Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CY6 Command and Control & CUP- what works and what does not  (Read 2275 times)

smg13

CY6 Command and Control & CUP- what works and what does not
« on: September 09, 2015, 01:47:08 PM »

Ok, so I have made a partial list of everything that I have tested and know it works in CUP from the C&C mod 3.031. I have a fresh CUP/WAW12 and 4.12 installation. No mods in jsgme are activated. And no other mods are in my installation.

I hope it helps the CUP team in future updates... and maybe, they get to include the CY6 mortar mod so FAC works "out of the box".  ;)

WORKS:
gunner
radio operator
spotter
corckscrew
box
artillery
high recon
low recon
error
aimpoint
serrate
flengsburg
naxos
surface search

FAC - It works but need some other CY6 mods to be in the #WAW folder: CY6 mortar mod

PROBABLY WORKS:
AFAC - I am sure it is the same situation as FAC... it needs another of CY6's mods to properly function.

DOES NOT WORK:
oboe
h2s

PROBABLY DOES NOT WORK:
Vector

The rest of the C&C features I still need to do some testing...

Zoran395

• Mapper
Re: CY6 Command and Control & CUP- what works and what does not
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 07:51:51 AM »

Just did some testing and the following also work:

OBS
NAV
Stormfront
DynWeather
RdmWeather
RdmTime
RdmPlanes
RdmPlanes2

Dimlee

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 03:57:13 PM »

C&C v3.04
CUP WAW Pt.20

DZ(Dead Zone) - OK
AimPoint - OK
DynamicWeather - OK.  I have "suspicion" that DWInterval doesn't work, but may be I'm wrong.
StormFront - OK, but the weather can worsen at much larger distance than 50 km bands (as mentioned in manual).

Zoran395

• Mapper
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 04:46:25 AM »

I think the interval works, I've got it set to 20 minutes, it wakes you up on long flights when suddenly clouds appear out of nowhere!

Dimlee

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 03:58:53 PM »

I have put in 15 min as interval and in about 50 min flight have noticed the change just once. Bestclouds 2, worstclouds 6. However, may be I just didn't notice changes if they were small. Anyway, this is very good feature.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 05:33:05 PM »

Brilliant thread lads.  Thanks for testing these features and the very useful reports.  It seems that AI detection changes in 412 have buggered those features in C&C that rely on it.  SARCAP, RESCAP, RECON etc, but the rest of the package is still intact.

I value these features for my campaigns and recommend that more people experiment as you have.

Aioros

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 01:51:08 PM »

I'm agree with Dimlee I changed the DWInterval setting in the Dynamic weather object to 5,10 and 15 minutes but it doesn't work for those intervals, it seems that only the default 20 minutes interval works.

The vector object seems to work partially:

When you use it in the player's side: It causes "wingman indiscipline", to keep your Schwarm in formation you must issue the Rejoin command every certain time.

When you use it in the AI only side (Agressor): it works great to simulate a ground controled interception by enemy forces.

According to the manual (page 6), the vector object  uses the same variables as the GCI object, but in a test I changed the variable "GCIRange" and it didn't seem to change the detection range of the object.

Artillery: That object works great and it is a beautiful thing to see it in action.

Dead zone: Definitely works

FAC: works partially, Only the variable "FACDelay" seems to be broken, despite beign correctly set, the message "requesting a CAS at grid X" appears, early in the mission, it would be great to change the smoke color of the target marker, an unrealistic thing (In my opinion) is that when the FAC marks a moving vehicle the smoke is emitted continuously by the vehicle.

Dynamic Bomber stream: It works, the AI releases its bombs far of the guiding object (wagon8, see page 20 of the manual) it seems that the object was designed to simulate the bombing of cities (RAF) not "precission" bombing (USAAF).Its hard to keep a thight formation with this object, the object assigns altitudes between 5000 and 6000 meters for the bomber stream.

Dynamic Strike: Works but not for every plane with a bomb.

Barrage: Works but the FPS cost of using it is too high in my opinion.

GCI: Works.

RGCI: Works.

Ground observer: Works.

Gunner: Works.

Spotter: I have not tested it, but would be great to expand its functionality to single seat fighters.

Ground Attack: Works.

Soldiers: Works (I have only tested SLD not SLD2)

RdmTime: Works.
Only change is constant.

Dimlee

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 02:14:50 PM »

Just couple of remarks about two working functions: Aimpoint and StormFront.

Aimpoint / AimpointError - it seems there is a lot of randomness here. For example, I keep AimpointError 30m for number of bomber flights, then run the mission several times, record and watch results. Same group of bombers hit a target precisely in one mission run, but miss it by 100+ m in the next one, then drop bombs very close, then miss again, etc. I like that, actually. AIs should not be perfect, right?  ;)

StormFront - It seems that once the threshold distance reached (50 km from the object or usually more) and the weather worsens, it never improves until the mission ends, doesn't matter how far your plane flies away from the StormFront object. I tried to imitate typhoon weather in Pacific. Getting closer to danger zone and then escape... But bloody typhoon follows me always, damned!  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 28 queries.