Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Cockpit Sound Effects for v4.12.2  (Read 17635 times)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Cockpit Sound Effects for v4.12.2
« on: September 29, 2015, 07:56:41 PM »

Updated 2016/12/26, formal release for v4.12.2 of the Game, Jets and SAS Engine MOD v2.7.1w Compatible.

For a long time this MOD had been in a standby status. Now I have included full compatibility with EngineMOD 2.7.1 (currently released by Western). Now I normalized the Presets and the environent characteristic that in previous release created weird behaviours. FastJets and their helmets are properly managed and now hearing the sounds is very natural.

Previous reference of this MOD:

Original Post:

Some time ago I started a MOD originally oriented to replace the ambient sounds (only because an easier way of implementing it) of CY6.

I had adapted the Freddy's Oxygen Mask for 4.10 a long time ago, and I have started working over it. Finally I abandoned the idea of the ambient MOD because it was quite complicated to implement different sounds.

But finally I decided to enrich the sound effects in cockpit. So I made this MOD which inherits most of the Freddy's features, changing some behavior plus adding new sounds. These are:

-Breathing very loudly if you are over 3000m (in Il-2 game it means with oxygen mask, and <3000 no mask), as it really is when you wear a mask. I expanded the G over limit sound to affect when you are flying under 3000m too, because tight maneuvers affect pilots at lower altitude too.

-Updated: If you (the pilot, the gunner or wherever position you are) get wounded you will hear a scream. Perhaps a little alarmistic, and it could go against the idea that Man Don't Cry, but being hit by a big bullet always is very painful.   Now in a multi-crew plane, you would be able to hear the screams of other members of the crew if they got injured. It will be much more dramatic that just receiving a message log saying "Ventral gunner wounded", etc.

-Updated: There are three different types of screams: for own pilot, for other crew member and even for death.

-If the health of the pilot (or gunner) is affected, you will start hearing a heart beat in background.

-If the health of the pilot (or the gunner) is very affected, what the game calls "Heavily wounded", you will hear not only the heart beat but a difficult breathing sound too.

-Updated: Some users reported problems listening to these sounds. I confirmed that they were very dependant on the noise of your plane. I adapted it in some way that the much the noiser your engines are, the louder they are played. Now everything is perfectly hearable in practically any circumstance (heavy flak doesn't give you the chance of hearing anything).

Later features:

-We have brand new breathing sounds with samples made by Steve (stratodog) which are wonderful. We have for mask, Positive G, Negative G, etc.

-I have included the StressFX sounds but I'm not so happy with it. I only made some of those noises available and adapted in a better implemented way of mapping the sounds.

-Now the servo motor turrets are only heard when Top (Dorsal) or Ventral turrets are moving. I know that for many planes (german ones and old ones) this is not proper, but if not tens of checking of what plane is the one which is shooting are required.

-I edited a new sample for the Shells falling that I think is quite good.

-I balanced a lot the volume of the sounds to allow them to be heard in most conditions without affecting or hiding other environemental effects.

Credits:

Stratodog for recording live the new mask / breathing sounds, Freddy for the original Mask MOD and the GStress coming from Burn, based on Tiger33 work

Freddy from Histomod, who originally developed the Oxygen Mask MOD.

Comments: a class as the one adapted by me (I mean: original Freddy's work was 4.09) is included in AI and Hotkeys MOD, and I suppose that it is my adapted one. But if you load the CockpitSounds MOD after the AI MOD, it will use only the basic Freddy's features (at most), so you have to load this new MOD of mine before any AI and Hotkeys MOD to have it fully operative.

Regards,
                         Pablo

PD: if any of you has an idea of other sound effects possible, just tell me.

GroteVogel35

Re: Cockpit Sound Effects for v4.12.2 (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 08:49:17 AM »

I can confirm the sexy screaming works on modact 6.01. But it occured to me the constipation sound is now a little vague..very silent. Maybe realistic, but I liked it to hear my pilot under pressure ;D

Anyway nice mod! sounds should not be forgotten for the immersion!

arthuro12

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 10:09:34 AM »

Very nice sounds! The breathing is tense to hear, especially in combat :)

The stress sounds like the creaking of my ovendoor though! :p

Yaroslav

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 03:47:13 PM »

Mask sound...I can't hear may be another plane? Thanks!
BBC POCC

GroteVogel35

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 06:50:54 AM »

Mask sound...I can't hear may be another plane? Thanks!

Use Benitomuso's former mod version: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,19887.0.html
The 'mask sound' is louder in that one.

Fox9

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 05:31:41 PM »

Does it work with C.U.P ?

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 09:47:11 PM »

Sorry to bother asking how to partiallt disable some sounds!

But I really like all sounds and voices apart those of my pilot....I feel strange hear a breath and other life sounds from me different from mine....

How can I disable my sounds (breath mask and wounds) without disable the others?

Again sorry for asking such thing about such great work!

OverDhill

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 05:09:08 AM »

I just installed IL-2 1946 CUP Jet Age with the latest files and enabled this MOD. I do not hear these sounds so is this suppose to work with CUP?

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 06:02:34 AM »

I just installed IL-2 1946 CUP Jet Age with the latest files and enabled this MOD. I do not hear these sounds so is this suppose to work with CUP?

Essentially it works in CUP, I have been using it from the realease of CUP. The most probable cause of your problem is some other MOD which loads over this one.

Regards, Pablo

OverDhill

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 06:29:12 PM »

Well I have no other MOD's enabled in JSGME but this one and it does not work. Not sure whats up. This is a fresh install of

SAS Modact 5.3 for IL-2 4.12.2m

C.U.P. Module-01 - Map Expansion (MME) up to SAS-MME14

CUP Module 01 SAS-MME LATEST

C.U.P. - Module 04 - The Jet Age (JTW) up to Pt09B - COMPATIBILITY

I have been conversing with another guy on Facebook who uploaded this video and said it was working until recently when CUP was updated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnd9dseGA9w

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2016, 07:09:11 PM »

I don't have enough time of testing C.U.P. and its JTW....
May its SAS Engine MOD 2.7 part inside make conflicting to Pablo's Cockpit sound mod?

How about installing single SAS Engine MOD 2.7 and its my patch of Cockpit sound mod compatible one ?

SAS Engine Mod v2.7 for 4.12.2m + Buttons 10.5 test
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,37774.0.html
SAS Engine MOD 2.7 patch western 05/Feb./2016 (You have to choose one fitting your needs from the list)
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,39075.0.html
Its 04/May/2016 ALPHA (when you like -- fixing some problems, but not stable, not tested enough)
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=39075.msg558838#msg558838

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
Re: Cockpit Sound Effects for v4.12.2
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2016, 05:31:43 AM »

Updated First Post with new release for Jets and EngineMOD v2.7.1w:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,48628.msg532091.html#msg532091

You just have to install it over the plain (no need of Pablo's Cockpit Sounds version, because now it is included here) of Western EngineMOD v2.7.1w:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,52489.0.html

It now works with Jets, has well balanced sounds, etc.

Regards, Pablo
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 27 queries.