Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Ki-44-II Pack  (Read 52305 times)

sakai

• Modder
Re: Ki-44-II Pack
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2015, 09:06:33 AM »

Just a suggestion : is it possible to get the reflector gunsisht for the Otsu Late? On most of the pictures and profiles, this model doesn't have a telescopic gunsight.
thanks for this pack

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2015, 01:47:03 AM »

Sorry, I think it would be unhistorical.

I already did all researches and I trust in current configuration.

GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

sakai

• Modder
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2015, 09:21:45 AM »

thanks for your answer.... I've consulted a few books on the subject and it is mainly said the the model Otus is normalyy fitted with a tubular gunsight but many of them were retrofitted with a reflector one....
I've just finished my pack of tojo from the 85th sentai (I'll post it very soon) and most of them are Ki-44-II Otsu and have a reflector gunsight (Saito's plane for example) On Millmann's book, the excellent profiles of few model Otsu have a reflector gunsight. That's why I've suggested to have this kind of gunsight on the model Otsu late (but, as there is nt many differecies beteween the model otsu and the hei, it's always possible to use the second one)

thanks for your work on that plane. I hope you'll like my work with this skinpack

D.Rasta

• 4.12.2m + HSFX 7.03
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2015, 10:01:48 AM »

(but, as there is nt many differecies beteween the model otsu and the hei, it's always possible to use the second one)

I think so too...

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2015, 01:05:03 AM »

On Millmann's book, the excellent profiles of few model Otsu have a reflector gunsight.

I reviewed my copy of Millman's book and found only one Otsu having reflector gunsight: that at bottom of page 57, showing a Ki-44-II Otsu belonging to 3rd Chutai, 70th Sentai, August 1944.

(but, as there is nt many differecies beteween the model otsu and the hei, it's always possible to use the second one)

Actually, in game an Otsu with reflector gunsight would be virtually identical to Hei. Would make no sense even keeping a separate slot for it (Otsu Late).

I hope you'll like my work with this skinpack

Unfortunately, I notice that your skins are always "personalized" (IIRC). I make almost exclusively DGen campaign, so I need "generic" skins (although for the generic 85th Sentai skin I'm still unsure if leave or not the fine kanji of Wakamatsu on its tail...).

At any rate, the true problem right now is that I'm stuck with the umpteenth idiosyncrasy of Asura's DGen, in the making of my Ki-44 dedicated campaign, and it's impossible to get any true help from him.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2015, 08:35:33 AM »

for people who like to use this pack with CUP WAW module, make sure to rem out the classfiles that come with vampireĀ“s hidden KI-44 pack; they are located in the !0000_Classfiles folder within WAW; without remming them out, these birds here do not work as they should (meaning no new loadouts, no reflector gunsight, etc...)

EDIT: It is a little more difficult than that! I just found out that even when following my first advice, the II Otsu will not show the whole weapons loadout;
so what I did is the following: copy and paste ALL CLASSFILES from this pack into the !000_Classfiles folder (or whatever it is named in your install), let it overwrite (a total of 10 files) as asked; and then when finished, delete the 20 files you have just copied over again (the copied files should still be highlighted, making the selection easy);
no problems for now :) if any creep up, I will let you guys know...

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2015, 09:46:00 AM »

This is really great, thank you!!!

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2015, 01:35:59 AM »

only just found these now, while still playing catch-up after a lengthy absence, and they're awesome - big thanks, greybeard!  8)

while on the subject of Ki-44's, wasn't there a mod that added additional, asymmetrical loads, such as one wing DT, one wing bomb....i know there was one for the Ki-43's, but can't recall if it was done for the Ki-44's.? would be cool, not sure on historical accuracy, but certainly cool, lol  :D
what was that mod? anyone remember what i'm referring to.....?
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2015, 02:44:46 AM »

... on the subject of Ki-44's... asymmetrical loads, such as one wing DT, one wing bomb....i know there was one for the Ki-43's... would be cool, not sure on historical accuracy, but certainly cool, lol  :D.

Sorry Malone, that's not my philosophy; I'm an history nut! :)

There's no historical evidence that Shoki ever carried asymmetrical loads, nor that it could carry. God bless who have fun mixing and matching "cool" things, but personally I've horror of that and try to avoid by all means.

Cheers,
GB

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2015, 08:30:14 AM »

all good, mate - you must mod what you believe in, after all... :D
i'll enjoy these as they are!   8)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

ddr

• Earth is a beautiful blue globe with no borders
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2016, 09:35:47 AM »

Hello, I have 4.13.2+modact 6.1... and a 60% ctd in game loading with ki-44 :)
maybe I missed somethig during installation of this beautiful mod, I've de-activated all other mods and all non "original" sfs modact files from sfs_auto, but still 60% ctd... what I'm wrong?
thank you
Earth is a beautiful blue globe with no borders

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2016, 10:12:00 AM »

This Mod has an icon 413.
But no message confirms it.
And you report an error, but you will not provide any information.
Although everyone knows that 60% generally corresponds to an incompatibility with the buttons or external FM.
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 28 queries.