Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Papua_New Guinea_ Australia 1942  (Read 11243 times)

dpeters95

• Modder
Papua_New Guinea_ Australia 1942
« on: August 26, 2015, 08:32:42 AM »

Papua_New Guinea_Australia 1942

As promised, here is the 1942 version of the PNG_AUS map!  In this initial listing, I have changed/deleted/added airfields and re-textured numerous areas on the map to represent what this area of the world looked like during the summer of 1942.

And to credit all those involved in making this map, here is a list of all those I am aware of:

Tomcat_Zombie - Original map creator
SAS~Farang65 - Map editor.  Everything in Australia, land textures, shallows, The Great Barrier Reef, bridges, PNG reefs, etc...
Dpeters95 (me  :D) - Map editor - Re-texturing everywhere except Australia, Rabaul - town and airstrips, Runway and taxiway modifications for many airstrips, land mass corrections, etc...

Whitecat - Desert Airfield and Wood textures
Bombsaway - Shallow water texture
Bender - Martins England texture
Avala - Beach Rock texture
Max_thehitman - Pacific Island huts
Thierry - Sky texture

If I have left anyone out, I am sorry, please let me know and I will be sure to add you to the list!

Download Link:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/ktow892rmq6zckj/PNG_AUS_1942_8_26_15.7z

Update (10/02/2015)
https://www.mediafire.com/download/198i22dbueb867q/PNG_AUS_1942_10_02_15.7z

I have researched this time period and received additional recommendations from other users but if anyone has additional information to make this map more correct, please let me know!  I want this map to be as accurate as possible.   

Installation Instructions:

To use JSGME to add the map:

1)  Decompress the download and copy the "AUS_PNG Full Update 15_08_2015" folder to your jsgmemods folder.
2)  Create a new folder depending on your version of IL-2 (i.e. #UP#, #DBW, etc.) inside the "AUS_PNG Full Update 15_08_2015" folder and then move the "MAPMODS" folder and it's contents inside that new folder.
For v4.09 the path would now be "...jsgmemods\AUS_PNG Full Update 15_08_2015\#UP#\MAPMODS\MAPS\etc...
3)  Then add the line contained in the file, "Add this to your all.ini file" (located inside "MAPS" folder) to the top of a copy of your current "all.ini" file and save it to the "MAPS" folder.  If you have previously installed maps to your IL2 version, your current "all.ini" file is located in the "#UP#\Mods/MapMods/Maps folder.  If you have not previously installed new maps, your current "all.ini" file is located in the "#UP#\STD\com\Maddox\il2\objects" folder.  Replace "#UP#" with "#DBW", etc. depending on the mods folder of your IL2 version.
4)  Activate the map in JSGME.

To direct install:
1)  Decompress the download and copy the "MAPMODS" folder and it's contents directly to your #UP# (or #DBW, etc.) folder.  If it already exists, merge the two folders.
2)  Then add the line contained in the file, "Add this to your all.ini file" (inside "MAPS" folder) to the top of a copy of your current "all.ini" file and save it to the "MAPS" folder.  If you have previously installed maps to your IL2 version, your current "all.ini" file is located in the "#UP#\Mods/MapMods/Maps folder.  If you have not previously installed new maps, your current "all.ini" file is located in the "#UP#\STD\com\Maddox\il2\objects" folder.  Replace "#UP#" with "#DBW", etc. depending on the mods folder of your IL2 version.

Enjoy,
Dennis

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
Re: Papua_New Guinea_ Australia 1942
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 08:42:14 AM »

A really loving map mates!

A milestone for every pacific scenario!

All we are amazed and grateful to you!

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 06:17:03 PM »

Awesome stuff Dennis  :D
I am surprised to see it released so soon  :D
Looking forward to flying it this week end  ;D

Just a little note I made two new textures for Cape York Peninsula in the CYP folder the rest were in game or by WhiteCat
The Oz bush and arid textures are new from me  ;D

Cheers
Kirby

Peter Lynn

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 06:56:30 PM »

This is great. Thank you!

Peter Lynn

bomberkiller

• Treffen sich zwei Jäger...!
  • Modder
  • Bf-109G-6/R6 = Bomber Killer
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 08:58:58 AM »

looks very good!

Thank you.

Best regards, Gerhard  :)
FAC N° 9 ...cheers mein Schatz

macgiver

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 03:01:28 PM »

Great job!
this was long(waiting ;))...but this is one of the better pacific maps(now I can make Lae raids or Bismarck's see battle).
Thank you very much

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 06:21:52 PM »

Great job!
this was long(waiting ;))...but this is one of the better pacific maps(now I can make Lae raids or Bismarck's see battle).
Thank you very much

Yes, bring on those new missions for this map!  I would love to see them...

I also am working on missions that cover the career of George Welsh.  Besides being one of very few pilots that got off the ground at Pearl Harbor, he also went on to be an ace in the PNG theatre.  I will be able to use both the 42 and 43 versions of this map!  :)

vegetarian

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 08:09:32 AM »

Fantastic - great job! This will complement the Solomons map for the crucial south pacific air war campaigns. There is some great info in Eric Bergerud's book "Fire in the Sky", excellent reading for this theatre.

This game just gets better and better due to the efforts of all the fabulous modders out there - a great big thank you to you all!.

BTW dpeters95, looking forward to the George Welch campaign  ;)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 01:03:12 PM »

Congrats Dennis, Kirby et al!
 :)
Cheers

Thorst.

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 06:45:40 PM »

This map was truly Dennis' effort Thorst.  ;)
I just gave him info on what airfields to remove on the Cape York Peninsula for 42  ;D

Cheers

Kirby

JIMMY99

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 09:26:50 AM »

Hi there !!!

THX for your work this map is a long waiting one !!!

I just want to know if it's possible to do a trail net with briges in the sector between Buna and kokoda and around Lae, Wewak or Rabaul areas?...This for a potential 49th FG campaign..

And a question, don't you think that the Dobodura base and the one next to it, with there "concrete style" look more 44 than 42...?

thx again for this big job !!!

take care !!!!

JIM

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 04:04:57 PM »

Hi there !!!

THX for your work this map is a long waiting one !!!

I just want to know if it's possible to do a trail net with briges in the sector between Buna and kokoda and around Lae, Wewak or Rabaul areas?...This for a potential 49th FG campaign..

And a question, don't you think that the Dobodura base and the one next to it, with there "concrete style" look more 44 than 42...?

thx again for this big job !!!

take care !!!!

JIM

Jim, well, if you are willing to work with me I will sure try to accommodate you.  ;)

The runways at Buna and Old Buna on the map are currently Pacific Ground Plate (Dirt - Dark Brown) and at Dobodura the runway is Pacific Sand Plate (Sand color).  They may appear to be a concrete type but they are not.  I have searched the internet and it does appear that they certainly may have been grass fields in 1942 from descriptions I have found.  Those, I can change...

The trails and bridges are something else.  If you are talking about the "Kokoda Track", I am aware of that and can find maps showing the route.  So, with some work, that can be added.  But as far as trails around Lae, Wewak and Rabaul, I'm not as familiar with those and do not have maps showing them.  If you have maps or can provide links so I can see where they should be located, I will give it a go!

Dennis
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 27 queries.