatschow

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 04:17:41 PM »

There has been a change to the torpedo load-outs for the Betty bomber (I think in download 17) that will cause exploding planes at mission start. I know what is wrong and am testing the fix. I will post it in the next day or two.

ricnunes

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 11:12:36 AM »

First of all thanks for the campaign!

However I stumbled into a problem when I started a campaign for the USMC with the SB2C Helldiver. No matter what squadron I select I cannot play with the SB2C Helldiver. When I start the campaign I will always get a squadron equipped with the F4U Corsair.

I would appreciate help in this regard. Thanks in advance for replies.

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 06:51:28 PM »

Well, that's not supposed to happen. I will take a look. What CUP patch level are you at?

ricnunes

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 08:52:28 AM »

Well, I just downloaded and installed CUP the day before yesterday (Sunday, the 10th) so I guess that I should have the latest CUP version?

Now that I tried a bit more of your campaign, I sorry to say that the 2 sub-campaigns that I tried so far (USAAF and USMC pilot) are basically unplayable for me!
In the first mission of both campaigns the Frames per Second (FPS) are awfully low (unplayable) and even lowering the graphics doesn't seem to help. After this and for both campaigns I decided to skip the first mission (end and accept the first mission's results while still on the runway) and in the second mission my aircraft just blows up on the runway (and this happens in both campaigns as well).

Perhaps I did something wrong but as it is I'm sorry to say that your campaign is simply unplayable on my end :(

ol' Navy

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 04:11:04 PM »

I gotta concur with ricnunes' comment above.  Same with me.  I don't think that I have ever used DCG before, but it installed fine, campaign (USMC in the F4U) and it was unplayable.  Stuttering really doesn't describe it adequately.  Maybe I need to use the DCG panel to configure it some other way than I have done.  But - I have set most everything I could find to "moderate" or "sparse" so I'm not sure what else I can do.  Any response/recommendation to him or to me would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 05:12:30 PM »

Ok. let's look at one issue at a time. First, the stuttering...

By default, DCG is going to max out your configuration. You will need to dial it back in some cases, and my campaigns tend to be among those cases because I load a lot of planes and squadrons. The info below pertains to any DCG campaign, by the way.

To adjust the DCG settings...open DCG. On the main page, select Edit-->General Campaign Settings:

Try these settings for starters. The first three items in the left column are the issue. Squadron density is the most important of all. These settings will apply to any new campaign that you create. If you want to adjust an existing campaign though, make sure that your Rabaul campaign is the current active campaign and click the Generate Mission button. It will use the new settings going forward.

Let me know if this reduces/eliminates the stutter issue.

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 05:16:59 PM »

Next issue: exploding plane on runway. I am aware of this. Either there was a change to the Betty Bomber loadout in a recent update or I booted something, but that is the problem (see my reply #4 above). When you have exploding planes on the runway in any campaign it is almost always the loadout for some aircraft in the campaign. I have a fix and have tested it, and just now uploaded it to M4T. Same link as on the first post of this thread. You can safely recopy all of the files to your DCG directory but the only file that changed is Payloads.dcg. The new file will take effect for any new campaigns; if you want to apply the change to an existing campaign you will need to generate a new mission with DCG.

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 05:18:29 PM »

And another item...ricnunes, are you still unable to select the Helldiver? I could not duplicate that issue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 29 queries.