Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Operational Aircraft spreadsheet  (Read 4812 times)

Gubi

• Flying Ass Clown #34
  • Modder
  • RIP
Operational Aircraft spreadsheet
« on: November 11, 2015, 01:06:46 PM »

Hello Gentlemen. 

For lack of a better place I opted to post here, move as desired.  My baby is my DBW and I have amassed almost every aircraft available in IL-2 into it.  That being said, this subject is not confined to DBW.  What I present here is a spreadsheet covering the years 1936 through (a somewhat hypothetical) 1946 and the numbers of aircraft available during those years.  An explanation for "available":  Using production figures, I took into account things like time for introduction to service and assimilation.  Generally I assumed 50% of production becoming operational (exceptions made, of course), and the carry over from year to year, assuming roughly a 50% attrition during wartime (again exceptions made case by case).  Nevertheless, what I've hoped to do, by presenting it here, is give other Il2 freaks and maybe even mission makers an idea of the relative "availability" of a particular aircraft during a particular year, and the air forces who used the type.  The only aircraft included in the table are ones that I have actively working in my DBW.  The modding community has produced a milestone in the breadth of types of aircraft in the sim world.  Almost every "important" aircraft is now available.  One notable gap I see, is the span between the time of the Japanese Ki-21 and Ki-67.  The Ki-49 is missing, unashamable hint hint.

Any comments and discussion are welcome.  Be advised that there have been a number of assumptions made.  I have thick skin and am comfortable discussing and addending this with proper backup.

https://www.mediafire.com/download/0m4xlekj7hf2xow/Production36-46.zip

thanx to Skylla for the mediafire link.

Cheers
Gubi
I am a moron.

OberstDanjeje

Re: Operational Aircraft spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 12:10:01 AM »

Just let me say wow!!!!

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Operational Aircraft spreadsheet
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 11:20:57 AM »

very interesting :D
thanks guys - appreciated, muchly ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 24 queries.