Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question to the DCG experts  (Read 1955 times)

kennel

A question to the DCG experts
« on: August 04, 2015, 03:15:23 AM »

Hi

Simple question, what has to be done to DCG to get the new flyables and AI into it so we can use them in single player campaigns?

Kennel

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
Re: A question to the DCG experts
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 02:04:56 PM »

Several files have to be updated. With all the super smart people here, I would have hoped that we would have a campaign generator by now that reads the files in the objects folder and maps we have installed with some awesome GUI that takes the best of what DGEN, DGEN MOD, DCG, UQMG & Mission Mate have to offer into one pretty package. However, I am grateful for what these guys have given us "for free". 

deadstick88

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 06:56:40 AM »

JG7_X_Man

• Missioneer
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 12:21:06 PM »

Hi

Simple question, what has to be done to DCG to get the new flyables and AI into it so we can use them in single player campaigns?

Kennel

Done :)

tomoose

• Modder
  • Iiiiiiiit's ME! Hurrah!!
    • 71 "Eagle" Squadron
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 12:42:24 PM »

Kennel;
I'm in the middle of creating a DCG coop campaign using HSFX and the WF44 map.  I found out pretty early that two key files that DCG needs is;
class.dcg,  and
payloads.dcg

Those two files (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) provide DCG with the parameters of all the aircraft.  If they are 'old' or out of date compared to the actual aircraft available in game version you're using (e.g. HSFX) then DCG will crap out.  Additionally if a skin file is not available for an aircraft you are using, DCG will also crap out.
For example, in my initial .mis master file I used the L-5 Stinson but something isn't right in one of the files because I get an error message when trying to generate a mission.  I swapped out the Stinson for a Spitfire and then it was good to go.

If the class and payload files don't match the aircraft 'list' in the game then you can get a situation where your generated mission starts and every aircraft (I mean everything) blows up upon spawning.  Frustrating at first but funny too.  ;)

I've literally just gone through the above scenarios.  I've still can't get the Stinson into the game yet but nothing is blowing up so it's all good, LOL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 23 queries.