Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: DEVELOPMENT THREAD - DAWN OF FLIGHT CAMPAIGNS  (Read 51245 times)

EHood

• Supporter
Re: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - DAWN OF FLIGHT
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2015, 09:48:13 PM »

I wish I could help, but I'm new to SAS myself, and the maps are completely beyond my ken. Terra incognita - begging your pardon. You might try looking in Tech Help: Using Mods, in the forum index. Alternatively, you could post the question in the New Member Safe Area. Perhaps someone there can steer you in the right direction.

A ya tsi-tsalagi.

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2015, 09:57:12 PM »

Since I'm in the neighborhood:

After sorting my problems with the single mission sets in Monty's set, I did test runs on the first couple of missions in each campaign. Things went well in all but the DE campaign, 1915_SCOURGE. To fly this campaign, at least in the Eindecker, you must select the rank of OBERST. Select a lower rank, and the player aircraft will be the Zeppelin.

:o

Any rank can be used for the FR, GB, RN, and RU campaigns.

;D
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2015, 08:19:07 AM »

Thanks EHood - Aircraft selection is now fixed and foolproof in the latest updated version.

THE NEXT EIGHT ARE READY

REQUIRES C.U.P.- Module 02 - Dawn of Flight Pt-08.RAR
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,48635.0.html

PART ONE - CampaignsDOF-01.RAR - UPDATED MISSIONS AND NEW CAMPAIGN GUIDE PDF
https://www.mediafire.com/?a8icb7cd1we877b

PART TWO - CampaignsDOF-02.RAR
https://www.mediafire.com/?lto2dtq3o033uh4

Adger

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2015, 05:49:34 AM »

Awesome work Monty just been flying the Flying circus campaign...great work love the aircraft skins,Thank you all for your hard work on C.U.P

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »

As always, a BIG THANK YOU Simon!  You are a major reason why this game is still enjoyable to many of us!!!

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2015, 04:42:12 PM »

As always, a BIG THANK YOU Simon!  You are a major reason why this game is still enjoyable to many of us!!!

Don't be daft Dennis, I'm bolting a few bits together in me spare time but only as a very small cog in a much bigger machine.  We all do our bit of tinkering, you included...  :-[

...speaking of which...

Enhance your campaigns immediately:
BRING ON THE SOUNDS!

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,48662.0.html

EHood

• Supporter
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2015, 05:00:49 PM »

Just a quick note of thanks, Monty27. Parts 7 and 8 for the DOF module installed just as they should, and test runs of missions in CampaignsDOF-2 also went well.

The guide included in the upgraded DOF-1 is especially appreciated. Speaking as a real (paper) book addict, I must say that the portions of the guide with the concise descriptions of the respective historical backgrounds for the  campaigns are well worth printing for future reference.

;D  ;D  ;D
A ya tsi-tsalagi.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2015, 06:20:56 PM »

Just a quick note of thanks, Monty27. Parts 7 and 8 for the DOF module installed just as they should, and test runs of missions in CampaignsDOF-2 also went well.

The guide included in the upgraded DOF-1 is especially appreciated. Speaking as a real (paper) book addict, I must say that the portions of the guide with the concise descriptions of the respective historical backgrounds for the  campaigns are well worth printing for future reference.

;D  ;D  ;D

I agree EHood, collecting so many scraps on notepad doing these projects, then clean off the desktop and add some pictures.  Its all good reference material.

Now we are over the initial hump of installing CUP and ironing out the procedures and a few inconsistencies, together through feedback, its all starting to work much more smoothly, and easily, as intended.

I'm really enjoying making insanely detailed missions again knowing that people have the stuff in place to see, and hear, what I'm seeing and hearing.  ;D

I hope this also encourages others to get into 412-FMB and share the results.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Crasher

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2015, 02:52:48 PM »

I have Monty's DOF Campaigns and very nice they are, with just one problem when I down a enemy the downed plane just keeps bouncing on the ground is there a setting I can stop this or is it just a IL2 thing ?

Thanks Monty and all for making this a great WW1 sim.

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2015, 08:45:13 PM »

I have Monty's DOF Campaigns and very nice they are, with just one problem when I down a enemy the downed plane just keeps bouncing on the ground is there a setting I can stop this or is it just a IL2 thing ?

I've noticed the same problem...  Not sure why it's happening.

lyteyr

Re: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - DAWN OF FLIGHT FIX
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2015, 07:40:34 AM »

For Mission load landscapre error message. I found the fix to be Hardware Shaders=1.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
Re: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - DAWN OF FLIGHT FIX
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2015, 03:27:57 PM »

For Mission load landscapre error message. I found the fix to be Hardware Shaders=1.

Thanks lyteyr, that's one for knowledge database.

I've noticed the same problem...  Not sure why it's happening.

Many of the skillful AI pilots make a softer crash landing because, especially with RFC and RNAS, they are denied parachutes and have to stay with it all the way in.  It may be that there are more occupied aircraft trying to crash land rather than abandoned aircraft plummeting into a smoking hole.  The Germans had chutes but they were not very reliable and often failed. - Consequently a few German aircraft do have chutes for the crew.

Also: the lighter airframes and slower crash speeds often leave a dazed or fatally wounded pilot sitting helplessly in a wrecked plane. 

However, I don't get odd bouncing behaviour.  Have you checked - 'Realistic Landings' in your difficulty settings?

It is also possible that there is a limitation in the game engine and that some aircraft are a bit light on their feet, the Eindecker comes to mind.

Still, if you are good enough to be getting kills then congratulations.  Generally if I see one drop away trailing smoke I'm too busy looking out for the next surprise and flying to play movie director!  8)

How about some screenshots of the scenes?  These models look absolutely brilliant in combat and the airfields are very busy too.  Many of the ground targets and battles use big explosive and smoke effects that you can see and hear from flight.  There are also some of the first tank assaults to witness in later campaigns (School of hard Knocks and Code of Honour).

Part Three will be out shortly, where we return to the Isonzo, combat the Zeppelin and Gotha raids on London, join the British in Palestine, Richthofen's Circus gets the Triplane and we re-visit developments, for all sides, on the Eastern Front...  ;D

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 24 queries.