Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about taxi to takeoff  (Read 1998 times)

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
Question about taxi to takeoff
« on: August 28, 2015, 02:04:15 PM »

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to IL2, got a question about taxi to takeoff vs auto pilot. In building missions I have noticed that when I do a taxi to takeoff my auto pilot doesn't work. If I manually takeoff cross the first waypoint, and select auto pilot, the plane will cut the throttle and turn back to the airfield. If I select auto pilot from the start, it tries to takeoff from the present position.

Is this normal for taxi to takeoff, or is it me doing something wrong?
4th Generation Intel

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
Re: Question about taxi to takeoff
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 02:25:07 AM »

Normally the autopilot should be perfectly able to do that.
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Godzyla

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 08:27:52 AM »

1) It  is normal, your plane will reach the last waypoint it didn't reach (in your case, a waypoint around the base).

2) I'm just curoius about the version you're using, I guess it is 4.11 (or modded version based on 4.11). In that version, AI (and autopilot) taxi was not implemented.

KevinHoggard

• Missioneer
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 11:05:54 PM »

1) It  is normal, your plane will reach the last waypoint it didn't reach (in your case, a waypoint around the base).

2) I'm just curoius about the version you're using, I guess it is 4.11 (or modded version based on 4.11). In that version, AI (and autopilot) taxi was not implemented.

Sorry Should have mentioned that huh... I'm using CUP

4th Generation Intel

Zoran395

• Mapper
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 12:45:36 AM »

I have seen the same behaviour, you have to start your engine, put your plane on the rails and then Autopilot would drive your plane to take off.
I have only used CUP/TFM 4.12 (... sorry, not quite true, I bought FB and played it a bit back in 2002 !)
I am also yet to figure out how AI dodge each other and my good self when taxiing: so far I have to keep my eyes peeled to watch the traffic!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 28 queries.