Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: DEVELOPMENT THREAD - DAWN OF FLIGHT CAMPAIGNS  (Read 51241 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - DAWN OF FLIGHT
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 09:07:48 PM »

@ ol' Navy and whizkid

There is no autopilot, no waypoints, no artificial help.

Recon points on the map give you an idea of where to head for and how to get back but otherwise its hand-flying all the way.

Please make sure you have checked you settings under Difficulty:

This is the sub menu that opens up with the little toggle switches and lights.  Get to it from QMB and the sim will remember your settings.

Flight Model
OFF
- Torque & Gyro Effects
OFF - Flutter Effect

Misc
OFF
- No Instant Success
ON - Vulnerability
ON - Takeoff and Landing
ON - Realistic Landings
ON - Realistic Navigation

...have updated the first place to clarify these points.

kingsley

• Retired
  • My House Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 11:45:26 PM »

I believe you had it in black and white before. Oh by the way did a good job grabbed them early works great

kingsley

• Retired
  • My House Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 11:47:21 PM »

Part One is up now.  Rather than wait any longer for the whole collection you can all have these now and just bear with me, Part Two is on its way, then Three and Four.  Nine more, of the remaining twenty-four, are actually complete now but I want to release them by date order in complete sets of eight. ;D

Get going no choking chicken

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2015, 02:25:24 AM »

Hi Kingsley

As you know some of them will be conversions from earlier versions so we have a lot of the material already.  However, they have all been written and assembled again.  The DOF flightline has greatly improved and expanded since those early days.  ;D

Simon

ol' Navy

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 06:38:34 AM »

Hey, Ol'Navy, looks like we both are suffering from the same problem! And I don't mean constipation! I'm 84yrs old in November, so if you run fast enough you might catch up!
Anyway, exactly the same stuff is happening with my Missions, no matter which country I fly for. I can't even fly forward, just vertically downward. Really weird. Ah, well, maybe Monty'll come to the rescue.
Don't forget your All Bran tonite, OK?

Damn, you are old.  Now I feel a little (not much) better.  Misery loves company as they say.

ol' Navy

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 06:39:15 AM »

Thanks for the help.  I am gonna try those and see what happens.  appreciate it.

spartan18a

• Supporter
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 11:24:58 AM »

Super thanks
Winning is optional, but trying your best is not.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 02:09:03 PM »

Hello guys!

I have made this a sticky so that people can easily find the first set of campaigns for CUP DOF :)

cheers
phil

ol' Navy

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2015, 06:29:13 PM »

I am very sorry guys.  I know y'all work your rear ends off on this stuff and believe me it is really appreciated.  But - I still can't get most of this to work.  I already had the above mentioned Flight Model and Misc stuff set as recommended.  I tried reinstalling DOF, re downloaded and unzipped these campaigns, even manually copyed the campaigns into the game folder, started them over (obviously) and I still end up nose first into the ground after exploding,  or even engulfed in the dreaded "snowstorm" with no a/c or anything visible except the snowy horizon.  These are results of starting (trying to start) campaigns for the Royal Flying Corps or the French AF.  Funny thing is that I can generate missions in QMB with the same aircraft, but they are always air starts.  Single missions have the same problems as above.  I don't usually play DOF, just WAW, but since there has been mention of WAW campaigns coming, I just wanted to try and get my problems ironed out before they arrive, and maybe solving my difficulties before they are published.  Thanks again for listening to my tales of woe.  I am trying, believe me, but I just can't seem to get it right. 

whizkid

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2015, 07:06:25 PM »

I'm sorry to say that I have the same problems as Ol'Navy, but only in the beginning of the French Campaigns. With the first two I'm vertically dug in the ground, then the Training scenario I'm OK, but the rest I seem to have reversed landscapes with the sky underneath and the airfield on top! I had WAW installed but uninstalled it thinking it might affect DOF, but no changes. Also I get WAW splash screens when I start DOF not the old screen of a German biplane in front of a tent. Guess I'll have to re-install all of DOF as per Montys posts and see if things change. Bloody frustrating as I really want to play his Campaigns!

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2015, 11:46:30 PM »

As I have said, time and again - Your problem is due to Difficulty Settings - REALISTIC TAKEOFF AND LANDINGS is required.  Please look at your Difficulty Settings again.

ol' Navy

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 07:13:33 PM »

As I have said, time and again - Your problem is due to Difficulty Settings - REALISTIC TAKEOFF AND LANDINGS is required.  Please look at your Difficulty Settings again.

Thank you for your response.  This evening, I selected realistic rather than easy (Easy is my usual selection) and it lit up all the selections.  Now,  except for Torque & Gyro, Limited Fuel, Bomb Fuzes, Fragile Torpedos, Realistic Rocket Spread, Shared Kills and Historically Restricted Shared Kills,  everything else is lit up except the things under Views.  None of those are.  Then I tried to start the campaign in Royal Flying Corps and first thing I knew I was headed straight into the air, pieces flying off, then headed straight to the ground, exploded and it said, of course, that my primary and secondary missions had failed.  Could not start the engine to try to pull out, A wouldn't work.  What have I done wrong.  I am trying my butt off but I am beginning to believe this is more than I can handle.  Thanks again for any advice, or just tell me to get lost.  I know you have other, better things to do rather than mess with me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries.