Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: DEVELOPMENT THREAD - DAWN OF FLIGHT CAMPAIGNS  (Read 28439 times)

gmkump

Re: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - DAWN OF FLIGHT
« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2017, 09:55:07 PM »

Okay Monty, what the hell?  I'm test flying the Airco DH.2, thinking yea, finally a pusher aircraft I like.  Did a low altitude roll and was amazed.  Good speed, too bad no campaign for this one.  Woops, there is!  So on first mission of the AIRCO campaign (Time Will Tell #1), my eight friendlies run into a load of enemy.  As always, I think they pick on me.  Though your instructions said stick together, sometimes tough to do as you try to stay alive.

After my guns run dry, I noticed the last of my allies was shot down.  I was alone, and no ammo.  I had shot down two, but appeared six were still left and all coming for me.  I ran.  They were filling me with holes, one wing looked really sad. Skimmed the trees, getting shot at, weaving but trying to get in general direction of home, a long way off.

After some good distance north (needed to be going west), I felt I was safe and started gaining altitude, correcting course to base.  That is when I noticed the enemy started chasing me again, but they were so far back.  I dived to surface again and raced for home base. 

Near the field I weaved to get a look behind.  The DH.2 has that weakness, you can't see anything behind you!  And you know what!  They were still chasing me and had gained.   That was a long chase.

So I landed at base very quickly, forget about normal approach, and then turned off my engine.  Used external view to "stand" beside my aircraft and observed what the approaching enemy aircraft would do.  They kept coming!  No air alarms, no AAA?  I get it at their airfields, why can't they get it at mine?  They started to maneuver 1km out and one dived at my aircraft, firing as he approached!  What!   The airfield just watched.  Just before the bullets smacked into my parked aircraft, I hit escape, confirmed two kills, received a medal.

The AI needs to lighten up.  Come on, I'm parked at base.  Do they hate me that much?   Whew, that fight I won't forget for awhile.  I was so scared, I mean, concerned, and was on pins and needles until finally I was back at the roost.  The sole survivor.  And even then I wasn't safe.  There better be a duel mission in that campaign, because I want that guy that attacked my parked plane.  He has no honor.

thedogfighter

Re: MONTY'S CAMPAIGNS: - DAWN OF FLIGHT
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2017, 03:24:01 PM »

Well the same happenend to me lots of times playing IL2 WW2 regardless the mod i was using. Seems the usual IL2 AI chasing till the gates of the hell ;)

talhuman

Re: DEVELOPMENT THREAD - DAWN OF FLIGHT CAMPAIGNS
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2017, 03:57:26 AM »

Broken record here ,cannot get the Nieuport 28 C1 off the ground I have followed all instructions and it always noses over no other plane acts this way in my game.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Focus on the solution, not the problem.
    • Broadarrow Artwork
Re: DEVELOPMENT THREAD - DAWN OF FLIGHT CAMPAIGNS
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2017, 01:36:56 AM »

Broken record here ,cannot get the Nieuport 28 C1 off the ground I have followed all instructions and it always noses over no other plane acts this way in my game.

Why didn't you reply on the other thread where a full explanation was provided? 

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,55130.12.html

Jumping around threads with the same point is spamming.  In any case the full WWI package has been released now.  This is an out of date discussion, useful only as reference.  This thread is now locked.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.