Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Papua_New Guinea_ Australia 1942  (Read 11242 times)

dpeters95

• Modder
Re: Papua_New Guinea_ Australia 1942
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 09:46:57 AM »

******** Update Oct 2,2015 ********

Here is what is included:

1)  I rebuilt the runways at Buna Old and Buna New.  In my research, in 1942 both of these runways were grass runways.  In the case of Buna Old, they were improved upon the following year but Buna New remained grass and was eventually not even used.

Buna Old 1942

Buna New 1942

2)  I added The Kokoda Track.  It extends 96 kilometres (60 mi) from Gona (near Buna)  to Kokoda and then from Kokoda to Port Moresby.

3)  I have removed the Horanda Airstrip previously located in Dobodura.  That airstrip was built by the allies in Nov 1942 and should not be included on this map.

The 1st post download link has been updated to include this new updated map...

Dennis

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2015, 11:32:14 AM »

Thanks mate for keeping this map updated with last fixes!

A very important map!

Thanks for share!

JIMMY99

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 03:59:36 AM »

Thx for this Kokoda Trail and Bridges !!!

unfortunately, I can t record mission on this map cause probably a lack of objects....

For information I was able to record mission on teh first version of your map....

Can you help me?

THX for all !!!!!!!!!!!

JIM

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 09:38:01 AM »

Thx for this Kokoda Trail and Bridges !!!

unfortunately, I can t record mission on this map cause probably a lack of objects....

For information I was able to record mission on teh first version of your map....

Can you help me?

THX for all !!!!!!!!!!!

JIM

Hmmm...  The only new objects I added in this update was the bridge on the Kokoda Track and the blast pens and barracks at Buna Old.

1) What version of Il2 are you using?
2)  If you load the map in FMB do you get any popups that say you have missing objects?

I develop/update my maps using UP 3.0 RC (v4.10.1m).  Let me know the answer to the above two questions and I will check it out.  Most likely, if you are using an IL2 version earlier than my version, download "Boomers Objects Pack" and place the four .SFS files in your root directory:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads3&file=details&id=1621

Let me know if this fixes the problem,
Dennis

JIMMY99

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 10:27:34 AM »

Well I use an old 409m mod SAS activator....That's why I certainely miss some objects....And I currently Work on the boomer objects..

In fact I think I miss objects between the first version of this map the 6-1-15 and the 1942 version the 8-26-15....

Is the bridge you use in the kokoda trail is the one you can find in the original game or is it a mod?

THX

JIM

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 11:20:34 AM »

TBH I would consider using Ultra Pack 2.01 in your case. On the forum in "my" Sabre thread is a step by step instruction with links for 4.07m to 4.09m and UP2.01.
Reply 10. ;)

Start
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,46792.0.html

Reply 10
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=46792.msg520398#msg520398

With UP 2.01, all my maps load.
But I also use an old version of Boomer's object pack.

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 02:52:11 PM »

Well I use an old 409m mod SAS activator....That's why I certainely miss some objects....And I currently Work on the boomer objects..

In fact I think I miss objects between the first version of this map the 6-1-15 and the 1942 version the 8-26-15....

Is the bridge you use in the kokoda trail is the one you can find in the original game or is it a mod?

THX

JIM

Jim, to be honest, I don't really know.  I never did any map development back in the old v4.08 - v4.09 days.  The Country bridge I used in this update is one of three (Country, Rail, Highway) in the unlocked FMB that, as far as I know, have always existed.  Besides, these same type bridges are used in the Australia area of this map.  If you could save missions on the map before, I don't believe they are your problem.  Maybe the blast pens or barracks at Buna Old are creating your problem.  I added those because I found photographs that actually show those items at the airstrip exactly as I added them.

If there is not a BIG reason for you to stay with v4.09, I would recommend moving on.  The later versions have many more enhancements that I think greatly improve upon the game.  If you don't want to go all the way up to the latest version of CUP, I would agree with the advice from SAS~Tom2 and at least move up to Ultra Pack 2.01.

Dennis

JIMMY99

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 03:38:59 AM »

Yes THX...I will move with CUP I think

Do you know if the AI used in CUP is a Mod AI or if it is the AI of the game at 4.12.2m level?

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 07:49:36 AM »

Do you know if the AI used in CUP is a Mod AI or if it is the AI of the game at 4.12.2m level?

It is the same AI as used in 4.12.2m as far as I know.

By the way, if you move up to CUP, this map will hopefully soon be included.

Dennis

dpeters95

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 09:21:03 PM »

It is the same AI as used in 4.12.2m as far as I know.

By the way, if you move up to CUP, this map will hopefully soon be included.

Dennis

I stand corrected.  Simon said, "AI is 412 Modded with Western0221 Patch.  Western fixed the AI behaviour."
I was not aware of this...

Sharkzz

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2016, 07:44:59 PM »

G'day ALL
~S~
& thanks for the awesome map!. loving it.
a realy good reference book available from most Aussie libraries. or maybe found online in digital form somewhere, is
Whispering Death - Australian Airmen In the Pacific War - by Mark Johnston -(allen and unwin press)
it covers also a lot on dates-maps-missions, as well as details on America's help, which was very very much needed and appreciated.
have a captain's at it recommend it highly.
~S~
Sharkzz
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

Kopfdorfer

• Potez 63.11 France's most significant AC in 1940
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 10:47:16 PM »

I have the same issue as Jimmy99.

I am using HSFX7.
If anyone with an HSFX7 install has this working , I would appreciate a review of what objects are missing , where they may be found and how to install them.

Thanks , Kopfdorfer
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 27 queries.