Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: P-38 Campaigns compatible witg CUP?  (Read 4730 times)

cmnderbob

• Up there the world is divided into bastards and suckers. Make your choice.
  • Flying since "Hellcats over the Pacific"
P-38 Campaigns compatible witg CUP?
« on: December 08, 2015, 05:12:25 PM »

Hello gentlemen, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a P-38 campaign that will work in CUP? Thank you for any suggestions, Cheers, Bob
Bob

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: P-38 Campaigns compatible witg CUP?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 02:44:39 AM »

Hello gentlemen, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a P-38 campaign that will work in CUP? Thank you for any suggestions, Cheers, Bob

Since CUP has everything and the kitchen sink any campaign not written actually using CUP is likely to fall short.  Never mind, I suggest; do some searching, find what is out there and get the material.  Anything can be made compatible, enhanced and even created anew. - This is the SAS CUP Forum.  When it comes to combat campaigns we can do anything!

Need help, post some links here, send us what you have.  We need more people to start getting into Full Mission Builder.  CUP is made for users of Full Mission builder.  No more dicking around, make some notes and open up that FMB!  8)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 03:06:05 AM »

easy way to find out: grab campaign, install normally, fire each mission into FMB singularily and see what happens; if you get error messages during loading of the mission in FMB, you will know which things will not work in CUP....pretty easy :)
of course you will miss advanced 4.12 stuff like newer AI, taxy to takeoff etc....but still worth a try

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 03:46:07 AM »

easy way to find out: grab campaign, install normally, fire each mission into FMB singularily and see what happens; if you get error messages during loading of the mission in FMB, you will know which things will not work in CUP....pretty easy :)
of course you will miss advanced 4.12 stuff like newer AI, taxy to takeoff etc....but still worth a try

Exactly Phil - Then as we get together a database of avalable material we put them through the CUP-Custom shop if they need it!  ;D

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 04:14:01 AM »

That is what i am doing right now Simon :) i will post a short campaigning guide later this day dealing with my experiences with non CUP designed campaigns :)

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 04:36:28 AM »

Looking forward to that Griffon - btw a lot of the 4.13 missions and campaigns appear to work with CUP
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 05:11:56 AM »

Looking forward to that Griffon - btw a lot of the 4.13 missions and campaigns appear to work with CUP

Can we gather them together somehow and stick them somewhere?

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 06:00:04 AM »

that is my idea and intention for the thread I am going to open :)
I have gathered quite a few good campaigns and tested some of their missions in a CUP FMB environment and the results were encouraging :) even some new 4.13 campaigns work, provided they use aircraft or features that are not 4.13 only....

vonofterdingen

• Missioneer
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 12:04:21 PM »

You can select the P-38 as your aircraft in the War over Italy campaign.  I will also be posting a Rabaul campaign later this week that will contain the P-38 as a plane selection.

cmnderbob

• Up there the world is divided into bastards and suckers. Make your choice.
  • Flying since "Hellcats over the Pacific"
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 01:33:43 PM »

Thank you all very much for your input I will make some attempts at putting something together I'll learn as I go. vonofterdingen I look forward to your Rabaul campaign. Ant thanks Monty27 and all of you CUP Geniuses. Bob
Bob

Hairog

• http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497358116
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2015, 01:09:18 PM »

America's Ace of Aces 3.1 is compatible. I'm working on getting the correct maps and planes incorporated that were not available until recently but it works last time I tried it.

It's time to fly the Lighting again.

This is version 3.1 of America's Ace of Aces enhanced with video tracks. Hopefully the videos add to the historical feel and accuracy of this campaign following in the footsteps of America's greatest pilot and greatest plane.

Just over the Wisconsin border from Illinois is the most stolen sign in America. It reads Bong Recreation Area. 99% of the people you ask will have no idea who or what the area is named after.

It's a shame that the greatest fighter pilot America has ever produced is all but forgotten and his name has become a joke.

This is just my attempt to educate a small number of you as to the life and times of Richard Ira Bong, America's Ace of Aces. His record 40 kills in the Pacific Theater will never be surpassed. This unlikely farm boy from Poplar Wisconsin became a super star and then faded into the history books. He deserves more than 15 min of fame.

I have recreated all of Bong's successful missions. If you equal or surpass Bong's record with all the realism options turned on without do overs and without using the auto pilot you have accomplished a major feat and should be proud of your simulated flying skill.

This campaign is complex and requires a powerful computer and video card. It was done with IL2FB+PF Combined Install version 4.09.

Mission Bong29 (Rivals Together) is very complex. You might want to try out your computer on this one first if you plan on doing the campaign.

I was having fun trying to make a realistic invasion scene and it got out of hand. Feel free to tone it down if you know how. Much of what is going on is not relevant to your mission as a pilot. Just invasion craft, bunkers, BB and CAs shelling each other etc. It's a hoot. Look around using the Cnt F2 command as I have placed some fixed cameras.

I have tried to recreate as accurately as possible the circumstances faced by Dick Bong in his 2 year onslaught of the Japanese armed forces. I have had to use different maps because many of the areas that Bong fought in are not represented in the game yet. Areas such as Northern New Guinea, Rabal, Borneo, the Philippine Islands of Negros, Mindoro and Leyte have not been modelled yet.

I have found very similar areas on other maps that fit the bill however. By using the southern part of New Guinea I was able to recreate the Lae area farther to the north; by using the Singapore map I could recreate similar conditions to the Philippine islands etc. I think you will get the feel of the historical area and conditions.

The folder BongMissionTracks goes in the US folder that is in the Campaign folder that is in the Mission folder.

The P38J, P38L and P38L_Late folders go in the skins folder that is in the PaintSchemes folder.

Three books were instrumental in providing the historical facts for this endeavor...

Ace of Aces, The Dick Bong Story - Written by Carl Bong and Mike O'connor
Dear Mom So We Have A War by Carl Bong
Dick Bong Ace of Aces by Gen. George Kenney

A true mission where Bong is out of ammo but sees another P-38 in trouble. He feathers his engine to simulate damage, gets in between the Zero and the other Lightning, Dog Fights with one engine long enough for the other guy to get away, starts his engine and makes his escape. True hero stuff. Probably the best pilot ever.

God I love the Lightning!
World War Three 1946 Ebook-http://www.amazon.com/dp/1497358116

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 06:26:19 PM »

Great news.  I loved this campaign first time around... 8)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 27 queries.