Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing UP3 RC4 over IL-2 v4.12+  (Read 26699 times)

robert31178

Re: Installing UP3 RC4 over IL-2 v4.12+
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 11:02:41 AM »

I have a question. How come we aren't supposed to run the widescreen support?

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 01:37:12 PM »

The reason is that enabling the JSGME Widescreen option will kick back UP3 to version RC2. The result will be an incompability with Mods & Fixes (Patch Pack) developed for version RC4.

Believe me, you don't want that ;)

To enable Widescreen support, please install the "Ecran Wide Mod for v4.10.1". It can be found here for example.

Best Regards,
skylla
When all else fails: read the instructions!

robert31178

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 02:29:19 PM »

OH!!! Good deal, thank you!!!

*edit* I DL'd from the link and I could not get it to work. I didn't suffer any game crashes, but no widescreen :-( I only activated UP 3.0 from JSGME, then Ecran's. Game patch path was 4.07m megapatched to 4.10.1, the the 4.10.1 to RC4 patch. I do have 4hCrashH's wing mod, but I pulled it out to make sure that wasn't the problem.

I'm also noticing weird stuff going on. We can't see scores on the end of mission screen for co-ops, and for some reason I recall having shared ship kills and damaged ship points, neither of those are happening either. Apparently I am a mess......grrrr.....

Thanks for all the help so far everyone, I would be LOST without y'all!!

~S

robert31178

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2017, 03:08:42 PM »

One other stab in the dark, but I did try the widescreen enabler that comes with the JSGME with the RC4 download. Storebror has mentioned before that it screws stuff up. If I tried to use it then turned it off would it have left stuff screwed up?

robert31178

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 09:42:56 PM »

Ok, here is what I found. A friend of mine gave me a different Ecran widescreen, linked here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?0r9rai7ivay106v

This one worked, I was able to run 4.10.1 UP3.0 RC4 in widescreen by using the above link. So far all is good in the world of UP3 :-) Thanks everyone!!!!

~S

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 01:37:39 AM »

hi robert,

for one problem please stay in one thread ;)

To answer a few questions:
Do I need the "unobfuscated" thingy to run it [Ecran Wide v4.10.1, as seen here]?
of course you do.
however, if you have the Patch Pack installed then that Mod is already included.

I tried the Ecran widescreen mod for 4.10.1 but it did not work for me
Did you alter the resolution in the conf.ini?
Code: [Select]
width=1920
height=1080
The Ecran Wide Mode doesn't change your resolution, it just enables Widescreen support ;)

I did try the widescreen enabler that comes with the JSGME with the RC4 download [...] If I tried to use it then turned it off would it have left stuff screwed up?
No, it shouldn't do that.
Enabling this Mod will replace the "up_ultra.sfs" file with another version. Once it is disabled again, JSGME will replace the "new" sfs with the "old" one again.

robert31178

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2017, 09:38:46 AM »

Thank you for the responses, and sorry for being all over the place lol....I was trying to match my problem with the appropriate thread so I wouldn't get flamed....guess we can all see how that worked out  :)

I didn't do any patch packs, but the Ecran version I linked is working on stock RC4. Not sure if that breaks stuff, is so would you please be kind enough to explain it a little to me? I am brand new to modding rc4, and not all that great at modding 4.12.2 with VP, but I am starting to catch on. Seems like RC4 is another slightly different beast to learn!!

~S

SAS~Skylla

• SAS Team
  • Flying Ass Clown N°24
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2017, 10:55:28 AM »

Thank you for the responses, and sorry for being all over the place lol....I was trying to match my problem with the appropriate thread so I wouldn't get flamed
Don't worry, no hard feelings ;)

I didn't do any patch packs, but the Ecran version I linked is working on stock RC4. Not sure if that breaks stuff, is so would you please be kind enough to explain it a little to me?
Ok, I'll try my best:

The UP3 Modpack "as is" comes in obfuscated code. Obfuscation means that all the classes, methods and variables are renamed when compiled. The result is that any new software part/Modder which/who doesn't know the new names won't be able to refer to anything .. and therefore stuff wont work.

On the other hand however there are Mods which will work with obfuscation as they are referencing the obfuscated class/method/variable names.

My guess is now that the Ecran Wide Mod your friend linked to you was developed for obfuscated UP3; therefore it works in your untouched installation.

That being said, there's only a very small amount of Mods working this way .. so in case you want to install more in any case you should install the UP3 Patch Pack as it overrides all the obfuscated code with the "original", unobfuscated one (and fixes quite a lot of bugs).

robert31178

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2017, 06:44:15 PM »

Ok Skylla, thank you very much!!! I think I understand now!! Patch with the patch packs so I can mod 3.0 :-)

~S

fatty_finn

• Modder
  • "no idea"
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2018, 07:14:21 AM »

Hi Mike
I'm a new convert to UP3.
Thanks for all the work you put into this mod - a wonderful addition to our game.
 I've just installed it, including patch pack 301,  into a totally vanilla ver4 101m.
All seems to work fine-and I love the mod for properly darkened nights!

Only one small problem with my install:  I cant get wide-screen to work.
I've attempted all the wide-screen solutions offered in this thread- but no joy.
My monitor is AOC 2560x1440, and my conf.ini includes
[window]
width=2560
height=1440
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=1
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=1
Use3Renders=0
I have had no problems with wide-screen rendering, in other Il2 versions [eg BAT 3.3, or 4.13 modact 6]
any advice?   f_f

fatty_finn

• Modder
  • "no idea"
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2018, 07:51:10 AM »

oops - ignore my last post
just solved the wide-screen problem, by copying my conf ini from my 4.13 modact 6, into my UP3/4.101
dont know why that works, but c'est la vie !
f_f
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 26 queries.