Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: DEVELOPMENT THREAD - DAWN OF FLIGHT CAMPAIGNS  (Read 51234 times)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
DEVELOPMENT THREAD - DAWN OF FLIGHT CAMPAIGNS
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:46:11 AM »

All of my Dawn of Flight campaigns, designed to cover the entire period of the First World War, have been meticulously re-written and tested for B.A.T.  Many new campaigns have been added as well.  Featuring new effects, scenery, objects and aircraft, each set will packaged by 'Service' in chronological order.  The first set to be completed is the French L'Armée D'Air.  Currently I am working through these, putting them into sets, packing up the missions and skins.

The first 39 Campaigns are ready - France, Germany and Great Britain (Royal Flying Corps/RAF and Royal Navy RNAS).

BAT-DOF CAMPAIGNS PART-01
https://www.mediafire.com/?88d6zt3bc3p00d8

NOTAMS:
Please disregard British campaign "The Reckoning" - This is still WIP and will be presented in the next package.

DOF-FRANCE

DOF-GERMANY

DOF-GREAT BRITAIN

DOF-OTHER NATIONS

Coming soon...

Zoran395

• Mapper
Re: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - DAWN OF FLIGHT
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 08:09:13 AM »

This looks absolutely gorgeous!
Thank you!
I really enjoyed your BoB campaign and this looks to have all the features I like (such as the windsock and wind set in the missions).
I will have to get to #DOF but I am so busy with #WAW ... first World problems I guess  ;)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 08:18:31 AM »

Hi Zoran

I'm working through them in chronological order, then onto the next modules, right through WWII, Europe (BoB is being re-done for CUP), the Pacific, the Western Desert, Korea, Vietnam, the Falklands, the Middle East...  I think the structured mission sets are important to put CUP into context and they really show off all the mods in the most effective way.

I did a LOT of dogfighting building these and (apart from the physical speed) merging, yoyo and rolling scissors with a Nieuport and Albatros was just the same as with a Wildcat and Zero or a Phantom II and a MiG 21!  You adapt to the different closure speeds and tradeoff better low speed handling.  But when you merge, as opposed to BVR, it comes down to the same rules: turn inside (or extend) and don't lose sight. 

The hardest thing was the reduced visibility, get a padlock going early though and you are on the roller coaster.  The AI is good too, dragging, bracketing, beaming, they know all the tricks and come at you from every angle.  8)

Part One is up now.  Rather than wait any longer for the whole collection you can all have these now and just bear with me, Part Two is on its way, then Three and Four.  Nine more, of the remaining twenty-four, are actually complete now but I want to release them by date order in complete sets of eight. ;D

eMeL

• Modder
  • Use it wisely my friend
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 08:51:49 AM »

:o YYYYYESSSSS!!!! :)

Makes goosebumps just reviewing the presentation. 10/10, very, very thorough work all the way mate, congrats!  8)
"Be excellent to each other" Bill and Ted

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 09:13:41 AM »

WOWWW!!!
just as I wanted to try and merge Motörhead´s PTO Dgen grand campaign with my modded slimmed PTO module for WAW you publish these campaigns...and I need to switch eras again :D

thank you very much Simon for these very interesting looking campaigns...

baggo

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 09:20:12 AM »

thanks monty this is the best flight sim bar none out there,for sheer quantity,quality,and all round playability nothing comes close to it,superb work mate,many thanks kev.

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 01:31:25 PM »

AT LAST!! DOF missions that work in my new-ish CUP installation. Many thanks, Monty. I'm really looking forward to the forthcoming campaigns.   ;D
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 02:14:52 PM »

Brilliant job, Simon!!!! 8)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 05:04:09 PM »

thanks monty this is the best flight sim bar none out there,for sheer quantity,quality,and all round playability nothing comes close to it,superb work mate,many thanks kev.

My thoughts exactly Kev!  ;D

Going through Part Two right now.  The later campaigns make available the more advanced high performance aircraft we are all familiar with.  The earlier stuff is more obscure and bloody hard.  I hope to illustrate how the air war develops with each subsequent scenario.

ol' Navy

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 06:23:16 PM »

I know that you dread hearing from me already, but, here goes - I downloaded, unzipped, etc.  Fired up DOF and tried some missions, both single and campaign.  Looked to be loading fine, mission started and then instantly I was nose forward into the dirt on each one.  Autopilot on made me just burrow in that much deeper.  On one I started OK it seemed, but then, again with autopilot one, I managed to come out of the dirt but landing gear stayed behind and I crashed.  Am I overlooking something installation or settings wise here?  Needless to say I haven't had the chance (or the time) to try each one so maybe this was just a fluke.  They were the British ones just for info.  The Somme I'm pretty sure.  Can't remember, but I was 73 today and I'm not too sure about breakfast this morning either. :)  Any advice for a now really old guy would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

whizkid

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 07:13:43 PM »

Hey, Ol'Navy, looks like we both are suffering from the same problem! And I don't mean constipation! I'm 84yrs old in November, so if you run fast enough you might catch up!
Anyway, exactly the same stuff is happening with my Missions, no matter which country I fly for. I can't even fly forward, just vertically downward. Really weird. Ah, well, maybe Monty'll come to the rescue.
Don't forget your All Bran tonite, OK?

nyali

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 08:42:41 PM »

really looking forward to trying these, many thanks Simon
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 28 queries.