Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: .50 cals and C.U.P.  (Read 788 times)

deadstick88

.50 cals and C.U.P.
« on: August 25, 2015, 02:13:44 PM »

I just want to ask a quick question about which aircraft FMs and weapon DMs have been modified from stock because whilst tooling around in the P-51B-5NA I noticed that the four .50 package not only sounds like two braces of Ma Deuces really booming but they definitely have more hitting power than not just the default B's guns but even the six-gun package of the D model.  Something is clearly off when I can land a decent one second burst from four .50s on a crossing shot and absolutely wreck a 190, but I can track and side-to-side rake that same 190 with six .50s for three seconds or more and still leave him without fight-ending damage.  It also seems to me that the new 51B seems to be a bit faster with better instantaneous turn, as well, so if that be the case what other planes have had their stock FMs modded?  Any answers or, even better, a complete list of aircraft with new FMs and the updated .50s would be very, VERY greatly appreciated.

And last but not least, let me give a HUGE thank you for everybody involved with this wonderful project!  The $5 I spent on 1946 was the best money I ever spent largely to the efforts of this team and everyone associated with the project.  You guys rock and I hope this labor of love is still being worked on ten years from now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 25 queries.